Creative Muvo TX is completely dead - please help

Username: Rajinthebox

Post Number: 1
Hi! I own the Creative Muvo TX FM, and I've had a serious problem with it today.

At first I got the 'file system error' message on it. I checked this board and other sites and the solution seemed to be as simple as formatting it using the new firmware. I downloaded it, and tried formatting my player. However during this process the software stopped responding.

Since then, my Muvo Memory key is completely dead. The player does not start at all, and my computer does not recognize anything whenever I plug it into the computer. Nothing shows up in my computer and I cannot add it as new hardware. What should I do? Please help.

Username: Prodigy

If you have not solved the problem yet, try this. Format the device using FAT file system, not FAT32. It worked for me!

santtu j
Unregistered guest
Has anyone solved this problem? I have same problem with my muvo tx and i cant do anything with it. how can i format the device if my computer doesent recognize it when i plug it in?

Username: Rajinthebox

Post Number: 2
I wasn't able to fix it. I emailed creative and they said the device must be faulty. I had lost my warranty information so I had to buy a new one. I was fvcking pissed, but thats life. sorry guys.

KyttKat
Unregistered guest
We got my father-in-law one for Christmas and, yep you guessed it "File System Error". Windows XP recognised the unit as present but wouldn't do anything with it. XP just ignored the format command, tried it in DOS, still no joy.

I looked here and tried the new Firmware (1.10.05) as Raj suggested, with the format box checked - the install just crashed. Out of shear bl**dy-mindedness I tried it again and PRESTO!!! I'm now listening to a living and active MUVO TX.

It may not work for anyone else, but it was worth a try as we had lost the warranty info too.

Good luck.

E.P
Unregistered guest
I have the same "File System Error" Butt i have a MAC! does annyone no how to fix it? PLEASE HELP ME!

Unregistered guest
i have the msg - FLIE SYSTEM ERROR , then i formatted it in FAT system , then it worked for 3hr , then again it shows the same prob , and now my XP is not recognising the device , no usb prob but only the device prob , can any one of u gde me thru ,

Anonymous

My MuVo TX FM 512MB player died after 6 months. Creative wants a $40 "administrative fee" to honor the warranty. Has anyone gotten then to waive this fee? or recieved a refund instead?

Spiral
Unregistered guest
MY creative Muvo went dead last night, model: DAP-TD0001 64MB, i tried the FAT system, but now my pc keeps saying it is not formatted. Even when i choose the option to format it it still doesn't work, the same error message comes up.
Can anyone advise what i can ddo

Tails
Unregistered guest
Im getting the same problem at the moment as well. My 64mb MuVo is apparently not formatted, but when i use the Windows formatting, it says it cannot format, and when i use the Creative software formatting tool (that came on the cd) it still doesnt work :S

Unregistered guest
yeah mine just had teh saem problem on my N200 i don't know what to do. windows can't format it. where do you download the places to fix it?

Anonymous

I told my dad to just throw it a way. So he took it down to walmart and ask if they would excahnge the stick part and they did. So now i have a working movu tx fm. And im not hasteding a minute to install the frimware

ali.d
Unregistered guest
MUVO SUCKS A$S>>>>>>>>
IT DOESN'T EVEN TURN ON
ARE YOU KIDDING ME UGH
I WANT My 150 BACK MOTHERf*ckER!

hotgoss
Unregistered guest
Yep you've guessed it , my son has a muvo tx and we're getting the message file system error but I can't format it as my computer won't recognise it . I've lost the receipt how much will creative charge to fix it ??

Unregistered guest
There are 2 Creative MP3 players in our household, the TxFM and the n200 (I think.) Both have died on us. They would not turn on at all. The first time we went back to the shop and the went of with it and reappeard a few minutes later and it was working. He said he did something with the software. The second one I bought on eBay, and it has just done the same thing. It's a great we gadget so this repeated problem is very disappointing. I certainly can't recomment it. Any ideas on the power issue?

