Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 21279
And here we are.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1282
To answer your question Paul...its not hard at all. Its very simple...the only downside is that you never know when tv will be down.

All you need is a dish and a sat receiver. You may already have a dish mounted on your roof. If you do, is it from dish network or directv? If its dish net, then your in business All you will need is to get a box and a stable internet connection. An internet connection wasn't required before but is now. As long as you have those, then your in business. Programmig the box is a piece of cake. If your interested, let me know. Ive been doing this for several years now.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21618
Well I have dierct tv. I switched a few years back because of the horrible reception I got with Dish. Also because they wanted to charge me $100 to have someone tighten a bolt when the wind blew my dish out of alignment one day. D-bags.

Of course I have a dish on my roof and receivers. You know, I still have my old Dish network receivers from back when I switched. One of them isn't working right but I have two. How does the internet play a roll in this now? How does it get connected into all this?

I had to recently change my channel lineup because it was getting too expensive and I get d1ck now. I can't even watch Monday night football because ESPN has it and it's not one of my channels.

Can I still use my old DN receivers somehow?

Show me the way brother!

P.S. What's the chance in getting caught and what are the penalties, if any? I know millions are doing it every day but if it's connected to the net can't it be tracked somehow?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21619
And as far as TV being down, shoot, can't I use both systems and when one goes down use the one I'm paying for? Or does the whole system have to be set up for one or the other?

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1283
Its very easy.

First thing we have to start with is the dish. What DN dish do you have? It usually has a number on the big circle

plate (ex. dish 500, dish 1000 etc..). Then we have to look at your LNB (those small circles that looks like eyes).

What type of LNB do you have? (ex: DisPro, DishPro Plus). Once we figure that out, we must figure out where that

dish is pointing to - what signals exactly. The most common DN usually hooks up is for 110 (aka echo* 8.10) and 119

(aka echo*7). I will assume you have this setup (if you don't we will figure something out).

Now we have to get a receiver. Your old receivers cannot work anymore. Back in the days we were able to program

their cards to get it to work but I highly doubt that option will be available to us anytime soon again.

Unfortunately you will have to purchase a new receiver. If your looking for just regular standard channels, you can

get a new receiver for around $200 which will get you all SD quality channels. If you have a big HDTV and want the

HD channels, the receiver costs around $400. (HD channels require a separate signal, again, I don't know what dish

you have up there)

Now for the internet - you need it to connect to a server which basically 'opens' up the channels for you. Just like

sub-sharing. This wasn't the case before, there used to be a cardless fix before so no need to share. It may take

quite some time for this feature to come back. But who knows anything?

I've been doing this for several years...and havn't come across anything. For net securities, you can connect thru a

proxy which would be the biggest security measure for this. I've also read that these servers are not placed at one

location but throughout the world.

Unfortunately you do have to spend a little money in the beginning (receiver and dishes), but IMO it pays itself back in a month or so. If you want, take a pic of the dish if it makes it easier.

Lemme know if you got other questions

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1284
sorry...dunno why my post came out that way

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1285
yes, you can surely use ur directv dish and your DN dish at the same time. DN will be diff box and DTV will be another box. Thats what I have at home also. If its down, atleast I have something to watch.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21620
Well I no longer have a DN dish, only the direct tv one. Naturally when you switch they dismantle your old setup and throw the competitor's equipment on to the trash. After all they don't want the free advertising sitting next to theirs.

So all I have is Direct tv's dish and their receivers. Sounds like I need everything. The receiver shouldn't be a problem but where do you buy a DN dish?

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1286
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/ele/1470074770.html
thats one from craiglist i found...i know ur in jersey so thats gonna be a bit far from you. But this is what you would need and you can find them easily in that price range. Once you get that dish, its best to get someone to align it for you.

Or you can do what i did.

Call up DN...tell them you want service. Make sure ou say you want no contract and just want locals or a small package that is available for the signals you need. (Basic package is like $20 or something). They send somebody and install the dishes for free. Since you don't have a contract with them, they tell you that you have to lease their equipment (pretty much the box) which is like 7 bucks. Once all is installed, cancel service and send the back their own receiver and plug in your new one. They don't make you send in the dish thats installed. Only their receiver.

