Sony cybershot memory stick issue

Username: Sinz78

Post Number: 1
I have a Cybershot DSC-W320 and its not reading my 4gb sony memory stick.

Username: Jim1987

Post Number: 10
I think its some problem of your hardware.You should go to near service center as soon as possible.

Username: Tchkids13

I have a Sony Cybershot and my 4GB memory stick is telling me that it's full after only taking 210 images. Is there a way to fix the resolution on my images to fix this?

Username: Deepakkalra

MY SONY CYBERSHOT DISPLAYS MEMORY CARD LOCKED ON SWITCHING IT ON AND WE CANT CAPTURE ANY PIC ......BUT WHEN WE OPEN THE SAME CARD IN LAPTOP IT DISPLAYS ALL IMAGES...DONT KNOW WHAT THE MATTER KINDLY ASSIST...}

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 16421
Welcome to eCoustics deepak kalra!

Save your picture in your PC then format it and try again!

Be sure that there is no dust in the slot!

Silver Member
Username: Djsmith

Post Number: 353
change the settings for you pix.

menu....image size.
L:10m Large
M:5.6m Medium
S:2.5m Small

A 4 gb stick is the equivelent of a DVD

Silver Member
Username: Djsmith

Post Number: 354
Deepak.. what plymouth said is good advice .... CUT AND PASTE the pix on your computer or an extural drive to save them.
First see if that fixes things. NEVER save pix such as Jpg s on a DVD or CD. After 2 yrs they are very poor and in most cases you can't read them. It's best to save them on a hard drive.

using the computers format settings ( go to my computer and right click the mouse on the drive you want to format) might say removable dick D: or whatever.... push quick format.

Note ....if something were to go wrong you can get those pictures back using some form of resque or recover Data software. so no need to worry if something goes wrong and you lose all your pictures.

I also use a Sony and have reformated the stick many times , the camera will notice it after reformating.

I would also change the settings in image size as well( get more pictures on one stick that way.) unless you want really high quality then keep it set at 10.2 mega pixels

Username: Tlaflamme

i have a sony cyber shot and everytime i turn it on it says "re-insert the memory stick". its the same memory stick i have been using ad it worked fine before. any suggestions??

Bronze Member
Username: Kevinwhite

Post Number: 16
Sorry to hear that. I have a similar camera that is Sony DSC W350, if your camera is a new-buying one, just go to the Sony after survice center to require a reasonable explaination.

Username: Anonnnn

Hi,
I have a DSC-P200 camera and I recently bought an MS-HX32B card because the description said said it was compatible with cybershot.
The card turns out to be physically about half the length of the old 256MB card that came with the camera so won't slot in properly. How can I fix this?
Any help much appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us