Username: Spiff

For all those who are have error problems with the creative muvo tx. I had recently purchased this product plugged it into the usb ports on the front of my comp and I too got an error report and win xp couldn't recognize it. After unplugging and re-plugging a couple of times i tried the usb ports on the back of my comp, this time it worked! The difference between the two (front and back on my comp) are the front are usb 1.1 whereas the ones on the back are 2.0. It seems the muvo is a little fussy and requires a 2.0 usb connection. Hope this helps some frustration.

chops
Unregistered guest
Hi all, just had the same problem (file system error message & could not re-format my muvo n200) as being discussed here and fixed it 5 minutes ago. just needed to download the new firmware for the n200 and run it with the n200 connected to the computer via the usb cable. make sure you select the option to format the data area too, or it will not fix the problem. i dont think usb1.1 or usb 2.0 makes any difference.

Before doing this, I created a new partition on the n200 by running the windows xp installation cd while the n200 was connected to the computer. delete any partitions on the n200 and create a new one in its place. not sure if this does anything but its good to work with a clean slate.

user
Unregistered guest
Creative MuVo Slim 256MB here.

Dead after nine months. It won't power on.

But still can be used as USB drive.

Firmware upgraded from 1.10.05 to 1.11.03 couldn't save it.

Anonymous

If you need to format the player, try right clicking my computer, click on manage, go to "Disk Managment", then create a new partition and format using FAT. Should work like new!

pbowers
Unregistered guest
Bought a muvo n200 5 months ago for my wife. Yesterday all of a sudden it won't turn on. I'll try some of the suggestions above and see what happens...

Unregistered guest
Hi. I was wondering if anyone could send me the Installation Cd by email or if i could go somewhere to download. I have given a MuVo N200 Micro (256MB) to my mother and she lost the CD. Now the hard disk of her computer has been formatted and she lost all the information. Here in Brazil i cannot find this cd anywhere to buy it. IS it possible for someone to help me? Tks a lot.

Eduardo.Duffz
Unregistered guest
i have almost same problem as u guys..
Mine is MUVO2 4gb!
I cant turn it on.. but when u put it to reload the batery then the mp3 starts but cant load musics..
it stops in screen "loading music" and pc cant recognize the drive..
what should i do?

wantmyplayerbackitkickedass
Unregistered guest
i press on, it turns on for a second, then shuts off.. creative muvo tx 256 mb. this only after 4.5 months. ?? how do you fix this?

Unregistered guest
Hi there, My MuVo TX FM has a 1GB capacity - it is 1 day old, and only lets me put around 100 tracks (regardless of which tracks and what size). It says that it has 850MB (or whatever) free, but when I try to load them using the Creative organiser, it says "error"...anyone else had this issue, and know a fix?

Unregistered guest
I should note that it otherwise works like a dream.

Unregistered guest
duh! I am pleased to announce that I resolved my problem. Apparently the MuVo root folder can only hold around 100 files, despite having a 1GB capacity (or whatever your capacity is). The way to deal with this is to have folders that can contain all your tracks...seems pretty inefficent to me but that's the way it goes.

Duffao
Unregistered guest
ok guys i will try to help u..
it should work fine with few of u.. but should.
Mine is creative Mp3 muvo and my pc couldnt find it anymore, then what i did.. hold on the MENU button of my muvo mp3 for like 5 secs and then choose reset system.. u will reset the system of your mp3 and then u scandisk it on windows and its done! :P
as me if is there any questions and sorry for my bad english!!!
cya guys

omgstupidmuvo!
Unregistered guest
creative muvo tx 256mb, 'file system error' for me too... my pc can see that its there but everytime i try and access it: E:// is not accessible........ the request could not be performed because of an I/O error...

when i try and format it it jus lags and then the icon disappears... is there somewhere i can download this firmware ur talking about?

Username: Muvoworks

Solution: Reformat as FAT, *not* FAT32 or NTFS.

Creative MuVo TX FM. Songs were playing in reverse order, so I formatted it on my WinXP laptop as FAT32. Windows stopped recognizing it, and I got the File System Error problem. The answer in my case was formatting it as FAT, *not* FAT32, and definitely not NTFS.

