Evolution

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1062
If we evolved from apes, why are there still apes?

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23298
Touchy subject. You've been talking to Yanks huh?

quote:

If we evolved from apes, why are there still apes?

The same reason there are many different oak trees. The same reason there are birds who can fly and then there are penguins. If you believe in the theory of evolution then you believe we are products of our environment. Survival of the fittest. IMO geographical location dictates evolution to an extent. In the jungle apes swing from trees thus demanding more arm strength and flexibility. Polar bears can swim in frigid waters and pull a 1500 lb walrus around like a rag doll. Why? Because at one point in its' evolution it HAD to for survival. Its' offspring learned through visual absorption and eventually instinct. The changes were infinitely small as the years went by but extrapolate that over millions of years and you see why animals who live in the desert can thrive there and why creatures who live 3000 feet under the ocean can too.

I think many people have a difficult time grasping or choosing to believe in evolution not only because of religion but the time table it exists on. None of this "change" happens over night. We humans have existed a mere blip on the grand scale of life on this planet and we demand immediate results and proof from science for our questions. If proof isn't there we turn to religion, which can be misleading and unacceptable at times.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5347
Give it time....We are still evolving...They WILL dissapear.
Even as of now only around 350,000 survive.

http://www.physorg.com/news6160.html

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1064
I actually got this question off a site I Googled. I Googled philosophical questions. There were some pretty insane questions on there.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5349
If 2 ppl were looking at the moon, and one has a telescope...If the moon exploded, who would see it first?

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3188
^ wouldn't change. even though the person with the telescope can see farther the light of the moon still has to travel to the lens to be seen. the telescope would just have a bigger view.

same goes for supernovas occurring light years away. by the time we see it happen the event is already long past due to the time it takes the light to travel and actually be seen.

last bit of nerdy talk, the suns rays we feel are are over 8 minutes old. so suppose the sun disappears into thin air, we would still have light for 8 min without it being there.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23305

quote:

last bit of nerdy talk, the suns rays we feel are are over 8 minutes old. so suppose the sun disappears into thin air, we would still have light for 8 min without it being there.

Well duh lol. Ever water a garden with a hose and shot it straight up? Then when you move the hose around you see the delay as it comes down? Same concept.

Silver Member
Username: Finish22

Post Number: 271
we are still apes in evolution....

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1761
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 272
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 273
BTW.... none of these images were photo-shopped....

Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15156
if we evolved from apes what was God doing???? Creating us silly we didnt evolve from apes

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16536
wasnt there a evolution thread on here not that long ago ? ...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23309
It's ok to believe in God. Faith is a positive thing. Like I said when people can't accept science they lean on religion to fill in the gaps and call it a day. I prefer us as a species to continue to explore and discover, invent and evolve into people who CAN prove the unknown, not limit themselves to the bible to answer age old questions. IMO you can believe in God AND science at the same time, just change your angle on it. We are constantly discovering new things about ourselves, the planet and solar system without the help of any supreme being. I say we roll on and let the chips fall where they may.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1070
Anyone ever watch the Science Channel? I recently came across it and its pretty sweet. Lots of good shows.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15159
just for the record I believe in science and God supporting each other

I mean no offense by this question but what do you guys think the bible is

Just a good story book?

The word of truth?

All made up?

Some truth and some lies?

or is God real and his word true? If he is then he made us man and woman just like his word says

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4586
Personally I believe we were most likely created by the easter bunny and the ghost of christmas past. Then they got together and wrote the doctrine of mystical creationalisticness, which is their true word and we should live our lives by.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15161
thanks for sharing ha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us