Holy s@#$... we got him.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3806
Jay f@#$ing Cutler. As a lifelong Bears fan, I'm in disbelief, we have a LEGIT quarterback. First time in a LONG time.

I'm ecstatic about this deal, Orton and 2 first round picks is a bargain in my opinion. I already hear some people chattering that we gave up too much, I disagree. First round draft picks are INSANELY overpaid these days, and half of them end up being busts. Instead we just got a PROVEN elite quarterback, and he's barely begun reaching his full potential, I mean the Manning brothers didn't play half as well as this kid has in their first couple seasons. I'm so pumped.

DA BEARS!!!

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3285
Cutler is a good QB but there is no one else around him. He needs an offensive line to help him out. Kinda hard to throw the football while he is on his back.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3808
The Bears went 9-7 with Kyle Orton as QB... can't be all bad. And Orton was only sacked 27 times all year.

Forte looked great as a rookie, that'll help a lot. And the receivers aren't as bad as ppl may think. Hester looked pretty damn good for his first season at an unfamiliar position, and Olsen is a nice TE.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2552
da bearssss.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9283
I don't think he's going to help the Bears too much as a quarterback, he looks like s hit for a quarterback.

http://www.jaycutler.com/

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3809
Wrong Cutler, this one is a NATURAL athlete.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5105
I think both teams made out well on this. Cutler has the potential to be a top 3 QB but the main issue is as others have said -- the people around him now. But those two picks in this years first round can fix that up pretty nicely if they choose well. And I also have not given up on Orton. He was thrown into a very difficult situation in Chicago and I am not sure anyone short of the top 4-5 qb's could have done any better. If Denver decides to bet the farm on him this year he could put up huge numbers in that system with the two Brandons, Royal and Hillis. The line is weak though. He is already accustomed to playing in the cold which is huge. The Denver offense is a few pieces away from being good again but their defense is beyond anything they could grab in the draft. They need to spend some serious cash on some solid free agents for the D or it's going to be a long year once again. You can't give up 23+ points a game and compete in this league. But don't doubt Kyle Orton, the kid has the skills to be a great QB, and this just might be the jumpstart he needed. And if he falters, Patrick Ramsey is solid. New head coach Josh McDaniels is an offensive mastermind who did a stellar job with Brady and then Cassel in NE. His offense here will be exciting to watch for sure.

I think this is the year for my Chargers. They are arguably the strongest team in the AFC and with a now healthy LT and Gates, and another year of experience for Rivers, they are going to dominate all year long. And in the NFC I think that the Cowboys are going to rise up again and be very tough to beat. They will use Roy Williams more this year. And Crayton is better than TO at this point anyway. Good riddance. And with Jon Kitna ready in case something happens to Romo, the Cowboys are a lock.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9295

quote:

Wrong Cutler, this one is a NATURAL athlete.

They all claim to be natural =/

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23308
cutler is the next elway.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3813
Someone's been watching ESPN... lol

quote:

And I also have not given up on Orton.

Brad, I agree about Orton. Part of me is sad to see him go cause I think he actually has what it takes to be pretty solid. I will miss his terrific neck-beard :-(

quote:

New head coach Josh McDaniels is an offensive mastermind who did a stellar job with Brady and then Cassel in NE. His offense here will be exciting to watch for sure.

I'm not so sure. The coordinators always come away overrated from great teams. People thought things would fall apart when Crenel and Weis left years ago, Pats didn't miss a beat. And it's easy to look like an offensive mastermind with such a talent-stacked offensive team and terrific head-coaching.

The Broncos made out very well in the spectrum of the last couple weeks, when it became clear that they needed to part ways with Cutler. But if you look back further to the start of the Cutler drama, McDaniels started his Bronco career with a ROYAL F@#$ UP in my opinion. Say what you want about Cutler being a b!tch towards the end, maybe he was, but McDaniels has never denied lying to his face and not being straightforward with him at all. He ran a 25 year old pro-bowl QB out of town, a kid who many think could be an ALL TIME QB. McDaniels won't last more than 2 or 3 seasons in Denver, there's a reason why teams usually don't hire head coaches this young. Teams are just getting caught up in the recent trend of some young coaches being very successful, i.e. Mike Tomlin of Pittsburg

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 5066
doesnt matter with brady back we will have a great season.

patriots 2009 superbowl champs along with celtics, bruins, and red sox

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3822
"patriots 2009 superbowl champs along with celtics, bruins, and red sox"

The Celtics aren't repeating. Cleveland is gonna lock up the #1 seed, and they WILL make the finals. I'm not sure they'll even need all 7 games to beat the Celts in the playoffs, mark my words, Cavs beat the Celts this postseason.

I don't think the Red Sox will win it all either. People are getting ahead of themselves cause of their pitching rotation, stacked as it may be. I have questions about their lineup though... Pedroia's a tad overrated after having a DREAM season, Ortiz never really seemed to recover from wrist surgery as well as not having Manny in the lineup, and I think Lowell is big for them, and he might be too worn down at this point in his career.

Pats are just stacked. Love the Shawn Springs signing. They have as good or better a shot at the SB as any team in the NFL.

Bruins.... I couldn't even name a player on their roster lol.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1868
shiits weak charlie haha

but mass does have stacked teams in about every sport

fucckin new hair cuts

Gold Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 1798
Red Sox are a lock...Not a weak spot on the team...Only thing that can beat them is injuries...

Tampa won't repeat, but looked good in spring training, they have alot of sleepers who can explode any time...Pena is a great team leader..

Yankees, without a healthy Arod, are 3rd at best..the team is way over-rated..money ain't buying love this year for em..

Fortunately I was able to see many Sox, Tampa, and Yanks games, this spring..ain't nothing better than baseball spring training in Feb/March in Florida..

In football, anything is possible, due to the many injuries on any given day ...Patriots with a healthy Brady are untouchable, in any division or conference..Miami is the sleeper in the AFC East, Tuna IS SIMPLY AMAZING..

Celtics will be there but have stiff competition from Cleveland, who is very hungry...Celtics have the talent, but is the heart there like last year, I dunno..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us