Creative's Knowledge Base article tells you how to get into Recovery Mode, but then tells you it can't be done for a wide variety of MuVo products (http://dmzweb3.europe.creative.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=359,E=000000000 0088390482,K=3186,Sxi=0,Case=obj(4734),Kb=ww_english_add,VARSET=ws:http://ca.creative.com or http://tiny*remove*url.com/8rlbz). The article title implies these are instructions for all MuVo products. Look closer. The instructions are only for MuVo². Duh...

From the article:
------------------
Unlike NOMAD MuVo2, other MuVo players such as MuVo C100 Sport, MuVo Slim, MuVo TX, MuVO TX FM, MuVo NX or MuVo Micro players do not have a recovery mode. To reset these players, use Windows Format.

To format these players, go to Windows Explorer, locate the drive letter assigned to your player, then right click on it, and select Format. Be sure to select FAT or FAT 32, but not NTFS as the format option.
------------------

Note they tell you it's OK to use FAT32. Didn't work for me. I had no music for days. :-(

Username: Muvoworks

Oh yeah - I just discovered it says FAT only on page 4-28 of the English manual and on page B-4 of the same are the error diagrams. The solution to "File System Error" is reformat as FAT.

The manual is available for download at http://www.creative.com/support

Unregistered guest
I have a new solution for a dead Muvo.

My Muvo N200 is dead for a while because of upgrading firmware. And I try many solutions to turn it on. The solution of "Trevor Jones" that is about usb 1.1 and 2.0. So I try to connect it with the difference computers, with a usb1.1 and usb2.0(my compuster has only usb2.0). And it's work now. These are the steps to get muvo back.

- plug your muvo to a computer that NEVER be pluged to it. The usb port should be 1.1. If it works find, you will see that this computer can recognize it and ask you to install the driver of "SMT3000" or something like that. Just press 'ok' or 'cancel'. Windows cannot find the driver anyway.

- disconnect your Muvo and plug it in the port of your computer again. and try to install the lated firmware, 1.20.04 for N200.

It works for me and I hope it could help you all.

Regards, Art.

wal
Unregistered guest
MuVo sucks...I have the "file system error" message too. I appreciate all the advice people have posted. I went to the creative website and it sucks too! I'll try some of the suggestions given here, but I have my doubts. I've been trying to get it to work for a few days...MuVo sucks!

Crys
Unregistered guest
iv had my muVo tx 256mb for 4 months now and had no problems with it turning on, or my pc finding it. however recently any new songs put on it play with extremely bad quality, ther are random ringing noises. there are a few songs that remain unaffected and play as normal consistantly but the other songs will not play without this annoying background noise. anyone know whats wrong here? the songs work fine on my pc and theres nothing wrong with the cds they are from.

cheers

Mr Unhappy
Unregistered guest
I suggest we throw all our faulty muvos into the Atlantic ocean and form a land bridge between the two continents

Anonymous

"File System Error" - make sure you are using USB 2.0 port when flashing a firmware and formatting the drive (muVo tx 256mb) - in my hands did not work on USB 1.0 but did on USB 2.0

Alex B
Unregistered guest
Hi Everybody,

I have a Muvo TX 256mb. One thing about my Muvo that I didn't like was that in an album, it would play the musics from the last music to the first. So I decided to do an update of the firmware. i had the 1.02 and tried to upgrade to the 1.10.05. I had a error during the update that cancelled the update, changing from version 1.02 to version 0.00.00!!!!!!! I removed the Muvo and it was dead. Could not turn it on. I've starting looking in the internet and found this forum with people with the same problem. After reading I tought "I've destroyed it. F***!!!!" The computer did not recognize the hardware, only found smtp3500, but didn't solve anything. Well, after doing I little more research, I've discoverd from Creative this ( http://dmzweb3.europe.creative.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=115,E=000000000 0093047046,K=7120,Sxi=0,Kb=ww_english_add,VARSET=ws:http://pt.europe.creative.co m/,Case=obj(4789),Kb=ww_english_add ):

