Don't ya hate when they drop your camera??!!

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17248
Pizzes me off!

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21542
jesse keep bugging him. get your money back. also file a claim with paypal if he doesn't get back to you fast. i know filing a claim isn't going to get your money back but it will affect his paypal usage.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17249
Also, the pic he links to is when they are brand new. If it's supposed to be a recent pic then why didn't he use the packing material shown in the pic? The boxes look intact to me. Looks shady but I wanna hear what he says.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3993
The boxes didnt have any holes. But they were flimsy boxes. When I set one of the boxes on another, it smooshed down about 1.5".

He has already told me that he is not giving me a refund, even if I were to send them back to him. He said he is willing to "work with me". He says he can get recones and baskets cheap. I payed for these on the 2nd and was told multiple times that they were sent but never were. I really dont know what to do right now.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17251
SPL choice is the guy right?

To me seeing as to the packing method used he didn't care how you got them. No refund is also telling me that. Is he saying he will pay for the recones and baskets? I'm guessing not. He's leaving you in a ditch that he put you in.

I would at least file a claim with Paypal and post those pics and expose the transaction.

What I've learned is that if you're not a responsible shipper your not a creditable seller. Period!

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3994
yeah, I might as well (maybe) take a loss while fighting rather than laying down and waiting and taking a loss.

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3995
Well, I opened a PP dispute. We shall see what happens.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9937
That sucks Jesse.

I hope everything somehow works out man.

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3996
Thanks. Did you get my text today John? lol.

Gold Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9938
Yea I did but I was out golfing and forgot to text you back later lol.

Double Headers ftw :-)

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3997
lol...fugger. :-)

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3998
Paul, I just sent you an email. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2364
That sucks Jesse.

So this is the secret section I hear about...

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9702
yeah I definitely would have filed with paypal

Stavenmist316....did you find us or were you invited

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17252
Replied Jesse.

Gold Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9945
Welcome Steve.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17254
"So this is the secret section I hear about..."

Ok, who's been yappin' lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21546
we have a spy. lol.

jesse whats the update?

Gold Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9946
Ok guys, lets just suppose that I go the Sundown route. Strictly hypothetical though.

Should I go with the SAZ1500 and keep the gain conservative or go with the SAE1000? The SAE line is considered the "entry" level line where the SAZ is the more upper level from what I hear. Now with that said, I don't know the differences. I know the Mag can handle the SAZ with no problems. The SAZ will cost a few extra dollars no doubt but do you think it will be worth it. BTW, thanks to Exige, I now can safely presume that my alt is more than 100A and can be put in the 140-160A range.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17255
As long as you're conservative go big Yanks.

Jesse, does this guy know the mods over there? Will a thread exposing him get deleted? The more I hear about that place the more it sounds like one big thievin' community.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9708
"Ok, who's been yappin' lol."

my brother has known about it for quite a while now but I doubt he told him

Gold Member

Post Number: 9709
"The more I hear about that place the more it sounds like one big thievin' community."

yeah thats why Ive hesitated in the past to even look for deals to possibly buy from there

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 4000
This is what he tells me today cause I opened a DISPUTE, its not even a claim. I wanted to work it out through PP.

"Good luck Bro they will ask for proof of shipment which i have and u didnt ask for insirance after all i wantwd to work with you but u wanna screw me goodluck i had ur back and i woilda like to help you out but u refused to show action like i didnt give u what u wantwd sorry i shipped what u ordered sorry they arived like that i wanted to work it out and u refused."

Gold Member

Post Number: 9710
after thinking about it more I think the he guy is right they will ask for proof of shipment and that will be the end of it with paypal but we will see....if the guy is legit and wants to help you I think you still have a chance to mend things

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21548
sean have you tested some boxes of differnt sizes with the same driver? also keeping the tuning?

if yes then what are your evaluations after some extensive testing.

i only have one shot at building my box due to my lazyness. lol. so i want as much input as possible.

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 4001
I dunno. I have heard that too. But I have been reading PP policies. The items were "significantly not as described". If I follow PP's policies to a "T", I may be able to do this.