Yes, it sounds like a hassle but again, it really pays itself off...........and you can always brag to your friends about how many channels you got lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21621
They won't question or remove the DT dish up there?

Also, how come I can't use DT's equipment? Is EVERYONE who is getting free sat tv using DN gear?

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1287
DN should have no right to touch the other equipment. But if anything, I would tell them that your still using DTV.

Not all, but I would be safe to say about 90% of ppl are using the DN dish. If you decide to use a DTV dish, you will have to change the LNB. I personally never used one so don't know how compatible it is etc...

Again, this has its ups and downs.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21622
I swear it pizzes me off to no end with just about any large company today. I was paying $80+/month for like 120 channels. Most of which are shopping channels and crap I don't want. So I wised up and slashed my channel package down to the bare minimum, locals and few others for the kids. Outside of football I just don't watch tv anymore. Then, I guess in their grand wisdom, they raised my rates anyway. I also noticed on my bill that I was being charged $2/month for a magazine I never wanted or even got. Plus there is a $5/month per receiver service fee. Yet when I had a problem with my receiver in my gameroom and needed a replacement they told me I had to BUY another one because I owned the equipment. I asked them what the @#!$ fee each month was for then? I got nowhere. Fast. I sat and stewed on how much they've overcharged me over the past 4 years and pretty much had a meltdown lol. $12/month on bogus charges X 12 months X 4 years............

Same thing with my phone. I pretty much use my cell for ANY long distance/toll charge calls I make. When I forget and use my line line I get raped. They don't assess all those insane federal and local surcharge taxes until you actually use the phone. They always charge me the $8/minimum or something like that but I'm ok with that. Say I make a 4 minute call to my bro in Georgia. THAT month my bill jumps up $20 because they can now assess all those $#!@#! fees. Like $2.56 in toll charges and $18 in surcharge fees. You can't win.

That's what you get when you don't look at your bills before you blindly pay them.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1288
o yea....DN was charging me a few bucks just because I didn't have a phone line connected to the receiver....could u fakin beleive how pathetic that sounded when the CSR told me this over the phone...i told them i don't have a land line...jus a cell phone and they had to get mgr's approva to remove that fee.

Whoever is making these rules gotta be shot....and much worse is the fact that they get so many ppl wit this type of sh!t and the customers don't even know.

So now I'm just getting even at them LOL

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21633
Holy crap peeps. Over a week and no posty??

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15668
.... Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12887
Im still here.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 2333
:-O:-O:-O

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21642

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15684
well at least some1 is posting here ....

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12889
Im starting a new diet wish me luck guys

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15695
how much u want to lose

right now i need to put on some since sometimes i eat breakfast & lunch later than i shud - gotta start eating more on time from now ...

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4226
hello

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15699
sup ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21646
Cut out soda, replace with water. Eat smaller meals but more frequently throughout the day. Never eat right before bed and STAW AWAY FROM McDONALDS!

^^^I break just about every one of those rules lol.

I see Jesse has made it back in the building.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4235
wErd up G!

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4236
Hey Paul, man, I was at Harbor Freight last week looking for a drill set and thought of you. haha

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21647
Love the place. Just don't go there looking for 20 year tools. Great place for shop supplies though. I have one about 30 minutes from me. I got my drill press there a few years back. Works like a champ!

Hey man how ya been?

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4240
I been ok man. Lots of sh!t going on in my life. How have you been?

I hear ya bout harbor freight. I just needed a cheap cordless drill and picked up one for $15. It got the job done.

You still selling stuff like that? I know you got the knife thing going on.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15702
sup man - its been a while

15 bux is cheap - which model is that ?

my bro bought this on my behalf last wk friday ..

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=37894-79992-PC218C -2&lpage=none

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4242
It is a drill master. Its a Harbor Freight brand. It was 25% off...so $5 off.

That linky no workey.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12904
No particular weight right now. Im just going to see what i can loose in a month. Hey Jesse.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15704
well its this 1 :

http://www.deltaportercable.com/products/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=20724 .....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15705
$89 btw ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15714
Upload ...to me !

