Who here uses creatine for working out

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15664
I had an awesome workout on my first loading phase day. It was biotest micronized german creatine. I had stronger lifts and more endurance on the treadmill.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5470
^ Not surprising.

The stuff I use has a bit of creatine in it (it's hard to get protein powder without it these days). My brother who's totally buff says it's best to use if you're working out a TON, as in, everyday. Otherwise it doesn't really do much. I personally don't do a lot of the stuff because it isn't totally safe to use (though it's still in the GNC protein powder I use). I still get good results.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3246
while it isn't creatine i'm currently trying out bsn epozine. just started it and i'm seeing minor improvement so far. definitely a good recover product but it's expensive... will be giving promera con-cret a go here soon, has great reviews. i'll keep you posted.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3260
Sean what's the name of the stuff your taking?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15675
"Sean what's the name of the stuff your taking?"

biotest micronized german creatine

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9693
If you had such good results it's more than likely NOT because of the creatine but more of a mental response just from using it. Creatine does help but it's not a ridiculous amount that's for sure.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9694
Caffeine has the same effects by the way.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15701
true but it taxes your body and robs of nutrients....how ya doin bro? Did you see my thread on bb.com

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9695
I'm pretty good these days, just working way too much in my opinion but that will come to an end soon enough(or so I hope). I'm going to look for your thread and check it out.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4719
Link to thread please Sean?

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9701
Here is the link to Sean's thread

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128007043

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5842
There is no need for the "loading" phase when taking creatine. There is absolutely no advantage to doing it. Companies list that so consumers will go through their product faster, then have to buy more.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5843
I also commented on your thread.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15751
I saw that you did. Thanks

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15752
I just replied to your post

Gold Member

Post Number: 5845
Had a great workout today. Tried maxin out on bench for the first time in a looong time. hit 345 "D

Gold Member

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3264
^ i wish. i'm around 235 right now but i'm slowly gaining =) not bad though considering i had difficulty finishing 10 reps with 135 starting out lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15773
best ive ever done was 250 at 152....i have to work back up to it now though

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15795
dieting down for a week to see where things end up

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9722
A week isn't going to show much change if any if you don't create a ridiculous deficit. If I stay on track I should hit the single digits of body fat for the 3rd time this year.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15804
im just trying to see how many calories I actually need. sweet can i see pics this time.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9724
I probably should take some, the ones on my BB.com profile are horribly outdated =/ I got some decent wheels on me finally.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15972
cool ill be looking for them

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes

Post Number: 11241
ive been dieting, or should i say i have changed the way(and amount) i eat.

i have gone from 240 to 216 in about a month and a half. feels good man.

Lean meats (turkey, chicken, and fish) and veggies (raw, grilled or steamed) is my game.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15977
thats a very big accomplishment good job

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes

Post Number: 11242
thanks brotha!

started working out more frequently, though i don't spend as much time working out (went from 2 hours 2 days a week to 1 hour 4 days a week), and incorporating cardio (i sidewalk run 5K) 3 times a week.

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes

Post Number: 11243
BUT i will admit, no matter how much exercising i did, the weight didnt start moving until i changed my diet.

i think it was Rob, I thank him greatly, that told me to watch the "I wanna be like that guy" video about the dude that trained to be like a bodybuilder by exercising and then trying exercising and diet and the difference was amazing. everyone should watch that movie!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15980
less is better higher testosterone levels 1 hr and a half max is where it lasts

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15981
yeah i have that on my pc because of him....i watch it every now and again to motivate me

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9726
Muddy, you're welcome man. There's another documentary that I think just about everyone should watch but I can't recall the name of it or where I saw it, I'll look for it in a bit. People can learn so much from IWTLLTG, it makes body building what I would call simplified. However, as you might have noticed, there are some very misleading things that Stuart says and some if it is just false. Back to that when you read this I guess...

Sean, the thing about T levels isn't so much of about energy expenditure but diet. With a caloric deficit T levels will more than likely drop, with a caloric surplus you should see increases in T.