If not, I'm sort of screwed. But my sister is one of the best lawyers in Portland. She just ran for Circuit Judge. Look her up, Ulanda Watkins. And my other sister is here legal assistant. Also my sister in law is a legal assistant. I may be able to get some demand letters in place and more than likely get a lawyer for next to nothing.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21549
jesse bottom line is you didn't get what you paid for. you got a busted up sub. now whether it happened during shipping or not no one knows.

was the subs shipped via ups? if so ups covers up to $70-$100 per package even though you didn't get insurance. also i believe usps (post office) covers up to $50 without inusurance. so its not like you can't get any money out of it.

splchoice is being an azzhole. he knows what he did is wrong. he shouldn't have to work with you. he should be apologizing like crazy to you right now but he isn't. start a thread in ca.com and on here and we will back you up man.

Gold Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9948
Word. I got your back Jesse.

BTW, I think I might just do it Paul. Not that big of a difference in price between them.Always nice to have overhead too ya know?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17257
Well a lawyer is nice to have in your pocket.

"Good luck Bro they will ask for proof of shipment which i have and u didnt ask for insirance after all i wantwd to work with you but u wanna screw me goodluck i had ur back and i woilda like to help you out but u refused to show action like i didnt give u what u wantwd sorry i shipped what u ordered sorry they arived like that i wanted to work it out and u refused."

The more I read that it tells me he saw an opportunity when he says you didn't ask for insurance. He's keen to paypal's rules obviously so that tells me he's been down this road b4. And I don't see how you refused to work things out. All he said was that he knows how to get recones and baskets cheap. Another tell tale sign that he handles broken subs frequently.

If I had to bet on anything it would be that he rolls the dice selling busted subs hoping buyers get reimbursed through insurance or flat out drops the issue. JMO.

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 4002
Thanks guys. You're right Chad, UPS protects against loss or damage for up to $100 per package. Now I gotta see if he is still willing to work with me. I emailed him and texted him a couple of times and no reply yet.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9712
well the fact that the subs were shipped in very flimsy boxes not to mention the clothing as cushion points the blame on him in my book for either poor packaging with a high chance for damage (or almost certain) or he packaged them that way as a further way of claiming damage from shipment because they were damaged from the get go and if it wasnt handled gently the boxes would show damage as well all in a attempt to scam....its good that you have lawyers to help you with this too and if the guy did try to scam you and the lawyers are involved hopefully justice will be served and he doesnt try it again

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21550
jesse if ups wants photos of the damaged subs, don't show them the photos of the way it was packed.

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 4003
Heres pictures of the boxes.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

You can really see how crappy the boxes are when they are sitting on top of each other. You can see how they smoosh down. I'll take take some pics of that in a little bit. I have a really sick kid here and I got to get something to eat.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9713
yeah Yanks Fan like Paul said as long as your conservative id go with the larger amp

Gold Member

Post Number: 9714
"sean have you tested some boxes of differnt sizes with the same driver? also keeping the tuning?

if yes then what are your evaluations after some extensive testing."

sorry no we didnt in a daily tune situation

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17258
Personally I think packing anything using clothing is trailer park style. Who doesn't have or can get newspaper or old magazines? Heck a 2 minute looksee behind most office supply stores will grant you all the packing material you need. I keep most boxes and bubble wrap, packing peanuts ect from everything I buy. Someday I'll need it.

I remember getting my TC9 from Chase. He packed it in beach towels. I asked if he wanted them back and he laughed like "why would I want those back"?

Well why would you use them????

Gold Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9950
Pool noodles ftw. They cost like 50 cents at Walmart/Target and 2-3 of them will package most any sub securely.

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2618
is this still the post hos?

What happened to Chauncey

Gold Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9951
Sup Dok.

Chauncey left cause a bunch of people called him out on various stuff. Apparently his Yukon really wasn't his and his "SX" amps were actually KX amps with painted end caps.

Yea, we still the post hos lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17259
He simply vanished after that.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13957
jesse that sux azz

yanks - get the good sh1t

got me another box job : 1 12 DC AUDIO L3 ...its going in a wagon similar to mine so cabin gain FTW ! .....