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12905
Happy b day Rovin. Well its been since friday dec 4th and ive lost 5.6 pounds which at this point is mostly water weight. I started at 183 lbs and am down to 177.4. Im trying a diet that Rob recommended and the water weight should stop around 10 to 15 pounds after that the fat should be whats coming off. Its going to be a challenge to do this right into Christmas but if you want the results you got to have the will power.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9488
Happy belated birthday Rovin. Sean is going to have all the ladies chasing him by Spring :-) Heck, some of the boys too!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21655
HAPPY B-DAY ROVIN!!!

Sean. Yeah that's what always comes off first. Same thing when you're sick. It comes out from all ends lol. I remember getting food poisoning on my honeymoon up in the Pocono mountains. I was losing 5 lbs/day! Doctor said that's normal and to replace it asap so I don't get dehydrated.

Jesse. Their power tools are worth what they charge. With their cordless drills the weak point are their batteries. You can't let them go too long without charging or they'll flat out die on ya. Not like a $300 Dewalt or Makita where they have a 1 year shelf life. The drills themselves are fantastic, you just can't forget about the batteries. I go there mainly to stock up on sandpaper, shop towels, some hand tools, ect.

Been trying to keep busy since I got laid off in August. The tent rental gig is up for the season and I also rent out bounce houses for kids' parties. That too is shelfed until spring. Still do the knives though on Ebay and on my site. With the recession though I can't give anything away it seems.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15717
well better late than never so thanks guys ...

had some chores to do during d day yesterday so at night i went out with 2 buddies & had some pizza & then played pool ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21656
Used to frequent the pool hall myself. Wish I had the space and $$$ for my own table.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15718
i want to buy 1 but i need to make some space & clear out some crap in my garage to fit it ...

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12906
Smart alac Rob. I used to shoot a good bit of pool too. Its been a long time though now.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15719
we used to go to this same place alot last yr & yr b4 that but imo they used to play genres of music i hated & uncomfortably ear hurting loud too so i stopped going over a yr ...

so yesterday i thought to myself to go see if they changed - they didnt really change but at least from what my friend tells me they dont play it as loud on a sunday as on a friday & saturday night ...so it was tolerable last night

i most def want a decent table early as i can next yr so i dont have to go to such places & have my buds over for a game , i want to make a game room actually ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21668
^^^^Would loooove to have a table of my own but no room. It is what it is I guess.

Hey do you guys celebrate Xmas down in Trinidad?

New years?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15735
id say its pretty much d same here as worldwide

ppl gather with a bunch of food & drinks , visiting family & friends to consume their food\drinks & catch up on old times

some ppl go to church others party & get wasted

i usually wake up late & family might drop in later

will kill alot of time on d wii - hey do u still play urs ? ...maybe i can race u online in MK sometime if we add in each other ....

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23573
sup guys.

happy holidays.

you guys need to get face book accounts.

if you already do then post it here.

here's mine.

http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=profile&id=100000218209703

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12923
Hey Chad hows its going man? Happy holidays to you as well. No facebook account for me.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23574
everything is going good sean.

how are things with you? good i hope. get a facebook account. lol

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12924
Thats good to hear. Im doing well thanks. Ill think about it haha.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21683
I got one only because my sister got me addicted to farmtown. I played every day for 3 months till I maxed out on levels lol.

It's amazing how many ppl find you on there. Within a week I chatted with ppl I grew up with 30 years ago. Pretty cool.

P.S. Friend request sent Chad.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23577
got it paul.

lol i mean to say account up there. lol. i only have one also. facebook is the chit.

rovin you need to make a face book account. if already got one then what is your name on there so i can send friend request.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15763
sorry to say but im not into those things

i already spend too much time on d net as it is being on here & 2 local forums

hey we r really taking long to full out this threads when we used to do it in 2-3days now sadly we are taking mths ...what a shame ....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15764
hey check this out : http://forums.trinituner.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=284853 .....

Gold Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4235
omg fu<k the steelers!! they got lucky.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21695
Lol. I take it they won? They're my home team but I pretty much gave up on the season.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4236
37-36

4 seconds left of the game they got a touchdown. So close.. was close the whole game.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21697
They may not be out but hanging on by a thread. They're just not the team they were a year ago.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4239
Pretty slow these days...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21701
Ya.