Gold Member

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3297
so i scratched the promera and went with a combo, universal torrent. on it for about a week now and noticing better pumps, which i enjoy

on a different note i'm satisfied (and a little surprised) with my progress thus far. started at ~182lbs and now at ~190lbs over the course of a month and a half. my waist hasn't moved from 32" either. we shall see where the uni torrent takes me along with the uni m(ethoxy)-stak when i start that up..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16140
never heard of that product

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2352
i recently started going to the gym, mostly to play hoops, but i have found my self lifting a little bit as well

ive just been taking a multi vitamin and ON 100 gold whey. ive lost 10 pounds and im happy with the results thus far

im looking to drop another 10-15 pounds, but also gain strength. is the whey hindering my weight loss?

any suggestions?

thanks in advance

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16147
one serving of that whey is 120 calories so if you take it 2 x a day thats 240 calories hardly a hindrance....oh and by the way if you use the scooper they give you its only actually about two thirds a serving with a full scoop....I used my food scale to find that out

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9738
Sean, you could very well be wrong about that. I've read somewhere that the whey can absorb moisture so going by weight might not be the way to get an exact amount of calories if you're going to be so technical. Anyhow, it's not realy a huge difference in caloric intake if you're taking 2/3 scoop or 1 full scoop. There's no way such a little amount should make or break any person's diet.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16155
i weighed it dry to the 31 gram serving weight

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9739
Never mind lol. You just don't understand.

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1772
I just started going to the gym about month ago. I have a multivitamin pack a got from gnc and i usually take 2 scoops of this whey extreme 60 i also got from gnc before and after a work out. I'm yet to get on the bench i have been mostly working with free weights and the machines but i can surely already tell a difference in strength.

This has been with going to the gym 3 times a week. mostly upper body and abes. Although i think i tore my lower abdominal muscle the other day due to not stretching. It sucks i cant even due a sit up.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9740
That definitely doesn't sound good Joe. I'd wait a week or so before going to a doctor, maybe the muscles are just sore. Also, I suggest that you train legs, skipping out on leg training can even hinder your upper body results believe that or not.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1784
I think i will start to get into a more fuller routine soon. For me it seems committing to gym is not an easy task. Although now that im staring to see results its making it more worth my while. I just need to sit down with a calender and come up with a full daily/weekly routine.

My lower abe muscle seems a little better today but i still don't think i would try a sit up. What happened was i did i pretty in depth work on on my stomach and after a few days it was not to sore but it was still tight. I was ruff housing around and never stretched before hand. I threw a packed bag of clothes in a downward motion as if you were throwing a dodge ball with two hands and that did it. It does seem to be healing though.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9741
If you can't commit to a gym then don't. It's cheaper working out at home. On average here in Chicago a gym membership will cost you $360 a year and you're locked into a contract for that year as well.Then factor in the time and gas it takes you to get to and from the gym and it all adds up. You could cheaply buy yourself a full size olympic bench and weight set and get into phenomenal shape in the comfort of your own home. The drawback is that you don't have access to all the machines for working out that a gym provides but if you're creative you can think of a way to train for whatever your goals are anyhow.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1785
I agree but i have next to no room in my apartment. My membership was actually 129 for the entire year. I think now that im starting to see results though it will be easier.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16167
that sounds like my planet fitness membership ($10 a month)

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9743
Damn, making excuses already Joe. I would give up the bed I sleep on just to fit a weight bench into my living space. However, that is definitely a good deal on a gym membership so go for that.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24034
Not derailing this thread but seeing this guy Johnnie Jackson is just impressive. His pecs are MASSIVE. No news to those in this thread I'm sure but DAMN, what a physique.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9744
Johnnie has been on a big decline for a couple of years. He used to claim he was the strongest body builder and all that jazz but definitely came nowhere close to winning that title this year. Regardless of that him and just about all other body builders are bests and even though he's not the champ this year around he still is ridiculously strong.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4772
Is that natural?

