Flash meters

Username: Greglincal

Hope Mills, North Carolina USA

Post Number: 1
I need help deciding which flash meter to buy. Iam just learning about camera's and equipment want to start a home based studio for portraits and such. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4533
Budget?

Take a look at the Sekonic line-up.

Post Number: 2
I was looking at the Polaris model for $169.95. I was reading up on it and they say it has a lot of features for a little money. What do you think?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4539
I have no experience with Polaris but the price seems right. Nice features for the price.

Are you going full digital or are you using medium/large format cameras?

Post Number: 3
I am using the Nikon D70s. I went back into the web and compared the polaris with the sekonic and I am interested in the Sekonic L3085 model it seemed very good with a lot of features also.
I just have to make up my mind to which one I want to buy. If I have any more questions I will write again. Thank you for your help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4541
What lighting equipment do you have?

Post Number: 4
I have the smith victor FL150-110i srobe lights. I am using two of them.

Post Number: 5
Hey Berny Have not heard back from you in a while are on vacation? Any way hope you answer soon ok.

rkh
Unregistered guest
I have a Sekonic L-558 Cine spotmeter and want to read the foot lamberts on a movie screen. Apprently the meter reacts too quickly as the reading vary from 1.9 to 6.0 in a moment. It appears to be reading the light when the projector blade is obscuring the light. Does anyone know how to slow the meter reaction time or set it to average?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4796
Hello Gregory,
I was just wondering about your lighting set-up. The Sekonic should be more than adequate to fill your needs. Have fun!

Post Number: 6
Hey Berny I bought the sekonic and it works great. I just joined a photograhpers guild here in town so I am hoping to learn a lot more tips and tricks from other people.I am going to enter a few photo contests to see if my photo's win or show any promises down the road.Any way write when you can. Greg

Silver Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 272
I've been using a borrowed Minolta Auto Meter IV; it's worked very well & is quite easy to learn. I plan to eventually buy myself a Sekonic L-358.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7150
No such thing as "the best". You get equipment based on your needs.

There's Novatron, Alien Bees, Norman, Lowel, etc. Pick and chose what works best for your particular needs. Trying to determine "the best" is foolhardy.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7594
You are welcome...although I have no idea why you are writing a thank you...still appreciated, though.

Username: Flashsynch1

Post Number: 2
Does anyone have any example photo's using the Smith Victor fl150? I would like to see results of these units. I ordered two fl150's for a begining in personal studio work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us