To connect the player in Recovery Mode, please follow the procedures below

* Unplug the player from a computer if it is plugged
* Install the latest driver if you have not done so or if you have not installed any drivers for your player. You can download the file MStorage_PCDRV_LB_1_07_00_250.exe. ( http://dmzweb3.europe.creative.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=115,E=000000000 0093047046,K=7120,Sxi=0,Kb=ww_english_add,VARSET=ws:http://pt.europe.creative.co m/,Case=obj(4789),Kb=ww_english_add )
* Remove the battery from the player, press and hold the Play button while connecting the player to the USB port.
* Continue to hold the Play button for about 10 seconds after connecting your player is connected to the USB port.
* When the Find New Hardware dialog box appears on your computer screen, release the Play button.
* If this is the first time a player is installed as Player Recovery Device, Windows will find a Player Recovery Device (or USB Device), and prompt you for drivers. Click on No, and select "Do not search. I will choose the driver to install". Windows will install the drivers automatically.

# Double click on the downloaded file again, to update the player's firmware.

Well, it solved my dead Muvo!!!! It's working!!!! With the new firmware 1.10.05. Ohhh and the musics now play in the proper order!!!! By the way I formated with Fat32.

Hope I can help anybody with this tip.
Sorry for any error in the English. I'm Portuguese.

Alex B
Lisbon, Portugal

zac_newt
Unregistered guest
My problem was: it would turn on, display the first 2 screens "Creative" and "Muvo N200" then turn itself off. Upgrading the firmware (MuVoN200_PCFW_LF_1_20_04.exe) available from the Creative site did the trick. This reformats the whole thing, so back up your music first.

Unregistered guest
My creative MuVo tx -256MB- mp3 died after 6 months of use
Formatted or not(in FAT), i think a have bad clusters on it or somehow, anyway i put some mp3 or wav files and still nothing. If i add more than 12 mb of file in my Muvo, it freezz my entire computer(win xp) I tried my mp3 on over 6 computers on different windows OS and also try to format
When i go to the setting in my Muvo, theres no free space even when i just formatted the disk 2 min ago

PLz help, my mp3 is my only music player -->xvmon_1@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
Hey guys,, my muvo is not died after all, i just download that firmware and it work^^--> let you guide http://www.creative.com/language.asp?sDestUrl=/support/downloads
Choose the correct mp3 device--<IMPORTANT
After the download, connect your mp3 to your computer and run the setup you just downloaded,i will detect the mp3 you have in seconde,after that chose the option ``format date area'' and click start, after that it should fonction...It work for me^^ for Muvo tx users, i can use this link to the firmware-->http://ca.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp?sOSName=Windows+XP&region= 1&Product_Name=MuVo+TX&Product_ID=9672&modelnumber=&driverlang=1033&OS=10&driver type=4&Image4.x=23&Image4.y=13

Anonymous

I also bought one of these things, who's in for a class action law suit .. i think that about sums up everthing you are reading on this page. If they don't know what they are doing in thier mfg facility somewhere (overseas ; no doubt) then dont create products. I feel so stupid for buying this for a gift no less

Unregistered guest
I got the "File System Error" message on my MuVo TX FM drive,
i did as T.Andrew said
i format it in FAT file system with quick format in XP
now it is working fine.
thank you, T.Andrew......

Unregistered guest
hi to all.my problem with muvo tx fm 512 is:
when I turn it on,first muvo starts an on display i read CREATIVE,after this text I read Muvo tx.this i normal but after "muvo tx" my player is turned off.WHY.what I gonna do?
and where in europe I can repair it???

Unregistered guest
I have a muvo tx fm 256... when i turn it on it just sits there with the creative logo or just the backlight on.. ne help here

Unregistered guest
Hello i have a Creative MuVo Tx 128 mb the problem with my mp3 is same as u guyz. It says syestem error I/O. I even contacted Creative lab but they weren't able to help me either. The real problem with my mp3 is that 1st when i plug it to my computer with out using recovery wizard it shows up in my computer but when i do plug in MuVO Tx with using Recovery Wizard my computer dosn't recognize it and it doesn't show up in my Computer. I can't format it either because when i do try to fromat it and click it nothing comes it so it's really confusing if anyone ANYone knows what i am talkin about please tell me what to do in detail i will REALLY REALLY appreciate it THHK YOU.