Upload

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12933
Im still here Ive just been on bodybuilding.coms forum for fat loss and I joined a challenge from dec 26 to feb 14.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21707
Hey guys just in case you all don't check in.........Merry Christmas and have a happy new year!

Ecoustics has been my home/hangout for the past 4 years. That's a lot of my time and life. Glad to be here fellas.

Good wishes to all!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15774
well i made a happy holidays thread in the sub section which incls all of u from here ,,,,,,

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11765
Hope everyone had a good Christmas and got to spend it with those you love.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21742
The kids had a blast last night waiting for the ball to drop.

Let's all wish for a better year.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15795
well hardly any1 post in this section again so lets hope that it does not die out during this yr

all the best to u guys for 2010 ! ...

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12936
Well I see there hasnt been any action in here since i left thats a shame. On another note I have three kinetik 1800 batteries that have been sitting in here for months so I decided to get a battery charger to keep them charged up. Any recommendations?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21773
Get a smart charger. I have a Husky charger that floats anywhere from 2 amps up to 10 in the absorption cycle. Gives it just the right amount of charge depending on the battery's state.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12940
Im more than likely going to get this one. It charges all battery types and I think its the one my brother has.

http://www.batterygiant.com/Battery-Chargers/Product/SC-12000A

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21775
Pricey. I think I got mine for about half of that. Has jump start feature and alt test too.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12941
Can you give me a link to one like your talking about? It at least needs to charge agm batteries which I think my kinetik 1800's are.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21778
This is the exact one I have.

Upload

The manual can be found here. My box says it can charge all types but read the manual first though.

http://powertool.manualsonline.com/manuals/mfg/husky/hsk1084hd.html

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21779
http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=240684

I got mine a few years ago at the depot for around $50. The model numbers are slightly different but you get the idea. Have a look.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12942
I cant find crap for husky chargers on the internet to buy and that manual said nothing about the types of batteries it charges but thanks anyway.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9503
Sigh, Ecoustics isn't what it used to be.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21781
Go to your local Home depot!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21782
Here's the pic on the side of the box from my charger.

Upload

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21783
I used mine to charge my solar bank and it worked great.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12945
I decided its better that I sell the batteries since im not going spl and just going sq. I dont need them on 1000 watts for 1 sub.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21785
Ok then....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15807
isnt there a place u can go pay a fee to get it charged rather than buy a charger

hey have tried that idmax in a box as yet ...

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12950
i dunno besides i dont want to lug them out its hard for me. I walk with crutches. No I havent tried the idmax yet I was going to pay someone to do my complete install but they said its too cold now so ill have to wait. Now im back to keeping the batteries by the way.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12951
I found a Schumacher charger that desulfates and charges all battery types for 44.94 at walmart. Looks like this is the one im getting.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=13005744

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9535
Lol Sean, you're such a flip-flop.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes..., FL

Post Number: 10646
in my flippy floppies!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21872
I prefer house slippers and lounge pants myself.

I flip flop between t-shirt and sweat shirt though.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13028
I told him I was going to sell my batteries and then decided to keep them thats what hes talking about.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10660
why do we start threads after 80 posts? why not like 150 posts?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21885
It all started when certain regulars left or failed to post anymore, compounded by the overall lack of participation here. Won't mention any names.

Long ago a thread would last a couple days. Now it takes a month or more sometimes to move to the next one.

That's why.

150 posts would keep the same thread alive for.......who knows how long lol.

That and some of us still had dial up so the long thread took too long to load.

**Ahem, Rovin.**

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13047
Man id only go back to dial up if I absolutely had to.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21887
Dial up is like beta max. Not sure if you can even get it anymore, or want to.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11778
What's dial up?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21888
^^^^Exactly.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9558
You guys suck at keeping a thread going. Doesn't anyone have anything to say?

THREAD SAVER: Global Warming thoughts?! GO!

It was 66 degrees here 3 days ago, I'm in VA. WTF!?

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13073
The threads die at 80 posts rob.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums