Archive through December 28, 2008I'm not gay but $20 100
Archive through July 16, 2008Rob100
Closed: New threads not accepted on this page

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 4358
Carwin is a BEAST!! R.I.P. Mir!!!
i told ya this guy is for real. !st time I see Brock with any real competition. J.D.S, And Cain Velasquez are right there with Carwin. Can wait to see this unfold!!. Finally a HW class worth a chit!

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9576
Mark, that elbow shattered Vera's face haha. Maybe he'll come off of that high horse now.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4386
He won't Rob. Almost all fighters are cocky as hell, you know this. Brandon Vera's cockiness does not bother me AT ALL, when he talks sh!t, he does it with a smile on his face, he seems like a likable guy to me. Vera does have the perfect guard to defend Jones' G&P, and was doing a nice job, credit to JJ for showing all it takes is one good shot from him, he's a great fighter.

Carwin VS. Mir - Mir I'd say is just flat out arrogant, to the point that I think he lets it influence his game plan, and it's a shame. I honestly think he believed he was the better striker and could beat Carwin on his feet. Anything can happen, and Mir has shown he can knock guys out too, but it was just a dumb game plane against Carwin. Hopefully if he ever fights Lesnar again he'll also rethink the idea of having that behemoth on top of him. It's great that he has lots of skills in his arsenal, but he needs to go back to his roots, get guys down in a dominant position frank, and you can submit pretty much anyone, remember?

St. Pierre VS. Hardy - zZzZzZz... Another boring GSP fight. He's one of the best fighters on the planet no question about it. I can't say I'm a fan though. Still say the guy isn't a finisher. When he has finished guys it's cause they gave up or let him catch them in something easy. He does not have the killer instinct of some of the other greats, such as Anderson or B.J.

Florian vs. Gomi - Hadn't seen much of Gomi prior to this fight, looks like another UFC hype machine. They were calling him "the greatest lightweight of all time next to BJ Penn". Well Florian DOMINATED him and made him look like an amateur so... hopefully just a fluke performance?

On a side note, how about Ross Pearson? Of all the fights on these past three cards, his was one of the standouts to me. I'm officially a fan. He just gets it, and he's only 25. His standup looked fantastic against Dennis Siver. Everyone he works with says he's not only a hard worker, but that he's got an extremely high MMA IQ. I look forward to seeing more of him.

UFC 112 -

Maia has no chance. None. If Maia pulls off something crazy I would be shocked. If this fight were going to start on the ground, with Maia on top, I'd still pick Anderson to win. I think this will be a hugely disappointing fight, Thales Leites all over again.

BJ vs. Edgar has the potential to be a great fight. I can't pick against BJ, he's one of the greatest ever, and he's my favorite fighter. I'm a Frankie Edgar fan too, he has great boxing, and he's scrappy, so I think he can put up a good fight. Hell of a lot better than Diego Sanchez at least LMAO (f@#$ you diego).

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9583
Jon Jones is definitely a beast, made quick work of Vera and made him look silly. When I said he broke Vera's face, I meant he has a broken cheekbone and orbital from that elbow.

Watch Carwin Vs. Mir again, Mir looks wayyy too relaxed and paid for it. While watching you can see that Mir has Carwin against the fence and just allows Carwin to put him up against the fence like nothing and takes the first uppercut and does nothing. I guess he got surprised by the next couple of shots but he wasn't surprised until he woke up haha. You can tell he was looking past Carwin by his own talk before the Carwin fight, all he did was talk about Lesnar, big mistake.

GSP Vs. Hardy- Definitely a snooze fest, thank Greg Jackson's fight camp for teaching fighters how to get a safe, easy win. Unfortunately we would all prefer fighters who put on exciting fights, this is supposed to be entertainment after all right?

Ross Pearson- Been watching this guy since he was on TUF and has ALWAYS put on great fights, he works hard, keeps moving, is aggressive and wins. I think things will be dangerous as he moves into the higher tier of fighters and will lose but he'll always be exciting a' la' Clay Guida style.

UFC 112

Maia....why? It's ridiculous to have him fighting A. Silva after losing by K.O. to Nate Marquardt and then winning a single fight, complete B.S. and the guy he beats is Dan Miller for the title shot?! Dan Miller is a low tier fighter and should not have rocketed anyone into a shot against A. Silva but I guess there was nobody else to feed to Silva, what a shame.

Penn Vs Edgar- I think the hype machine is out in full effect for this fight. I really don't see little Frankie having anything to pull Penn apart but I think he may last the longest of Penn's most recent victims.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4388
I'm dying to see Anderson in a real fight. Machita... Shogun... Jon Jones... not that any of those will happen but that's what I'd like to see.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9584
Haha, that's what everyone wants to see Ehren but we probably won't. We may see Shogun Vs. Silva if Shoguns beats Machida though. Jon Jones is going to be fed fights before he's allowed a title shot according to Dana White, something like four fights or so...lame.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4406
I'm glad everyone is starting to realize what an arrogant, disrespectful douchebag Silva is.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9597
Lol, A. Silva's reason is supposedly this-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TOegQIJ_RQ

It's a BS reason and Silva does like F'ing around anyways, you can believe I wasn't happy with the fight. Oh well, hopefully his upcoming match with Chael Sonnen will be a bit better. After that people are thinking he'll drop to 170 and fight with GSP, I don't think this is really going to happen though, we'll see.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4427
Not enough time to make a real post now... but my initial thoughts on UFC 113 Montreal:

-Shogun is finally awarded the title he won 6 months ago.

-Paul Daley deserves much worse than a fine IMO.

-Josh Koscheck is hilarious, I think I'm his only fan.

-Kimbo should fight for a different organization.

