Do they make disposable camcorders?

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21371
i really need a disposable cam corder.

anyways...

sean tune it high so you can tell me how it is. i am curious to see how a sq sub sound tuned high.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9567
ill probably stick to the 2 cubic feet tuned to 30 hz....it was meant to be tuned low so why not

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13903
well this evening i opened up some more vol on my 2 10s RE SE & man this sh1t hits hard & deep !

u can notice d face of my HU shaking

if u didnt see it was 10s u would have sworn it was 12s

those lows hit all up in ur azz , buttt & spine , dammit u feel it all over even on ur hair ...

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2849
Box for my neighbor... 2 Treo SSi 15s in the back of a Jeep GC.

Upload

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2850
3.25cuft on each side tuned to 33hz.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4449
guys these boxes are all looking great. chad time for 2 revo's i guess man lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9569
looks good Jake....should work well for the jeep

Gold Member

Post Number: 9570
Rovin this is in the low tuned ported box right....you must hit hard pretty low to shake your headunit....I shook my headunit in my 1995 monte carlo z34 I had with my single 12 audiobahn immortal I owned but that thing hit hardest at 36 hz so id expect things to shake

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13904
^yep sean its in a 1.75cuft 32hz slotport box i had some 12" in ...i cut a adapter ring to fit over the 12" hole so that the 10" can fit over it - temp box

since tomorrow is sunday & i will have freetime so i may build that sealed box for it ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13905
Jake - that looks really nice

box a bit undersized but those treos hit really hard & sweet

that same treo i did recently http://forums.trinituner.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=189821

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21373
last night when i got home, i decided to mess with a few things.

1. my front stage xover has 0, -2db, and -4db for the tweeter. i've been drving around with it at -2db. it sounded good but i decided to put it at 0db. now the front stage came alive. i don't know why i didn't do that before. lol.

2. since my eq has sub freq control, i had the lpf on my amp at around 100hz. i used the xover function on my eq and have it at around 70hz. well last night i decided to drop the xover on the amp down to around 70hz. the sub hits harder and more solid. i didn't realize how much it would make a difference. i was just amazed.

3. i just bought 2 4 inch aeroports from hunter warren. they are new. so next weekend i will build a box. i will only post pics in our thread cause i am tired of showing off. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3905
Since we are on a topic of enclosures. Have any of you heard of, or read "Hoffman's Iron Law"? Its a pretty good read. If you haven't read it, take a look.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7115&st=0

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13906
^yep lil sh1t like that does make a overall difference thats why i always say HU is d brain of any system & ppl should spend some $ to get a good 1 ... my premier 860 is still going strong & working perfectly after 3yrs - looks in very good condition too ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13907
^*reply to chad's post ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21375
damn running in to a bit of a problem with my box design using 2 4inch aeroports.

the depth of the box is going to be 17 inches. the port needs to be around 15 inches. that doesn't leave much space between the port and the rear wall.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17076
"Since we are on a topic of enclosures. Have any of you heard of, or read "Hoffman's Iron Law"? Its a pretty good read. If you haven't read it, take a look."

Makes sense.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13911
chad how about making a single slotport & firing it to d side of ur ride

if u already ordered d aeros then u can also fire it sideways

had a time in 1 of my box designs i needed a single 1" more depth for a aeroport so i made a riser & put it on d box' surface & then screwed d aero on to it - it worked ! ...but if u need 2-3" more well im not sure if making mulpiple risers would affect d actual tuning ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21376
yea i am thinking about risers too. i can make a couple of rings with mdf and use it as risers.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9578
well risers shouldnt affect the tuning but having the port too close to the wall will affect things....try to give the port four inches from the wall and make sure you have clearance outside the box for airflow out of the port....the only other cencern is appearance

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21378
yeah its the appearance sean. with 1.5inch riser, i should have around 4 inches. outside of the box is no problem case its a good 12 inches to the back.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21379
ok i think i got it. after crunching some numbers for the specs of the box.

it will be 36w x 16.5h x 17d which will give me 4.64 cuft gross. after my driver displacement of .2cuft, the box should be 4.4cuft net. of course the aeroports will displace around .15cuft so all in all it will be roughly 4.2 cuft. give or take a .1.

now that will make the port length around 13-14 inches which is good. maybe just one riser is needed since the box will be 17inches deep.

what do you think?

oh and sean after i build this box and if it sounds good, dinner on me when i come visit your bro at a comp next year:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 9579
yeah 14 inches with one spacer sounds good....that will give you 3.75 from the wall plus the spacer giving you 4.50 from the wall....what is the recommended box size for ported....as for dinner thats fine but you did all the work...all I really did was check on the ports

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13912
looks good chad

those 2 4" aeros will give u body aches - my 9512 had d same 2 4" tuned to 38hz & it did 143.something - note that my car peaks at 51hz ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21381
thanks rovin and sean. you guys' inputs are really important.

i bet that was a killer rovin. that sub is a beast.

sean the recomended ported box for the revo is 3.4cuft to 6 cuft. lol. i know 6 cuft for a 15. lol. with my box a little over 4cuft, i will be fine.

