Ebay Pays You For Your Stuff

Username: Admin

Post Number: 9375
eBay has just launched a new service called Instant Sale.

You just enter the item you want to sell (currently accepting smartphones, digital cameras, laptops, mp3 players and camcorders) then eBay provides an instant appraisal along with a prepaid shipping label.

Once eBay receives and verifies your item, they deposit the money into your PayPal account.

Try it out here.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3378
hermm... i may have to look into this..

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5439
Epawn?

Gold Member

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3382
^ pretty much. i'm curious as to how much they will offer for stuff. it sounds like a quick way to get rid of things..

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3617
How come they get to wait till they get the product to pay but we cant?

Post Number: 9377
eBay is currently offering $511.18 for an iPhone 4 (32GB) in excellent condition. Not bad if you want to break your AT&T contract and get one from Verizon or something else.

eBay Instant iPhone 4

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24377
So what's your cut for posting this?

Yeah, I just said that.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4371
lol Paul.

They only offered me 16 bucks for my old blackberry in tiptop shape

Gold Member

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3383
sh!t they offered me like $50 for my laptop that cost over $1500 a few years ago, lol.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24378
It's just Ebay's way of making even more $$ off the masses. There's a reason they are limiting this program right now to electronics. Current ones at that.

Don't expect Ebay to give you a "fair" market value for your 30 year old Elvis shaped ashtray. There's too much work and too little profit for their effort to sell it. That's why this program revolves around the hottest items. By all means don't believe the advertising that makes you feel Ebay is doing you any favors.

I've been buying and selling on Ebay for over 10 years and I've come to several universal conclusions.
1). The risk is ALL on you as they make $$ whether your item sells or not.
2). The competition is so vast now it forces your pricing below retarded levels in order to stay toe to toe with the guy who bought 100,000 of the same item you have at a fraction of the cost.
3) Once Ebay merged with Paypal the true monster shined its' colors. Now one company collects so many fees on one transaction it makes you reach for the vaseline to prepare your p00p chute for the onslaught.

Insertion fees
Listing fees
Picture fees
Promotion fees
Final value fees
Paypal fees

It makes your head spin.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24379
And I wouldn't be surprised if the phone manufacturers are behind this venture. Buy up your competitor's phones so the ppl use yours. After all we all know the $$ isn't in the sale of the hardware but the 2 year contract you sign. In some cases that's worth over $2000.

It would be like Pepsi buying every Coke product off the shelves. What's left to drink?

For giggles I tried it using my older 30g Ipod. In new condition with my charger they offered me $3. My Magellan GPS? $8. My $350 JVC digital camcorder? $41. My Nikon digi cam? $15. Lololololol.

Post Number: 9379
There's a site called http://cexchange.com that offers the same instant buying service as eBay, and has partnered with many mainstream online electronics stores. They may even be the engine behind eBay, as they seem to be offering exactly the same price appraisals, but eBay is not listed as a partner.

A better question is what do these companies do with your stuff once they get it, and how do they make money. I suspect the goods are resold in foreign markets that can't get licenses to sell Apple or other popular electronics products. Perhaps eBay or cexchange dump the goods to a middle intermediary, locking in easy profit.

cexchange screenshot for iPhone 4 32 GB
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us