A Little Bit Ironic, Don't Ya Think?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5990
ONONDAGA, N.Y. (AP) Sun, Jul 3, 2011 — Police say a motorcyclist participating in a protest ride against helmet laws in upstate New York died after he flipped over the bike's handlebars and hit his head on the pavement.

The accident happened Saturday afternoon in the town of Onondaga, in central New York near Syracuse.

State troopers tell The Post-Standard of Syracuse that 55-year-old Philip A. Contos of Parish, N.Y., was driving a 1983 Harley Davidson with a group of bikers who were protesting helmet laws by not wearing helmets.

Troopers say Contos hit his brakes and the motorcycle fishtailed. The bike spun out of control, and Contos toppled over the handlebars. He was pronounced dead at a hospital.

Troopers say Contos would have likely survived if he had been wearing a helmet.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24899
Well at least he died doing what he believed in.

There is just so much overwhelming evidence on the helmet law side as opposed to against that it takes an IQ of about 55 or less to be convinced helmets cause more injuries/deaths than they prevent. The odds of avoiding a head impact in moderate to extreme accidents is so low I'm shocked anyone would take the chance. Even if you survive, living with the possible disfigurement and humiliation just isn't worth feeling the wind on your face.

I suppose these are the same guys who believe seat belts and speed limits are for the weak.

Silver Member
Username: Djsmith

Post Number: 356
here in Canada its a law to ware helmets even on a two wheeler pedal bike..it's the idiots that don't and get themselves killed.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

Crescendo Audio FTMFW!!!, AA Havoc 15 ... Your Mom FTW!!!

Post Number: 3503
"A little too ironic...and, yeah, I really do think...

It's like rain on your wedding day"

lol sorry the thread title reminded me of that. BTW Jagged Little Pill FTMFW!! Dont hate,you all know that was your soundtrack to the 90s lol.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3498
that article is kind of freaking me out..

we just lost an Airman on base here to a motorcycle accident. he was from Ny, as am i. he wasn't wearing a helmet. furthermore, there aren't counties here (Louisiana), they're called Parrishes.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us