on a side note, my system sounds so awesome right now. after i did what i said few posts above, its like i have a different system. i almost don't want to build another box. lol. but my mind is made up and i did order the ports so i gotta build it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9584
your welcome....yeah you should be fine

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13913
well guys this evening i made that sealed box for my 2 10s RE SE

SUCCESS !

yes its slightly less loud but now ur getting like every single bass note ineach song - sounding sorta like surround sound bass ...super deep too

each of my ported temp boxes was 1.7 tuned to 32hz now each sub is in its own 0.8cuft sealed chamber & d box looks so small & weak as if it wont do a damn thing but man its sick ! - cant sit in d back seat of wagon because ur feeling as if something is crawling in ur hair - cabin gain FTW !

...wish i had some 1" to build it though since it would be even more rigid & output even more ... }

Gold Member

Post Number: 9592
cool Rovin thats good and with a setup like that you have plenty of trunk space left

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 431
Wassup guys...I been off the forums for a few days taking a nice little vacation :-)

How's stuff goin for everyone? Jake that box mockup looks awesome!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13919
has a 2' lip on front which i might trim off a lil bit - that is if i choose to run some bars like a grill in front it or not

separated chambers ...0.8 cuft

36 x 13 tall x 12" deep

Upload

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17099
Now that's a solid looking box.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9879
Nice box Rovin. Looks great man.

I'm going up to NY tomorrow with my dad for my birthday. Going up until Friday, going to 3 games and playing a few rounds of golf up there. I'll see you all Saturday when I get back.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17103
Have a good time Yanks.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4455
celts = nba champs

sorry chad but na na na na na na na na hey hey hey goooodbye

Gold Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9881
Whats the NBA???

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 438
Nice box Rovin!

Gold Member

Post Number: 9597
happy birthday Yanks Fan....enjoy

Gold Member

Post Number: 9598
yeah the box looks good Rovin

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3927
Happy B-day yanks!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 9605
This is going to sound crazy but what do you guys think of me putting my resonant engineering re 12 in a ported box 2.60 cubic feet tuned to 25 hz and put the rated 175 watts to it on with one four inch aero port haha

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13927
^^^that would be some super looooooooows but may not be that loud sounding to ur ear ...

lovin my SEs thus far .....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13928
oh btw today i built a factory spec box for a RF T2 15" ...owner said he doenst have more space so thats y he wanted it so

have to wait til sunday when he comes with d sub so then i will know how it sounds

have another job already lined up to do a 1 12 RE SE ported for another guy who has a wagon like mine ...pix will be posted when i complete both .....

Gold Member

Post Number: 9617
well the reason I thought about trying it at such a low port tune is because I wanted to focus on low end boom and the re gives alot of boost in a box size of 2.60 tuned that low with the box coming alive at 30 hz it would give an interesting result in my vehicle....plus how often can you tune a box with such little amount of port tuned that low but I dont know it comes with compromises in upper frequency range and I really dont want to go through the hassle to buy more equipment and find room for it just to do a box like that....plus the box size is a little larger than I want it to be

Gold Member

Post Number: 9618
I look forward to the pics and results of these builds Rovin

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21396
sup guys. its been really busy at work. i guess thats a good thing. lol.

oh and charlie, give it a rest man. ok your celtics are the better team so they won. geez man.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17124
I'm officially on vacation for the next 9 days fellas.

Well, kinda. I have to finish a project from home tomorrow. After that it's free sailing. I'm looking into taking my kids to Hersey park during the week. Got some stuff to do around the house. Might take a couple of days to go down to Virginia Beach. Been there several times before. We'll see.

Regardless it's time to relaaaaax.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21410
nice paul. you really deserve it. i love it when good things happen to good people.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9628
yeah enjoy your vacation Paul....I agree with Chad you deserve it

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17128
Thanks guys. Of course I'll be floating around here from time to time.

I also bought 24 movies to watch. Yup. 24.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21418
nice paul. whenever i have some free time, i go out and buy the tv show "friends" dvd. i end up watching the whole season in 2 days. lol. i now have 6 seasons.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13930
good 4u paul - ive seen that hersey park on d food network ...looks nice

i myself have about 20 DVDs to look at - i just keep 4getting about em & end up spending my freetime on forums ...

Gold Member

Post Number: 9631
hershey park is pretty cool but six flags NJ has the worlds fastest coaster i think Kingda Ka (that I havent been on yet) but I was on the superman ride of steel in Maryland and that was a thrill esp. the first drop....I think I like six flags better than hershey but they are both good parks....busch gardens wasnt bad either but its been a long time since ive been there

ps....there is one coaster that is wooden in maryland that I think they should shut down because you get really beat around from the rough ride its one of the flat type wooden coasters not the high ones....theres another that your head gets put between two padded bars and on occasion causes me to hit my head/neck kind of hard....I guess it depends how you lean your head but I thought you should know about them

heres some links on the coasters

http://themeparks.about.com/od/sixflagsparks/a/KingdaAnnounce.htm

http://themeparks.about.com/cs/sixflagsparks/a/blsrossfa.htm

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17132
I've done six flags many times b4 and just got sick of the prices. I took my ex-wife there for her first time and after I drove us there, paid for the tickets and parking, waited in line for like 1 1/2hrs to ride Batman and THEN she tells me she hates roller coasters. She screamed that she hated me during the whole ride lol. Needless to say we didn't go on another one. That was a quick $200.