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9746
Lol. Johnnie Jackson definitely isn't natural. Even the guys who compete in the natural classes aren't natural, it's pretty shittttttty man.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4775
Rob, as someone who is also trying to get by with what I have at home, I'm curious, what exactly do you do?

Full body routine? Split? Just wing it?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8492
I USE BEER FOR WORKING OUT..

works pretty good

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9747
I do everything that involves free weights.

My split:
Monday-Chest, triceps and abs
Barbell bench press, flyes, skull crushers, dips(soon to be weighted when my belt comes in), knee raises, rubber band cable crunches, weighted situps

Tuesday-Back and biceps
Pull ups, chin ups, bent over barbell rows, t-bar rows(I just stick my barbell into a corner of a wall and grip the barbell with a m@sturbation grip(I don't own an actual handle yet)), dumbbell rows, heavy standing EZ curl bar curls, ez curl preacher curls, dumbbell preacher curls, standing alternating dumbbell curls

Wednesday-Legs, shoulders, traps and abs
Squats, leg extensions, over head barbell press, dumbbell press, side laterals, knee raises, weighted sit ups, rubber band cable crunches

Thursday-Chest and triceps
See Monday

Friday-Back and biceps
See Tuesday but instead of pull ups/chin ups I do a lot more sets of bent over barbell rows

Saturday-Shoulders and abs
All dumbbell presses(Arnold presses) and weighted situps

Sunday-Usually only cardio
5 mile run, stationary cycle and some shadow boxing

I super set all the muscle groups to be trained so for example I'll go from benching right into dips and then hit abs. Doing supersets like this is brutal but it saves time and definitely makes you that much stronger.I pyramid up and go very heavy with everything and then I pyramid down. I end up doing probably close to 16 sets per muscle group these days because I have the time(I'm laid off) and I can obtain results doing so. Most people would say what I do is over training and over kill but I'm cutting and having some nice gains right now so I'll just do what works. I actually do cardio every day as well, I've run 5 miles outside for the past 2 weeks now I believe. It's been cold it's been snowy but I still get out there and do it.

I own an olympic size bench and have an olympic barbell set(I actually have over 600 pounds in plates too. I own an iron gym(the thing you hang in a door frame) in which I use for pull ups/chin ups and hanging knee raises and I also have a dip station. My bedroom looks more like a gym with a bed in it and I wouldn't have it any other way, so many people complain about not having room and blah, blah, blah but if you really want to get in shape you make no excuses. I don't see the point in giving a gym $360 a year and plus, it's a waste of gas and time getting to and from a gym. I suggest you check out craigslist and buy equipment there at a great price. If you need a dip station this right here is the cat's azz-

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dip-Station-C-8120-W-New-York-Barbells-/160430774125?pt=LH_D efaultDomain_0&hash=item255a6b576d

One of the better ones I've seen and it's priced fair. Reviews can be found on Amazon.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1786
I like it a lot. Good routine.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16197
definitely a high volume routine

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9752
It sure is, good thing I have tons of free time. BTW, my dip belt just came in from BB.com but I can't give a good review of it just yet. No more sets of 15 on dips or 20+ pull up/chin ups for me :D

Platinum Member

Steady as she goes

Post Number: 11244
Damn rob, I'm so curious about how your gym/room looks I'm going to request a pic.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4776
I'm doing a pretty standard 4 day push/pull right now.

Your gym sounds like mine Rob. I have a bench, olympic bar/plates, a few dummies, "power tower" for chins/pulls/dips etc. I have more than enough to get a good workout. It's the monotony that kills me.

I greatly prefer going to a gym than working out at home, although I can get by either way. Going to the gym just creates a different state of mind for me. Better focus, better intensity. Not to mention it's absolutely one of the best ways to meet girls.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16311
im getting ready to get focused on my routine again....i might try the high volume thing
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us