Anonymous

Curse, I had your problem, too. To solve it, you need to download the latest driver from Creative Site. After I did that, my computer recognized my MuVo TX 256 using Recovery Wizard. I then reformated it and updated firmware.

Frost1976
Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a Muvo Tx 1 GB, my problem is that while the device is recognised by my PC and the PC can see all the tracks on the device, the device itself claims there's no music on there. And even if you put more tracks on there, it fails to recognise them.
It's only a couple of months old and one day it was working, the next it wasn't. Any clever people out there...

Curse Creative
Unregistered guest
OK thnx Anonymous but the firmwire is already in my computer but what i don't understand is how to get creative muvo tx to go into recovery mode. i press and hold the play button when i plug it with my comp but after couple of seconds my comp says that there has been a new hardware pluged to ur comp. Then when i try to click the rmoveable icon for my mp3 it's not there. PLease tell me breifly to how to get my mp3 player in to REcovery mode. I would really really aprreciate it thnx a lot!!!

Anonymous

Hi! I own the Creative Muvo TX FM 1GB , and I've had a serious problem with it today. I got the 'file system error' message on it. i don't no what to do please help

Anonymous

i have a Muvo TX FM 512MB, it went dead for about months now and i dont know how to fix it. the 1st problem is that, my computer wont detect it when i plug it in. before it used to but now, it sucks!!! pls. help me guyz... is there a cure out there?????

Anonymous

i have a Muvo TX FM 512MB, it went dead for about months now and i dont know how to fix it. the 1st problem is that, my computer wont detect it when i plug it in. before it used to but now, it sucks!!! pls. help me guyz... is there a cure out there????? this is my email add jan_usjr@yahoo.com

Username: Jervois

Hey, for those with problems with your muvo mp3 player... this is a must try..
update your player's firmware first!! most important thing to do!!
First, set your player in recovery mode.
1. Hold on to your player's play/pause button. Insert into your pc's usb port.
Wait for install new driver dialog box to appear. Do step 1 again until u see this dialog box.
Make sure you have installed the driver for the recovery mode device first.

install this set of drivers first.
Then, run the firmware update utility.

Checked on the checkbox to format ur player to FAT file format.
Device ready to be used.

Cheers,
Jervois Reckburn

jimmer
Unregistered guest
It's a fragile little bugger. Had my txfm512 for
about 3 days, dropped it and the !@#$!@#$!@#$
little master switch broke. Creative was none too
sympathetic.....send it in and we'll replace the
stick for $100. Thanks....

Unregistered guest
Hi All,
Hope at least some of you have Recovered your Creative MP3 players already...For those who havent, please read on...
I faced the same problem last month(Jan-2006) on my Creative MuVO TX FM 512MB which i used for about 1 year without any problems except for the inherent voice recording bug.
To solve the issue, I tried updating the OS with the latest Driver and then the Latest Firmware as suggested by Creative website somewhere. It worked...!!! The Disk and "I were recovered"...!!!
Please Try it too...
These are the file names and versions of the driver and Firmware that i downloaded and used in the process from Creative website.
Driver: "MStorage_PCDRV_LB_1_07_00_250.exe"
Firmware:"MuVoTXFM_PCFW_LF_1_19_01.exe"

"http://in.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp?sOSName=Windows+XP&region= 2&Product_Name=MuVo+TX+FM&Product_ID=9771&modelnumber=&driverlang=1033&OS=10&dri vertype=0&x=24&y=13"
(but use above links only for your "MuVo TX FM" models, for other models you will have to refer the respective link on the Creative website given below and try the same procedure).
For other models use this link and select your respective drivers/firmwares:
http://in.creative.com/support/downloads/

Follow the instructions exactly as in the website specified near the driver links to install the driver and firmware.