Hersey is about 2 hours from me and something we've never seen so it should be fun.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21425
hmmmmm chauncey = excursion?

Gold Member

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9888
^^Possible.

Have fun Paul.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2913
REVO 15" dual 2...

375 shipped. PM me if you want it guys.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21428
take your for sale stuff somewhere else jake. especially if you are going to charge same here as you would on some other thread

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2914
I can be talked down...

I would just rather see someone on ecoustics have it than a guy at CA...

Gold Member

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3947
If you had this for sale about 3 weeks ago, before I bought the sd2.5's, I'm about 95% sure I would have bought it:-(

Its funny how it always works out like that.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21432
lol jesse.

last month i saw "my cousin vinny" for the first time. it was such a funny movie. its on HBO again right now so i am watching it. i can't believe i never saw this movie before. damn. marisa tomei is fineeeee.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17141
Just watched Rambo and Rocky Balboa for the first time. Ok movies. Nothing very special but entertaining. Bloodiest Rambo yet. My sub was a pumpin'.

That is a good flick Chad. "The two yoots"???

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21434
lol paul that part was funny as hell. lol.

marisa tomei drives me crazy with her new york accent. i love it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13942
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/498073.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 9637
looks good Rovin....A friend of ours just put two 10 rockford t2's in a trunk car and hit 142.2 db with a daily tune on the termlab so your friend should do well

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13943
i must say this box is built exact to factory rec specs (shhh-lol) because of space limitations & d owner wanted it soo too (he is not competing for spl or anything) but i must say it sounded quite good ...

guys im buying a new TL (SHHHHH !) - sis is coming down here from FL to visit & she is bringing it along with a new laptop ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17163
WHAT??!!

Aren't they like $500+ or so?

You go man.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13944
650 bux + 35 for s\h

aah well im going to be competing & making a trophy collection so its worth seeing waht u can do & fine tune ur sh1t so when u reach to d comp u already know what ur gonna be doing ....

Gold Member

Post Number: 9639
"guys im buying a new TL (SHHHHH !) - sis is coming down here from FL to visit & she is bringing it along with a new laptop ..."

now your talking Rovin....I figured you would buy one sooner or later....the money you got paid for making all those boxes for people didnt hurt either im sure

Gold Member

Post Number: 9640
"i must say this box is built exact to factory rec specs (shhh-lol) because of space limitations & d owner wanted it soo too (he is not competing for spl or anything) but i must say it sounded quite good ..."

I think the one our friend built was to spec too but I didnt get to sit in and listen to it....next time I see him ill have to ask him if I can listen to it

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21450
rovin and sean.....

step one complete. lol.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/498217.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 9642
cool Chad looking forward to the finished product

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17170
Looks like we'll be welcoming a couple more members into the platinum club soon. Yanks you're less than 100 away and Sean isn't that far behind.

Keep it up. Let's dominate the forum he he he he.

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 9645
haha yeah ill get there eventually

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17174
Sean at your current post rate you're platinum by mid-late July.

That's not far away.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21452
sean.....on my home from work today i decided to call scott. was talking to him about the box and he feels that i should go with a slot port. now i am torn between ideas.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9646
"Sean at your current post rate you're platinum by mid-late July.

That's not far away."

haha looks like your moving along with post counts too....by the way im sure you and the kids will like Hershey

Gold Member

Post Number: 9647
well Chad if a slot port is louder than two four inch aero ports I dont think it will be by much with 1200 watts

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21453
well its just i don't know what to do about the risers. to get 4 inch clearance i need at least 2 inch risers. i don't know what i would do.

he did say aeroport might sound better. also i asked him if i do 2 aeroports, do i put both ports on one side and sub on the other or sub in the middle and port on each side. he went with sub in the middle.

most likely ima go with the aeros since i bought them. but give me some ideas on risers.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9648
this would be a bit of a pain but you could design the box for both port styles and see what each one sounds like

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17179
Oh I think the kids will love it. Thanks Sean.

On a side not CC had a nice little GPS on sale that I picked up along with a 30gig digital camcorder.

A Magellan 1200. 3d display with voice, nice little unit.

Picked up brand new for $139. I'm happy.

The camcorder was $450. I love that as well. Going to use both for the trip.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21454
i was thinking port to the side but scott said don't do it so that idea is out the door. i got several days to think about it so its no hurry.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9649
well with sub in the middle with the ports on each side you couldnt do a swappable aero port and slot port box

Gold Member

Post Number: 9650
Nice Paul what do the Magellan's normally sell for

Chad yeah think it over but im not so sure it will make much difference if you put the port to the side
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us