Digi cams out???

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 25215
With the high rez cams on phones who needs them anymore?

Yeah wrong section......................sue me.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23787
LOL Paul.

I'm shopping for some ATV's. I want to get the utility type ATV's.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 17087

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23788
LOL Rovin. That is some funny stuff. LOL.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25218
Reminds me of being woken up one morning by the UPS guy who was delivering my ex-wife's engagement ring. I heard the knock and immediately knew who it was and ran down the steps to intercept. I ran down the steps and fell, falling almost 6 steps on my tailbone. I have no idea how I didn't break it if I did at all. The dude delivering the ring was like "Man, do you feel ok?"

Lesson learned? NEVER have an engagement ring delivered to the house you both live in!

Better yet, do it the old fashioned way. Court the woman, fall in love, get acquainted with her family, ask for permission, marry her, then spend eternity with her.

Does that even happen today??????????

God I miss the 50's.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25219
Sh1t I need to stop adding crap to my posts that is irrelevant to the thread lol.

Rock on Chad!!!!!

I always wanted a dirt bike myself. Felt it suited my nature.

Wish I had the $$ to buy one. Been riding street bikes since I was 16. That's 24 years on 2 wheels. I know it and love it.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23789
LOL Paul.

I want to get a rifle too. Damn I am turning in to a redneck after I got a truck. LOL.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17088
a redneck korean ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23790
Yeah Rovin. Like Jimmy Wang Yang from WWE. LOL.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25222
The city life can and will drive you to want the ability to do what so many million others do everyday.

Burn a fire in your backyard, build a shed without a permit, even store an extra vehicle. All of which are subject to local codes from the township that require proper permits and fees. They don't really care about any safety issues but the fees are nice.

Down South I dream of being able to cut any trees down I want, store whatever I want on my property, dig a pond if I want to and burn my leaves to boot!

In Jersey it would take about $400 in permits, 6 months in administrative lag, and have an inspector hold his hand out in order to pass inspection for a back porch.

This state sucks. They bleed you dry any way they can.

You wanna put in a new mailbox? That requires digging a hole. THAT means a permit. It's that crazy here.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17089

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 2084
Yea but Jersey has it's ups also. Communities are not bad, houses are dirt cheap (compared to NY), and taxes are not too bad in some areas.

I actually think I'm moving to Jersey within a year Paul. Northern Jersey though - wanna stay close to NY.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25227
My folks are moving this coming year down to GA to be closer to my brother. They are looking at properties that have 3+ acres, 4 bedrooms and wrap around porches for less than 100K. A home my size I could get for 60K. Taxes are 1/4 what they are here. My $1200/month mortgage payment up here in Jersey would be $600 down South, including all taxes and insurance.

I've lived in Jersey the past 25 years of my life and I tell you no other state is as hard to live in than this one. The corrupt politicians and their affect on our taxes is criminal. Every year taxes go up and I seem to always see another reason for my home to be reassessed. They even measure flower beds and the size of your bushes to determine home value. Any reason whatsoever to increase it is analyzed and documented. When the assessor saw my new rear deck his eyes lit up like the fourth of July.

And per square foot prices Jersey is one of the worst. North Jersey like you speak of Skullz is appalling in home "values". Seriously a two bedroom townhome in NJ just West of NY city can fetch $300K+. Nice single family home with some room? $500K+.

When I can have a 3 acre ranch with more home than 5 ppl need for less than half that? So it takes a 15 minute drive to get to the mall. Big deal. I was never a city person so the life is like cancer to me.

Also, to me a community doesn't consist of an association. My sis in VA lives in one. Nice house. Rich neighbors and money everywhere. Nice huh? Not when you consider that they can't even put a shed up because it violates their association agreement. Wanna plant a tree? No dice. You also can't cut your own grass. Why? Because in your contract you must agree to pay the association to sub-contract all yard work out to a landscaper on their list. Wanna use the clubhouse pool because you're not allowed to install one for yourself? It's a $1000/year pool access fee. This isn't living to me. It's being held ransom.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17090
december here we come ......

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4467
No posts in almost 2 weeks!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17094
yep its like im talkin to myself like a crazy person ......

