Problem with "RAW + BASIC" quality in Nikon D70s

Username: Parampara

Post Number: 1
Hi,
I have a problem with my Nikon D70s. When I set picture quality for "RAW+Basic", it should take two pictures - one NEF and one basic JPG. However, when I transfer pictures to my computer, there are two identical basic JPG pictures. RAW picture seems to transform itself into a JPG duplicate, and its name is e.g. DSCN1234 ( 2 ). At first I thought it's the card problem, so I changed it for a new one. For some time it worked, I had my RAW pictures transferred normally. But here it happens again. Does anyone have any idea what's the reason?

I don't know if it helps, but while using yet another card I had a problem like this: I took pictures, they were visible on a camera screen, and when I turned the camera off and on again, they disappeared. It was like no pictures were taken. So I repeated the action, and the pictures still didn't show up after turning it on again. So I changed cards and this RAW problem appears. Now I changed a card for yet another one and the problem reappeared after a week. Do you think it's a card problem? Or maybe a camera caught some virus?

Thanks very much for your help.

Username: Parampara

Post Number: 2
So here I bought a new card again, and after a week the camera suddenly stopped recording NEF format again. Plus, next day the camera stopped taking pictures at all. A [CHA] appeared on the screen and the shutter button just wouldn't press properly. Now I use yet another card, but it's hard for me to believe I have such a bad luck when it comes to cards. It must be something with the camera - please help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us