Gold Member

Post Number: 9718
nice Rovin

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13960
well i wish d guy had more power but his amp is a recent model soundstream monoblock which is rated to do 950wrms @ 2ohms so im guessing thas about 800-850 realistically ...sub id dual 4ohms btw .....

Gold Member

Post Number: 9719
nah youll be fine its rated 600 rms 1200 peak

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 4004
Hey Chad...this is from ESPNs David Thorpe. 4 Blazers on the list..lol

Here's my list of the top 20 rookies:

1. Michael Beasley, PF, Heat
He's a prodigious talent who will be extremely productive in Miami or wherever he ends up. The Heat pride themselves on being a top-notch organization, so if they keep him they will focus heavily on wringing all of Beasley's talents out of him in short order.

2. Greg Oden, C, Trail Blazers
This is based on his playing on two healthy legs, naturally. Out all of last season after microfracture surgery, last year's No. 1 pick becomes the other man-child of this rookie class. Oden is a true force on both ends and will compete with passion and purpose every night.

3. Rudy Fernandez, SG, Trail Blazers
I love players who have been productive in the best leagues in Europe (think Luis Scola and Juan Carlos Navarro). Fernandez is ready to play and has the potential to develop even further.

4. Marc Gasol, C, Grizzlies
Skilled, experienced and full of confidence. Don't discount the effect of having his brother, Pau, in his ear all summer, teaching him the nuances of the NBA.

5. Derrick Rose, PG, Bulls
Let's not forget he is still very young and the Bulls still have Kirk Hinrich, who has lots of talent. Rose is going to be great, but not overnight. Still, he projects to be an All-Rookie performer.

6. Kevin Love, PF, Timberwolves
I know his athleticism and overall physique are in question, but he's too tough, smart and skilled not to be an effective player early on. Thanks to the trade to Minnesota, he should get major minutes. He is a perfect fit (offensively) next to Big Al.

7. O.J. Mayo, SG, Grizzlies
Obviously, a talent like Mayo should rank higher, but Conley and G@y are youngsters who will get lots of minutes. Playing three young players together is a disastrous recipe most of the time, so O.J. may have to wait his turn just for a little bit.

8. Danilo Gallinari, SF, Knicks
Another highly skilled and experienced player from Europe, Gallinari is in a system that perfectly complements his skill set. I get the feeling he'll have a special bond with head coach Mike D'Antoni, a la Steve Nash.

9. Eric Gordon, SG, Clippers
Brilliant shooter/scorer who should get minutes in L.A. He's got a motor and some talent around him that will help his transition.

10. Brandon Rush, SG, Pacers
Has a beautiful outside stroke and is ready to defend -- a perfect fit in Indy. Newly acquired point guard T.J. Ford will get him shots in half-court sets and in transition.

11. Courtney Lee, SG, Magic
Very athletic with polished skills, Lee was drafted by Orlando mainly because he can really defend. He's a classic Stan Van Gundy guy.

12. Russell Westbrook, PG, SuperSonics
He's ready to defend at the next level, but he might struggle to run the Sonics' offense. His heart and character should earn him quality minutes.

13. Jerryd Bayless, PG, Trail Blazers
Should be looked at as a serious scoring option off the bench. He is highly confident and an excellent shot-maker with quickness.

14. Brook Lopez, C, Nets
Big guys who can score using their size, or craftiness, have a place in this league. Lopez can do both.

15. Roy Hibbert, C, Pacers
Highly skilled and smart. And huge, too. Should be able to get minutes on this team and be a half-court option right away.

16. Joe Alexander, SF, Bucks
The league loves athletic energy guys, and Alexander is that and more. His skill game may need work, but his strength and agility will allow him to make a difference from the get-go.

17. Jason Thompson, PF, Kings
The most surprising pick of the draft, Thompson is multitalented and going to a team desperate for help inside. He can shoot, too, which is a must for Kings GM Geoff Petrie.

18. Donte' Greene, SF, Rockets
Pure shooters like Greene can find their way into the rotation. Dropping so low in Round 1 may end up inspiring him to work harder this summer.

19. Chris Douglas-Roberts, SG, Nets
Very solid shooter and scorer who loves to compete when the lights are on. Should be highly motivated after the first-round snub.