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25249
Shopping almost done. I'd say about a 50/50 online/retail shopping split. Now I sit back and wait for all the little boxes to arrive.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17095
cool

thats the way its being done alot nowadays

when they had black friday sale ppl from my country too took advantage of it to get their gift shopping done ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25251
Well in the states the BIG retailers still utilize the black Friday deals just to capitalize on the bait and switch tactic. Means those 4 hours waiting in line or sleeping in a tent to get that tv at a good price will most likely be in vain.

They love dat chit.

As long as you're in line or at the store they've won already.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17097
there were some deals to be had though

only thing i bought was MK for ps3 , normal price is $50 & i got it for $30 so i jumped on that

bought a ps3 BT headset too but it was still on regular price

waiting for my bro to ship\send both to me ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25261
I picked up a 4th gen Ipod touch, new dewalt cordless drill and some work boots for myself.

I like my toys lol. My kids will be stacked this year too.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17098
dewalt did indeed have a great 1\2 price sale on their cordless drill & it really tempted me but i already got 4 drills & cordless screw driver too

yep im a tool guy too & i have most major p\tools ...

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4474
This forum is sooo slow it sucks... I miss the good old days

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17099
we all do ......

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25263
yup I miss the good ole days too. Where the hell is Muddy and James?

Eh, I don't hold it against them. Life moves on.

Speaking of tools I feel the same way Rovin. Even though I don't use them every day like I used to I still find myself buying them like I do. I guess it's kinda like a Zen thing lol. Tools make me feel happy.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17100
its what makes us men

ever looked at norm abrams new yankee workshop on PBS , his shop is sa-weet ! thats the kind we all wud want to own ....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25264
Well there's a difference there. See his tools are acquired through donations by companies looking for free advertising. Kinda makes me mad that he has a $500 tool just for mortising that us normal people have to do the hard way. Not taking anything away from Norm cause he's paid his woodworking dues but it must be nice getting new tools free of charge all the time.

Like famous basketball players who make millions of $$ get truckload after truckload of free sneakers sent to them. THEY are the ones who can afford them but instead get 20 free pairs/month. And it's not like Shaq can give his away to charity. How many have his size feet??!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17101
well thats a whole other story

none the less 21 yrs at it is a great deed ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25266
Just bought myself a new 40" 1080p LCD HDTV off Amazon for $300 shipped. For the living room. (Don't watch tv there, only my kids do).

Thought it was a great deal. They will LOVE it!

When I replace my big screen in the gameroom it will be a 52" or larger flat screen. Just haven't justified that leap to myself yet.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17102
what model did u get ?

just saw u posted about it on fb , kids & even urself too will love it

think its 2 or 3yrs ago when i bought my sony flat screen 40" lcd - upgraded from a 27" sharp crt so back then that was a huge step up indeed

nowadays that size sells for about 60% of what mine cost back then , just a few yrs prior to buying mine they cost about 40-50% more than what i paid so as technology & sales of flat screen increase : the prices do go down ....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25267
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UETB20

It's not a top of the line model but I don't care. It's for the living room which I don't use. it's for the kids when they watch toons. About 10/hrs a week? Wasn't looking for a top shelf tv so it fits the bill.

Like I said when I go to replace the gameroom tv it will be a 50" or bigger, mounted on the wall. Not making that jump yet.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25268
To make it easier.

http://http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004UETB20

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17103
never heard of the brand but for $300 & a 2yr warranty : that'll do for the kiddies lol ....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25269
Yup. That's what I thought too. Free shipping to boot. Even if I get only 2 years out of it I'm a winner.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25271
Selling the 27" RCA TV in my living room for $30. I think that's great deal lol. Yet, I feel I'll see many low ballers lol. That's life on CL.

http://http://southjersey.craigslist.org/ele/2770182365.html

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17104
i remember my bro telling me a while back that ppl give away crt tvs when they upgrade to flat screens since almost everybody is upgrading too , he said ppl leave these on side walks or in front their houses for anybody who wants it free

i remember how great we felt about 10yrs ago when we bought our 27" crt sharp since we had a little 20" b4 , now ppl see a 27" crt & go "phffft" since its practically not worth anything much anymore

u can almost never see a crt in stores again

now flat screens have gone to 108" wide - wtf , im sure they gonna get even bigger too .....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25272
Well I can't find find a tube tv in stores here anywhere. They're obsolete. Yet, still, it works and the picture is good. It would be like throwing away that fridge JUST because it wasn't the latest model. SOMEONE somewhere needs it, no? Clothing, appliances, ect. I'd hate to see anyone deem something worthless because you wouldn't see today's teenagers using it.