BTW, I really think that the 'file system error' occured when i kept carelessly unplugging the device from the PC over a period of time without ejecting it through Windows ("Safely Remove Hardware" option from the Windows Tray i mean).
So be careful while unplugging. Use the windows option rather than abruptly pulling it out after copying your files.

Hope this Helps.
Sanju
Japan

"Is your soul saved by HIM?"
"HE can Recover You too."

sanju
Unregistered guest
for more help, mail me at :
"sanjuchan@yahoo.com"

sanju
Unregistered guest
...(Contn)...
for more help, mail me at :
"sanjuchan@yahoo.com"

Username: Oki_jangkoy

i have just tried this, when you insert your muvo and the driver dont recognize it just follow this simple tests. you will need a usb extension for an easier way.

first insert your muvo player in your pc, then when it promps for a driver press all the buttons of your player, then it copies the recovery drivers to your pc, then after copying it is now recognized but there is still no removable disk visible, you have to safely remove your muvo then plug it back in, this time it will not ask for a driver, its already recognized, format it using muvo formatter, its on the cd of your muvo, then after you do this, its already ready to use..... :-) hehehe

if ever you tried this guys and it works pls let me know if it worked email me at oki_jangkoy@yahoo.com just a little confirmation that i helped some, :-) tnx and i hope this can help you guys.

john

Kitsune
Unregistered guest
I thought I was going to die when my mp3 player died after a few months.
But, I got it to work. It took a lot of screaming, ranting, raving, swearing, and about an hour to figure out what to do. But I got it.
Alright. Download the driver. Install the driver.
Then, press the play button and hold it as you plug your mp3 player into the computer (for MuVo TXFM. Others, follow your recovery mode info on creative.com) hold it, and stop pressing play once the "recovery software" pops up (it was a bubble for me, like with automatic updates.)
Then, go through that install.
Once done with that, install your firmware

It worked for me.

Anonymous

Now I can't turn it on!

I did everything like people above had said with my Muvo TX 256 from downloading drive and firmware to recovery and update. But I laughed too early. After I unplugged my Muvo, then inserted it into battery pack, I couldn't turn it on!!!! I checked and changed batteries but still couldn't turn on the power. Now I can only use my Muvo as a USB storage drive. :-(

jplopes
Unregistered guest
I have a MuVo N200 and last night it went dead. When I tried to turn it on, it said "File System Error". Well, after reading some of the messages, I downloaded the firmware version 1.20.04. When I tried to install it, there was this message saying the device had to be in recovery mode. So, I did what Alex B. suggested. And BINGO! It worked! It's as good as new... or better, since now it has the upgraded software. Thank you Alex. Obrigado! Viva a capacidade portuguesa de desenrascanco!

MuvoISGOODifWorking
Unregistered guest
Meh, my 256 Muvo TX went dead after 6 months, and i know i have the info and potential to fox it, but im not gonna bother, bc i reckon this is a good excuse to get a replacement or credit to buy another player, im going for a hard back, like nano, bc damn muvo is weak plastic... :S

Username: Shiny

Hello fellow MuVo users,

I have the same problem: MuVo TX FM 512MB is not recognized by my computer and doesn't turn on at all. However, the most serious problem for me is that I have a very important data there. I got the problem just before backing it up.

Is there anybody who could copy data (even just some part of it) from MuVo before fixing this problem?

Username: Creative_scks

My Muvo Slim 256MB showed up with die "File system error" too, I followed up the advice on this site and installed new firmware and the muvo was up and running..for the time being. Today I wanted to put new music on my player and suddenly it just stopped, he's now completely dead, it doesn't on, computer doesn't recognised it etc. After one freaking day!! I think I'll just buy me a new one, and not one from Creative..

