Xbox soft mod

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3222
quick question on how to make a cable to be able to connect my xbox memory card to my computer so I can move the linux files to it, so that I can soft mod my (original) xbox?

I've found steps as far as uploading the software on to the hard drive and yadda yadda, but how do I make something to get the files to the memory card?

thanks in advance fellas

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3223
bump for help?

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1464
ok ok buddy you are wayyyyyy late on this lol. but i will help you through this and tell you the complete way to soft mod, XBOX not 360. first off lets run down the basics. first and foremost you will need a UNPATCHED version of Mech assault, 007: agent under fire, Splinter cell, the first one i think it chaos theory. these discs will NOT be the platinum hits version. so scour the net and ur local gamestop used bin. .....waits........ ok and were back. u need one of these discs to run a exploit in microsoft's system of xbox.

this one i think i used back in 05 http://xbox-hq.com/html/postx5188-0-0.html

for a link up memory card adapter try this. http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38.l1313&_nkw=action+replay+xbox&_sacat =See-All-Categories

u need a cradle or u can hack up ur spare xbox controller and solder on a male usb plug then google the driver. all wires go color for color except i think yellow. google can find that to.
unfortunately yyou can't just solder uup some wires to a memory card u'll ruin it.

ok u got the cradel, the exploit disc now the easy/complicated part

u load up the game and select the save then run it. the FIRST thing you do is backup and copy your dashboard to the harddrive. if you don't and u erase the dash ur fucked and i'm not kidding u will pretty much brick the xbox.

rule 2 is that u cna't access live with this mod it WILL permantly ban your xbox live account.

now that this is all done, you run the mod backup then finally install, once your all done with all that. linux installation is pretty much over and ur all set to go wild.

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3227
lol, I know I'm behind the loop, but I've never really had the time or resources to do this...lol now I do.

btw, what do you suggest as far as searching for games/emulators over the interwebz? I really want marvel vs capcom.... :-)

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1466
well the installer has it's own disc copier as far as emulators go. honestly not sure never ran any other then gamecube modding and pc emulators but never ran any on xbox.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us