Even if I put it to the curb someone will pick it up and try to sell it themselves. I'd just like to find a good home for it.

Like when I remodeled my kitchen. I replaced all of my table top appliances. Microwave, coffee maker, can opener, toaster oven, ect. Well they all worked fine, I just wanted new ones. Sure enough when I offered them for free to the guys who work in the shop at my facility they snatched them up like golden biscuits. The shop is filled with migrant workers who couldn't care less about the trendy nature of products, just that they work! So that was a good solution, maybe one I'll try again.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17108
hence the saying : one's man trash is another man's treasure ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25273
Yeah I'll probably give it away then. No sense in trying to make $$ on a charitable item.

New tv arrived today. Amazing shipping. Had the day off work so I was home anyway. I was a tad disappointed that they left it on the front porch. It could have been a $2000 tv instead of a $300 one but still. Porch pirates are everywhere looking for a "freebie". Fortunately I live in a decent neighborhood.

Anyway, NICE picture quality, even off a sat signal. Took about 10 minutes to assemble the base and channel scan and BAM, I was up and running. I still can't believe I got a 40" HD 1080p LCD tv for $299 shipped. I feel like I hit the lottery lol. Then again in 5 years you'll probably get the same tv for $100. My new portable DVD player arrive too. 9" model by Phillips for $70 shipped. I burned my last one out with the kids. It was 5 years old anyway.

All for now guys!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17110
thats cool man , it seems the norm to just drop off stuff on ppl's front porch

i havent used my dvd player in about 2yrs or more , since i got high speed net i d\l movies & watch them on my tv via a hdmi cable from my laptop so no need to even burn discs again , tv has usb on it so its supposed to play from a flashdrive too , never tried it since its so much easier to just use the hdmi cable directly

if ur pc\laptop has hdmi get a hdmi cable & try it ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25274
Looks like Partsexpress is looking to move some speakers. In their latest flyer they have a bunch of $5 woofers. Even a 10" model. Maybe not for car audio but still, a $5 woofer is still fun to play with lol. They have some cheap mids and tweets too. Good opportunity for the budget home speaker builder to stock up on some drivers.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25276
Happy new year guys. Last day off work tomorrow. Looking to de-christmas the house and relax. Looking forward to a better and prosperous year. Hoping the economy turns around and we ALL get back what we've lost since 2008. There's a LOT of ground to get back.

I did take advantage of PE's sale. Bought 16 speakers and also picked up 10 terminals. At $.29/ea they are budget disposable units so it's all good. For haha's I might look into making a pair of monster HT speaks. I'll build some nice enclosures from pine and drop in a pair of 8" woofers, a midrange and a tweeter in each enclosure. I'm thinking narrow towers about 5' tall. Ported design with stain and poly finished. Should look badass and not too expensive with only about $20 in drivers for the pair! Can't beat that lol. A configuration like these, only stained a dark cherry. I estimate total cost at around $50? For a 120w HT tower set of speaks???? What a bargain!!

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17113
all the best to u & everybody else here as well

i checked out those $5 10" speakers , magnet seems to be small as those found on 6.5" speakers , hope they dont disappoint u & sound decent

its gonna be a very peaceful 1st few wks in 2012 as its always been at the beginning of every yr

last wk i saw that sears is going to close over 100 stores to bad xmas sales & economy turn around they had hoped for didnt happen , that is just 1 chain so im guess that even more ppl are gonna be unemployed & things are not looking too promising for yall & probably every other country too

all we can do is hope things improve ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25277
Yup I read about sears and all their troubles. My mother works for them and is about to retire thank god. My brother in law works for them as well and they both hold stock so it's taking a toll for sure. Sears and Kmart are closing stores and all that does is dump more ppl out into the pool of the unemployed. Seems like everyone's answer is to lay ppl off or close up for good. Even colleges are hurting because enrollments have been cut in half.