Username: Aguywhocares

Hi,

I've had the same FILE SYSTEM ERROR problem with my year old Muvo TX 512MB. Previously I could only load around 300MB of files before the device claimed it was full. I decided to format the device using My Computer as the instructions in the manual dictated. It then recognised the full 512MB of space, allowed me to fill the device with files...and then I got "File System Error" when I tried to listen to my music on the way to work

THIS IS THE SOLUTION THAT WORKED FOR ME!

* Go to www.creative.com/support

* Download the latest firmware for your device and the region you bought it in. Do not run it yet

* Hold down PLAY and insert the device into a USB port. Continue to hold PLAY for 10 seconds. Windows will now say that a device in Recovery Mode has been attached. Follow the Windows Recovery Wizard steps.

* Insert the Creative Muvo TX Installation CD when prompted to. Once the Recovery Wizard says it has finished, cancel the rest of the installation because the rest should still be on your PC harddrive anyway.

-------------
NB - The device will now have DRIVERS installed but the FIRMWARE will still be missing. If you have any IMPORTANT DATA on your device it should be visible in Windows Explorer now and you should transfer it to your HDD before you continue
-------------

* Remove the CD and restart your PC if it asks for it.

* When your PC has restarted, plug the device into the USB port holding PLAY again to once more put it into recovery mode.

* Now run the firmware application that you downloaded all that time ago. Ignore any further requests from Windows to restart your PC. The Creative application should prompt you to format the drive. Just press START. Wait until it says it is complete. Then close the application

* Your device should now be fixed and you can start using it again

Username: Scraps

when a run the sw - MuVoTXFM_PCFW_LF_1_19_01, they say: "put device in recovery mode before running firmware update".
as I make, it is that I do not know for in this way

Username: Creativeguy

Philadelphia, PA United States

Post Number: 6
http://www.cg-tg.com/tutorials/mreset/index.html

Go here to solve all of these problems ...

Username: Elgute

Hi. I had the same problem, and I think I found a solution. Download this file: MuVoTX_PCFW_LB_1_10_05.exe (google it)
Then, connect the muvo, and run the program. It should detect it, and when that happens, select "format...", and push start ONCE. It won't start till 5 secs or so, but you have to let it take the time.
I was mad about this and I tried every single way to fix it, and this one worked.
Hope it works for you...

Username: Sisnabob

Hi,

My Muvo TX Fm won't turn on. It all started when I turned it on a few weeks ago. The Muvo played music for a few seconds and then I heard a buzzing and it turned off. A few days later it wouldn't even turn on. I have tried downloading the firmware and reformating it(FAT)a few times. After that the Muvo turned on for a few seconds and once again it turned off. Today it wouldnt even turn on and I am back to square 1. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Desperate to fix Muvo Tx Fm

Username: Chibi

I have a problem with my MoVo, I have NOT dropped it, banged it, or done anything to it, but anytime I pull out my headphones to ANY MP3 player or switch them with other headphones, it manages to screw it up badly. For two days at least, my left ear headphone sound was gone and I had to push the plug it hard just to get it to work, now I doesn't even play because I pulled it out quite aggresivly. I must have send a shock today, but my dad has bought at least 4 MP3 players and they don't last long before I screw them up. So do any of you know what happened?

Username: Eagle_eye

I can't format my player.When I try it in DOS window,it shows an error,something with function I0CTR.I wanted to upgrade the firmware,but it stops on Allocating table and then it shows error(...semaphore).Can you help me?I tryed USB 2.0,but it's the same...

Username: Panayot

OMG, Alex B, YOU'RE A LIFE-SAVER...

i used your "guide" to fix and update my N200...ofcourse i had to do it my way 'cause mine's the NA version, so i needed the NA driver and firmware...so anyway, IF anyone still has troubles with theirs...follow Alex B's guide - HOWEVER, download the right software!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL...

p.s. I like my MuVo...:-)

Username: Eagle_eye

HI!!!
I have a very big problem with my MuVo TX 256MB...I wanted to upgrade firmware,so I download it and then I run it.But some error was occured and the player's current version of firmware is 0.00.00 .So i want to format it and try it again.I have driver MStorage_PCDRV_LB_1_07_00_250.But I can't format it.When i try it from My Computer(and right-click on removable disk),no window is showed.When I run firmware.exe and click start,it stop on allocating table,and then I get error "The semaphore timeout period has expired".And now I don't know what to do...I tried to do it as Alex B said,but when I run firmware.exe,I get an error "The device is not connected to USB port".Please help me!!!!!!!!!I need to format my player!