20. Nicolas Batum, SF, Trail Blazers
I know that most stat gurus don't like him, but it's not easy to put up big numbers as a 19-year-old in the Euroleague.

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 2620
sad face about Chauncey

I always loved that Yukon

Yanks fan when did you become a pro here

when I left you had less posts then me

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 2621
I'm so out of the game fellas

I can't remember half the sites I used to visit and half the stuff on the site looks like gibberish to me

:-(

I kind of want to get another set of subs but I'm not sure what to buy or if I'll be able to get what I want without upgrading my electrical system

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2366
You could say I stumbled across it.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2367
Yanks,

The only difference between the SAZ1500 and the SAE1000 is the SAE is not designed for loads under 1ohm and voltages over 15v. The SAZ has upgraded parts too.

The next SAE amps that come out(SAE-1200) will be made in China, while the SAX/SAZ line will remain Korean built.

Gold Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9953
"Yanks fan when did you become a pro here

when I left you had less posts then me"

I'm moving on up the ladder right quickly here lol.

Steve, all I heard about the difference was the SAZ was built with better components. Thanks for the other info bud.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9722
"You could say I stumbled across it."

well Steve as long as you keep it quiet im sure no one will mind....welcome bud

also our silly titles didnt help hide this place....if anyone would find us by accident thats how I thought it would happen....but honestly did my bro accidently mention the place in conversation to you because i talked to him about this place as the secret section but he already previously knew about it because i was posting from his computer at his house discussing a topic with him and told him it was a hideout so I said shh but he looked and saw I was posting in the camera section but I figured if my bro decided to post here the guys wouldnt mind

Gold Member

Post Number: 9723
Hey Paul how was the trip to Hershey?

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2368
Nah Sean, he didn't tell me about it.

Gold Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9956
The more the merrier right. As long as we don't get idiots back here.

Steven and Scott S are certainly allowed back here in my book.

BTW Sean, I PMed 12Voltz about using his shop for the meet but he hasn't got back to me yet.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17266
The kids loved it. The place is a money pit now though. $15 to park, $50 admission, $7.50 tacos, $4 sodas, $27 tee shirts, ect......

I went through $500 for that one day and didn't go on one ride for myself, but, the trip was for them and I'm glad we went. Won't go again though lol. We were going to see Safari America but that too is a separate admission price now.

In line to get into the park was hot as hell. Then they forced everyone to dump all your bottled water and drinks. "Park policy". Naturally 15 feet inside the gate were rows of venders selling water and cold drinks at OUTRAGEOUS prices. Things like that take the magic out of it ya know?

Still though it was a notch on our belt and my kids are old enough to remember it so it wasn't a disaster. Oh god am I fearing Disney World now.....

Upload

Gold Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9957
Disney rrapes you for all you have Paul lol.

Glad you and your kids had fun though man. Can't put a price tag on that.

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 4010
Do any of you know about these subs (the 2 12's in the box)?

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310830

He wants 225+ shipping. He said that he is selling them for what only one would cost. They look MEAN!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17269
They do. I've never heard of an underhung sub though. Hmmmmmm

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 4011
Underhung means that the coil sits down in the gap. Overhung means that a portion of the coil extends out of the gap. Most subs are overhung.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voice_coil

Gold Member

Post Number: 9729
"BTW Sean, I PMed 12Voltz about using his shop for the meet but he hasn't got back to me yet."

ok

Gold Member

Post Number: 9730
"The kids loved it. The place is a money pit now though. $15 to park, $50 admission"

thats good the kids loved it but I went last year I think and I didnt remember paying 15 to park....that explains the $10 off parking deal at giant grocery and we had a buy one get one ticket deal I think but its $36.95 if you buy your admission ticket at giant for adults and like $26.95 for kids

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17273
Well at the gate its $49/adult, $28/child. I could've saved a few bucks if I purchased my tickets online but my printer was flat out of ink.

As far as parking goes you can see the revenue they generate off just that. The parking lot is bigger than the park. At even only 5000 cars/day equals $75,000. Multiply that by 7 days/week equals $525,000. That's millions per season.