1. Nobody wants to go into debt in this economy with a college loan.
2. Kids are frustrated because a college degree doesn't mean a job anyway.
3. There are too many college degrees with experience out of work already. Who would you hire? The newbie graduate or the guy with the degree AND 10 years experience?

Rovin, Those subs only have a 40w rating which makes them indoor stereo speakers anyway. I figure (2) 40w subs, a mid and a tweet should handle 100w with ease. Wiring may be tricky and I might look into a crossover as well. All in all it's not much of an investment.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17114
hey for 5 bucks who can complain

1st working day for the year & i dunno if i didnt hear my alarm but i overslept by almost ah hr - luckily im self employed ....

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15893
Happy New Year ya bastiches

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25280
Holy crap! Me thinks me sees a ghost!

Glad you're back man!!!!!

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 17184
well heres another ghost. Whats up guys?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25281
What a way to start the new year lol. How's everyone been?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 17185
Good ive been off my diet for a while eating at maintenance and making awesome gains in the gym. Im benching 235 for 1 at 146 pounds. Im also benching my body weight 19 times. How bout you how you been?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17119
berny WTF where u been dude , u probably been gone about 2-3yrs

good to see u back too sean ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25282
Nice Sean. I know you're no spring chicken so those are some impressive numbers. Said it before but it still holds true:

Bench your weight and you're considered average.
Bench your weight 10 times and you're considered strong.
Bench twice your weight and you're considered exceptionally strong.
Bench twice your weight 10 times and you're asked to perform at parties.

Work has been extremely stressful for me. So much I've been looking elsewhere. Nothing out there so I'm kinda spinning my wheels. I want out of my job in the WORST way. I take work home during the week and also weekends. I've lost my homelife and it's killing me inside. No way to live but in today's economy what can you do?

And Berny, weren't you overseas in the service? Did Obama's last move help bring you home?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15894
I am back home after a lot of back to back deployments and the usual round of BS. As far as the CIC...I received a nice piece of paper that contains his actual signature. I decided to hang up the beret and quit jumping out of planes and helicopters. Holy crap...I don't know what to do with myself! Now waiting on what the VA has to say about some service connected disabilities.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25283
Disabilities? Aw no. What happened?

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16746
Berny...just in case ya don't about...

DAV (Disabled American Veterans) organization is great, join it, its worth every penny....lifetime membership was best thing I ever did... great org that helps those in need and will help ya immensely... within the DAV there is a NSO (National Service Officer), this guy has been schooled and trained on the VA system and bureacrocies, and how to deal with service connected disabilities...He actually is NOT a "volunteer" but a paid employee who can help you in more ways than U can ever repay back..

after many years in the military, and a paltry 10% VA compensation disability, I fought for 8 years with help from various organizations to have my case appealed, reviewed and reconsidered which ended up with no changes....after switching to the DAV and their NSO, within 1 year with their efforts and another appeal, I was granted 100%, and a 9 year retro check...PTSD is a bi*tch..but the DAV NSO will ensure that U are treated right and fairly compensated for any and all illnesses or injuries occurred while in the military....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15895
PL...Nothing mindblowing in my case. just the usual aches and pains from all the activity that we all did. Bum knee, bad back, hand/wrist, a little neck thing going on...some sort of mental issues (we've established I'm kinda nuts... :P)

LK...Thanks for that. You know this retirement brief that we go through is just that..."brief". There is so much information to digest and follow, it is nice to have a reminder from fellow vets on what else I need to know and do.