PS:I know I have bad english

Username: Martoniki

I have a certain solution for "file system error" on Creative Muvo TX FM .
First download firmware upgrage file MuVoTXFM_PCFW_LF_1_19_01.exe.
http://tr.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp?MainCategory=213&sOSName=W indows+XP&region=2&Product_Name=MuVo+TX+FM&Product_ID=9771&modelnumber=&driverla ng=1033&OS=10&drivertype=0&x=46&y=14

After follow these steps.
5.step is important...

1-Download the MuVoTXFM_PCFW_LF_1_19_01.exe file into your local hard disk.
2-Connect your player to your computer.
3-Double-click the firmware upgrade file.
4-When prompted to set your player in Recovery mode, disconnect your player from your computer.
5-Press and hold the Play button while connecting your player to your computer's USB port.
6-Continue to hold the Play button for about ten seconds after connecting your player to your computer.
7-Release the Play button when the Find New Hardware dialog box appears on the computer screen.
8-Follow the instructions on the screen to install recovery drivers for your player.
9-Double-click the firmware upgrade file and follow the instructions on the screen.

martoniki@hotmail.com

Username: Alterego

For more info on Firmware problems and errors visit following site:

http://www.localize-it.narod.ru

There is a lot of info with screenshots etc. Enjoy

Username: Saqif

i used my muvo for 5 months
now when I start it, it shows the message 'loading....' and then it shuts down by iself...ne body please provide the details of what i shud do?

However my computer reads it well enough, i can put files... but when i turn the player on it shuts down by itself!

ne1 with solutions please post!

Username: Trrao

Navsari, Gujarat India

The Creative website has posted a new firmware version of the Creative Muvo TX FM (MuVoTXFM_PCFW_LF_1_22_03). Those players which are completely dead can be revived easily with version. Connect the player to USB port and double click the firmware, it will detect the player after some time. Check the Format box and let it upgrade the firmware. Load the music files. The player will be as good as new.

Username: Spitfire_grill

i have have upgraded my Muvo TXFM with the latest firmware (MuVoTXFM_PCFW_LF_1_22_03) but it created a problem. my player automatically shuts down after a few minutes. i re-flash it with MuVoTXFM_PCFW_LF_1_19_0 and it worked..

one thing i have proven.. do not update the firmware of your Muvo if it's working properly.. it's what happened to me, i guess.. :-)

thanks to those who posted solutions. it really helped a lot.. You rock!!

Username: Olicollins

Portsmouth, Hampshire England

Hey there all.
I had the problem of "File System Error" coming up on my screen. I downloaded the firmware and everything was sorted. I started listening to my Muvo TX and decided to turn the volume up. When i pressed the + button on the side to do so, the mp3 decided to turn itself off.

Please help me if you can, anyone...

Thanks
Oli Collins

Username: 01189998819991197253

PatijndorpNetherlands

Recovery Mode success story: I have an aging MuVo^2 512MB player (the yellow one, I'm a sucker for yellow...). Although I duly unmount the drive after writing to it (no need to do that after just charging or reading) from my win2k PoS I had garbled music after uploading some large mixes. I formatted it from Windoze and that brought up error messages. After disconnecting the player (it wouldn't even eject anymore!) the little screen advised me to run "ScanDisk". Like I have win98! But removing the battery brought up recovery mode. I selected "Format ALL" and this brought back the player with "NO MUSIC". After re-uploading the tracks I got the "ScanDisk" message again. Turned out that I had unmounted the player and it hadn't noticed! This had never happened before. To make a long story even longer I did the format thing again, reconnected, re-re-uploaded the mixes, unmounted, waited a minute and all was fine. Tracks play true again. Phew!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us