Upload

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21551
sean.....the box is built. well actually almost. i have to go buy another piece of board for the top. everything is else is done though. got 3 1/2 inch space between the port and the wall of the box. i know it should be at least 4 inches but ima try it out. besides i'm not gonna carpet it until i try this out. so when i take the box back out to carpet, i will make myself a pair of 1 inch risers then.

can't wait to hear the box. anyways off to home depot i go. since i didn't eat anything this morning, i think i'll pick up a couple of hot dogs at home depot. home depot hot dogs FTW!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 9734
yeah they definitely make a good amount of money on parking

Gold Member

Post Number: 9735
"sean.....the box is built. well actually almost. i have to go buy another piece of board for the top. everything is else is done though. got 3 1/2 inch space between the port and the wall of the box. i know it should be at least 4 inches but ima try it out. besides i'm not gonna carpet it until i try this out. so when i take the box back out to carpet, i will make myself a pair of 1 inch risers then.

can't wait to hear the box. anyways off to home depot i go. since i didn't eat anything this morning, i think i'll pick up a couple of hot dogs at home depot. home depot hot dogs FTW!!!"

cool Chad so is it going to be tuned to 34 hz then and if your saying it will have 4.5 inches after the riser then thats good

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21552
it will still be 32hz. i made the box a bit bigger. so its 4.2cuft after displacement.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21553
okay guys the box is done. sorry no pics. left the camera at work.

anyways 4.2cuft tuned to 32hz. 2 4inch aero ports (rovin and sean's suggestion).

this box is my masterpiece. lol. double baffle front with 2 1 x 1 bars going from front to back for brace. now the cut isn't as straight as i wanted to be but it was the best i could do with a skill saw. i really want to invest in a table saw but i just don't have anywhere to keep it.

now i am letting it sit for a few hours before putting it in my ride. the caulk and glue need to dry.

carpet comes next week.

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 4012
Talk about a 180!! Jimmy just wrote to me and said If I want to wait until next week, he can do a full refund and I ship them back. Or he can get the recones from his competitor friend. Needless to say I told him I just want the refund and I can send them back to him. I'll take the loss on the shipping back to him. :-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17279
That is fantastic news man. I'm glad to see he's proving me wrong.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21555
good news jesse.

bad news for me. the damn box won't fit through the opening of my trunk. i knew i was being a bit greedy on the box size. damn. oh well back to the drawing board. lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17282
Damn.

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 4013
Damn, that sux.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21556
good thing i already had a box to begin with so i could just put that one back.

one thing i noticed about my car. its impossible to put a 15inch sub in the trunk with a good size box that has big port area. i think ima start looking for a solid 12.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2369
Damn sorry to hear that Chad.:-(

There wasn't anything you could of done to make it fit? what about removing the spare tire cover... that might add some more room to work with.

I just made a box out of cardboard today to see how big of a box I can fit in my trunk. The mock up is 34'' wide, 16.5'' high, and 21.5'' deep. I hope theres a way to make it fit... if not I know if I shave a few inches it'll fit.

Upload

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21557
i am off by 1 inch lol. if i made the box 33inches wide instead of 32 inches then it would of fit. lol.

i took out the spare tire and the plastic panels and everything eles that takes up space. still wouldn't fit. DAMN ONE INCH MAN ONE INCH!!!. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21559
i got an idea. ima shave off .75 inch on both sides. that will give me an inch and a half more clearing. that should just be enough.

i really like the box i built so i don't want to trash it. lol. also slight loss in cuft will make the tuning to about 34hz with the length of the ports i have.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21561
i could do something like this since it only needs 1 inch.

the red line represents the part i cut. also the pic is not to scale.

Upload

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 2631
you didn't even say hi Chad

</3 -heartbreak

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21563
sup doktah. go check your thread.

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 2635
just looked

do any of you guys remember what head unit muddy had

it's the same one I had and I can't remember the model number

Chad I think you had it too at one point and it was a pretty good make and model, Pioneer maybe

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21566
i think he had the same one rovin had.

pioneer premier 860mp

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 2638
THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

hooray Chad
« Previous Thread Next Thread »