Right now...I am just trying to enjoy retirement...until boredom settles in. Gonna have to find a real job now...damn!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15896
...and Rovin...you still doing the arcade thing and the speaker builds in Trinidad and Tobago?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17120
wow berny u remember that clearly

i stopped building sub boxes for ppl since may 2010 because i didnt have the time & didnt want to spend my sundays doing that too

it slipped my mind to tell u guys that last mth on my b\d dec 6th i opened up a car audio retail store !

did the arcade thing for 10 yrs (24th of this mth wud have made 11yrs) & for the past 5yrs i been selling car audio as a sideline through advertising on a local car audio forum in my country , i decided to get rid of the arcade business & go into something i always wanted to do , even b4 i opened the arcade i wanted this business but didnt have any $ at the time to do it , my supplier helped me with some stocks & time to pay for it

its only been a mth since it opened & xmas sales wasnt exactly spectacular but its expected since its brand new business so it will take a while for ppl have to know ur store exists & beginning of the yr is always a slow period no matter what type of business it is

im confident that in a few mths time ppl will know the store is here & business will be good ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25284
Well good luck with winding down. I know you've put in more than your standard issue amount of time and it can take its' toll on anyone. Some sh1t you take forever and some sh1t takes you.

Also good luck with keeping busy. You can find the "busy work" jobs but ones that pay the bills are getting as hard to find as NOT seeing a Kardashian in the media.

I consider myself middle aged now and find myself at a "profession crossroad". I have 25 years experience in a field that's about dead. No time or $$ to get trained in another field and we're all just waiting for our facility to close up shop. Most of our competition has and it's a sad game of waiting it out.

You're probably fortunate enough Berny to have a broad range of experience and contacts through the service to land yourself a job almost anywhere. You'll be fine.

I truly feel sorry for those who only ever did One thing. Seamstress, mason, barber, ect. Imagine working for 30+ years and out of no fault of your own feeling worthless to society because of the economy. Makes me wonder what my kids will do to earn a living and raise their families.

Whatever it will be I'm sure it will involve their Iphones!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17123
hmmm nobody's postin again ....

Upload

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25296
Speaking of photography, how about Kodak?? The digital world has finally won its' battle over film. At least has begun to. I wonder how long it will take before all media is recorded digitally?

I remember my first digi cam. 3 mega pixels. Lol. My sis had a 10 and it was seen as the caddilac of all cams at the time.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17125
3 u say , ur ballin , ours was state of the art at the time 1mp - yep i typed 1

now im seeing iphones coming with a incredible 8mp camera ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25297
Yup 3 mp. Funny, it's the same camera Wolfman stiffed me on!

Even funnier, in the eye of the beholder, is the fact that in the process of using the camera for a video he broke it by dropping it.

So we were BOTH out lol.

Well, sorta.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25298
In a sense though he lost more than me. He will NEVER get his rep back over a simple failed payment transaction. His name as "Wolfman" has been tarnished across the web because of it. They all know him as the guy who stiffed Paul on Ecoustics.

In this world your word is bond.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15980
I remember the "wolfman"...geez, that was something else.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25299
Watching the state of the union address. What a salesman he is!

Oh well. Saw this on facebook and thought I'd share.

Upload

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25300
Lol.

Looks like Brad found the same pic as well and posted it in the OT area.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15993
Awesome! I gotta post some aerial pics taken during a flight that I am offically not, on to a place that I offcially did not go. Taken with a 6 mp cam. Pretty nice.

Crap..i forgot how to post pics

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25302
As long as they are smaller than 600 x 600 pixels it's easy. If not they need to be resized. This site spends all it's $$ on ad space and what revenue it brings its' owner and not user friendly functions/features.

We're in the dark ages here as members ya know.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15994
Agreed, I thought the format would have changed by now.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25304
Rovin. Check this guy out and his portable workbench. I think he has a great idea.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17127
i was looking at that exact video last wk - it looks alright though there are other guys on youtube saying their's is the ultimate too

when im really bored i look at wood working vids on youtube - its some nice stuff to check out ....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16026
Let's see if this pic works

Upload

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25305
WOW. Edge of heaven right there.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16027
There is nothing more breathtaking than being so high up you can see the curvature of the earth. This was taken by a friend of mine way up doing some observation and weather monitoring.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2679
Looks like it was taken from a U2.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16028
You know your airframes!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17128
awesome shot ....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16029
6mp camera. The curvature of the horizon is exaggerated because of the lens.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17129
this makes 80 posts so time for a new thread ...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us