Catching street racers at work :-)

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 3799
So I was just outside before posting this. A couple of street racers were on my property at work. Called in highway patrol and they came by. One Corvette was caught, got his ride towed. No racing on my time! Here, I took a couple of pictures provided by my work cameras.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1737
Good job. I used to work at a grocery store and on Friday and Saturday nights we would have like 60 ricers there. Had to call the cops just so customers had a place to park.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15228
Berny on patrol lol.

Ppl die doing stupid shit like that.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15519
A racetrack would do wonders for this type of hobby.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The poster formerly kn...

Post Number: 2997
good job Bern. It's one thing to have a hobby where you choose to put your own life at risk, it's another thing to have a hobby where you put the lives of tons of other people at risk without their consent.

street racing = g@y

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6951
In PA they used to hold a drag racing event at one of the tracks here sponsored by the state police, not sure if they still do it.

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 3802
And the thing is, Saturdays theres a open track just down a few blocks from my work. I don't know why these guys won't just deal with it there, because I know forsure they attend it, but they still want to race illegally.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7518
"good job Bern. It's one thing to have a hobby where you choose to put your own life at risk, it's another thing to have a hobby where you put the lives of tons of other people at risk without their consent.

street racing = g@y"

Please, if you're stupid enough to place yourself in a dangerous spot there are illegal street races well...you probably shouldn't be there. I've seen hundreds of street races with no problems and hundreds of spectators all enjoying the action without any accidents. Street racing is not g@y but it CAN be dangerous, hell, even racing at a track is dangerous and more people probably get hurt at these events than illegal events but you only hear about the bad things that happen because it's not legal. How many videos can you bring up on the net of a car in a sanctioned race that flys into the stand or crowd? Plenty. Ehren, you've honestly never gone over the speed limit or raced a single car on the road or went to some street races to check it out for a good time? That goes for the rest of you guys as well =/ On the flipside I was at an illegal event where some guy did get into an accident and it was pretty crazy, these two guys decided to race without a spotter(someone who watches for traffic) and a semi-truck pulled out onto the "strip"(Fast And The Furious style) and clipped one of the cars racing( Mitsubishi Eclipse 99 GSX) and the car flew up into the air and snapped a light pole in half and the car came down from 15 feet in the air and amazingly nobody was hurt. This was probably 1 accident out of a 1000 races that I've seen though and the guys racing were being really stupid so... I really hope this year has an exciting illegal racing scene unlike last year :-(

Gold Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1632
dude ur a snitch

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

New quote coming soon, North carolina

Post Number: 985
what if berny hadn't called this in?
think about it what if he decided not to call it in and this happens to be that 1 out of 1000 times when someone wrecks and someone gets hurt or even dies. he wouldn't feel too good about that.
Or what if berny let this go and his boss or someone higher up than him sees that berny let this racing take place and fires berny because of it.

just a thought

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4833
snitches die ugly, mothafucker.

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 3007
"Please, if you're stupid enough to place yourself in a dangerous spot there are illegal street races well...you probably shouldn't be there."

I shouldn't be there? Maybe you missed the point. This discussion is about ILLEGAL street races taking place in public areas.

"I've seen hundreds of street races with no problems and hundreds of spectators all enjoying the action without any accidents."

sounds like a credible statistic.

"Ehren, you've honestly never gone over the speed limit or raced a single car on the road or went to some street races to check it out for a good time?"

Yes, no and no. There isn't much of a street racing scene around here that i know of. I definitely wouldn't seek it out but if I found myself at a street race i might be curious to watch i suppose.

"This was probably 1 accident out of a 1000 races that I've seen though and the guys racing were being really stupid so"

There we have it, street racing is 99.9% safe. I can't argue with those numbers.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 9019
Berny is a snitch for doing his security job by calling the police on street racers on his works property.....Makes sense to me

::sarcasm::

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1020
He Did His Job BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG Deal. i hate when people stick thier nose into my buisness but he was just doing his job. so noones right noones wrong it just happened and berny was there nothing more nothing less. after all he didn't setup a road block and flag people down who drove a fast car. if i understand right, they were on PRIVATE property. so there for they broke the law, reguardless if they were racing or not. i can see you "snitching" point if he was on the street and pulled over to call the cops but it was where he worked and it was what he chose to do. if it were my parking lot at where i worked i prob wouldn't have gave a fucked considering i hated my job but big deal he did his job leave it alone.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15536
So much anger

But then again, you guys may not have had anyone close to you who got killed by those idiots who were just having fun!

Thanks Bernymac for doing your job!

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 3812
No problem Berny. To clear something up, before when they use to race I never called in because they would leave soon and they stopped parking on PRIVATE PROPERTY. So about 2-3 weeks before I posted this, there was a race, I didn't call in and got in trouble even though they wern't even on our property. So why should I care if I ruin their fun since its the same guys over and over! I'm looking out for myself. Do I know them? No. So why should I care if I ruin there time. If you guys consider me a snitch, great :-). I'm glad that you feel that my actions were so wrong to consider me a snitch, especially since it affected you so much, oh yeah! you were there right, in the crowds? Yeah I saw you, meh.

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 3813
"snitches die ugly, mothafucker."

Didn't expect this from someone I talk to often. If thats how you truly feel, great. No problem. I can see if your kidding Reece, but I don't see any thing of that sort.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1650
1. Who the heck is "Berny"? I didn't know we had two berns on here. lol

2. Good job man. These guys should have gone to a track. I know its hard to do something organized like that, and it always seems easier to illegal street race. But people need to just be smarter about it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7534
"I shouldn't be there? Maybe you missed the point. This discussion is about ILLEGAL street races taking place in public areas. "

Well since you haven't been to any street races let me inform you of something. Yes, they're in "public" places but you know what...it's all held on BACK ROADS. People that are at these places go there for the sole purpose of street racing but they just so happen to be industrial parks at times. Have you ever heard of Dodee Rd? What about Chinatown off of Ashland? If you've been to these places you would know what I meant. It's not like these events are held during the day near pre-schools and parks. These events often start at 2am and go all through the night.

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1234
berny's not a snitch he was just doing his job...y should he take responsibility and have a risk of losing his job for them when he doesnt even know them...good call bro....

"It's not like these events are held during the day near pre-schools and parks. These events often start at 2am and go all through the night."

^yep thats usually true they start at like midnight in philly.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7536
""Ehren, you've honestly never gone over the speed limit or raced a single car on the road or went to some street races to check it out for a good time?"

Yes, no and no. There isn't much of a street racing scene around here that i know of. I definitely wouldn't seek it out but if I found myself at a street race i might be curious to watch i suppose. "

Well...when you race you speed. You commit the same offense that street racers do. I've never heard of people who were ticketed/arrested for street racing while doing the SPEED LIMIT. The speed limit is in place to protect people and you have broken that law which endangers other people so you really shouldn't bash street racing. There's no way you can justify it. When you were speeding was it on a busy street or some low traffic area? Either way the law is the law right? If you've broken the speed limit you're just as bad as any street racer IMO.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15546
"it's all held on BACK ROADS"

If you think that is the case...you are deluding yourself. It is not "ALL on back roads. Were the pictures above held on a back road? Do you have any idea how stupid your claim is? "All held on BACK ROADS"...are you kidding me? YOU are missing the point! You are rationalizing an action already considered illegal and justifying it by claiming they are "ALL held on back roads".

I hope you don't ever have a loved one get hit by one of these idiots who were considerate enough not to hold their street race near a park or public school.}

Gold Member

Post Number: 7537
Berny, you must live under a rock. Where have you seen hundreds of cars gather on a public street all lined up and ready to go? I haven't I was speaking of the EVENTS we have here, not just 2 cars going head to head. I have never once seen an event held on a public street with pedestrians not to mention these EVENTS that I speak of are held in the AM like I said. Look at those pictures, what do you notice? What I notice is that there aren't any PEOPLE standing around to get hurt, I also don't see too many people that can get hurt aside from the street racers themselves. I never said I was justifying anything so don't assume, you'll make an a s s out of U and me but more than likely just yourself in this case.

"I hope you don't ever have a loved one get hit by one of these idiots who were considerate enough not to hold their street race near a park or public school.}"

Please, I have two friends I went to school with from Kindergarten until I quit high school where one went through the windshield and died and the other lost his legs. That's what happens some times when you're street racing sure but that won't stop me or my other friends from doing it. Accidents happen all the time.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7538
I can see why Bernymac did what he did and I don't blame him. With his job on the line I understand why he made the call so I'm not bashing him at all. I must say that I almost lost my job 2 years ago because I got blamed for something I didn't do but I never ratted out the guys who did it. One of them actually went and turned himself in after I took the fall for it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3009
"If you've broken the speed limit you're just as bad as any street racer IMO."

Upload

Username: Jblsince1989

Post Number: 9
Upload

Post Number: 10
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 7544
Ehren, the name "Jenova Project" makes me immediately think of Final Fantasy =/

Gold Member

Post Number: 7545
Ehren, also if you're heading to the city taking I-55 north get off on Pulaski and about 40th street, there's a Burger King there. When you get off of the ramp go south and make a right before you get to that Burger King and drive past 4 streets and then make a left, it's an industrial park but you have to see the snapped light pole to believe how high up in the air that Eclipse got, crazy stuff man.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19611
lol berny. looks like you had live view of fast and furious. lol. except the cars were nicer here. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3010
"Ehren, the name "Jenova Project" makes me immediately think of Final Fantasy =/"

Mission accomplished! And not just any FF either, the best one.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7555
Well...some people say that 1 is the best but I think 7 is and always will be the best. Crisis Core just came out though. I was about 12-13 years old when FF7 came out, I think it took 60 hours to beat back then =/ Completely owning everything took a lot more work if you killed all the "weapons".

Gold Member

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 4850
I thought my post was quite obviously a joke. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6118
holy sh;t coccon is back!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Upload
We like to rent your boat?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15304
Please keep your hands inside at all times and please hold onto the bar!

Been some time.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Upload

Damn, I missed the live launch of STS-123 Endeavour and the landing. Thou I watched the replay of the launch on NASA TV.

Illegal driving is common issue where I live I see all types cars that knock down road signs and then drive off without a single care in the world to the damage to car or to road sign. Mopeds that take illegal turnings into the wrong road where traffic would normally drive down the same path only from ahead of these Muppets!

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6119
the off topic section just got way OT again

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15313
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
^^^^Have you tried topic it's a chewy sweet with nuts I think?

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15315
Lol. Nope.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Upload

Gold Member