-Alan Belcher is a very talented fighter, and apparently an even more talented comedian based on what he said post-fight.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4431
comments on Pit's post:

Shogun obviously studied Machida's off balance - kinda-outta-knowwhere-cross punch that he has beat most people with and used that to beat him. Shogun got caught with it early but was ready for it and demolished him when he threw it.. Solved the "how to beat Machida " puzzle.

Paul Daley will NEVER-EVER-EVER fight for the UFC again... NEVER!!!! Guarnteed Fact- trust me

Wrong-- We our his only 2 fans lol (Kosh)

Kimbo WILL HAVE to fight for a different orginazation. He will be cut from UFC--- another Guarnteed fact.. trust me

Dana agrees with Belcher.. IDC who does it, but Silva needs to get beat.. Hopefulyl one day Anderson and Mir can do a 205 catch weight fight like Mir wants... Would probably the 1st time I root for Mir to win a fight..lol

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4428

quote:

Solved the "how to beat Machida " puzzle.

For the second time.

quote:

Paul Daley will NEVER-EVER-EVER fight for the UFC again... NEVER!!!! Guarnteed Fact- trust me

Kimbo WILL HAVE to fight for a different orginazation. He will be cut from UFC--- another Guarnteed fact.. trust me

Both of these announcements were official news first thing Sunday morning. I trust you anyway though lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4432
lol.. they were also words from Dana's mouth during post fight press confrence..

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1601
Whats ur thoughts on 114?

My picks - Evans over Rampage - as much as I don't really like him but I think he will be quicker than Rampage.

Bisping over Miller
Hathaway over Sanchez. I really dislike Sanchez now
Amir over Kim - I think he has potential. One of the fights I seen of his was really unfair (i think he was poked in the eye badly and ended up gettin KOed.)

I wanna see Guillard fight....but wtf it 'may not be broadcast'.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4451
I just think Rashad is more focused and passionate about fighting right now. I question Rampages motives. If Rampage IS focused, watch out, cause his list of career victories is IMPRESSIVE. But Shad has a great record as well, only one loss which was to an elite opponent, and a bunch of wins against top tier competition. Ultimately, I'll take Rashad cause I think he's as passionate and focused as anyone. With Ramp, I wonder if he's more interested in making movies and being funny on TV and whatnot. Shad is quicker and more athletic. Shad by decision.

Bisping over Miller by knockout.

Duffee over Russow by TKO. Very excited for this fight as well. Todd Duffee is a flat out BEHEMOTH. If ever there was a guy who could possibly match Brock Lesnars raw strength and power, it could be Duffee. Maybe not quite yet, but this KID is only 24, and he's already a monster, and amazingly agile for his size/strength.

Nog over Brilz.

Sanchez over Hathaway. Hate to say that. I have despised Diego since day one. I knew he would get absolutely sh!t on by BJ. Figures his puzzy azz would take 6 months off and then come back to fight non-elite competition. At least now maybe he knows he can't touch the top tier fighters. I hope I'm wrong and he gets crushed.

Amir over Kim. This fight should be AWESOME. Great matchup. I love Amir. Such an intelligent fighter, and I LOVE nothing more than watching fighters who effectively use straight kicks. Rooting for Amir bigtime.

Some will look at this as a weak card since there is no title fight, but I think it's underrated. Shad/Ramp isn't just a grudge match, it's a great match, and a few of the other fights have awesome potential as well.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14175
I got to get back in to watching the ufc it was decent entertainment

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 14075
UFC is better than Boxe now!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14177
actually I like to watch boxing sometimes too

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4464
Cliff notes:

-Rampage looked rusty and unfocused as I suspected he'd be.

-Someone in Dan Miller's corner needed to inform him: "You're losing the striking, take him down".

-Duffee suffered the craziest, most unexpected loss I've ever seen, but I'm no less excited about his future.

-Brilz got robbed, I'm getting annoyed with biased judges' decisions.

-Hathaway looks good, Sanchez will be gone and forgotten in a year or two.

-Amir needs some serious takedown defense and wrestling work.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4458
I called.. Lil' Nog by biased judges. Britz destroyed him..
easily 2- in Britz's favor.. Not even close. Can't leave it to the Judges when yiou are fighting a"Name"..

Holy Sh!t, does that dude that Duffee was destroying have a chin!!!!!!! And apparently he has a right cross as well ! LMAO. IDK who was more surprized, Me or him.. Was crazy..

Rampage is not a true fighter anymore.. He has too many other things on his plate. He looked mediocre at best. As much as I hate Evans, he wanting to win the fight.. I was dissapointed that he went back to him non finishing ways... He'll be KO'ed in 2 in his next fight... I would rather see evans and Bonez go at it though..

Hathaway was sharp. Sanchez is all but done...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14250
Anyone know a link where I can watch these recent fights?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14251
never mind I found a site

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14252
actually is there a site with larger quality video other than

http://www.mmator.com/

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14253
I just realized theres a hq option on the site but those links dont work

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9631
I've been too lazy to post on the thread that I created pretty fail =/

Anyhow...

Rashad did more than I expected him to in this fight that's for sure, I won't mind watching him against Shogun.

Bisping isn't exciting to watch but the folks over east sure do love him, I wouldn't care if he got axed from the UFC. He's just an average fighter if that.

Duffee, big lol about Duffee who was supposed to be the new best thing in the HW class. Coming off of a 7 second KO and then getting KOed like nothing, what a joke and I think most people will agree with me that Russow is a LIGHT WEIGHT, he has so much body fat on him that if he were to cut it he would EASILY make 205 but eh, either he has some great punching power or Duffee really has a pathetic chin, I'm not sure which it is.

I was glad to see Amir knocked down on the ladder because he's not all that and the UFC is pushing him too hard to draw a specific fan base.

Nog...what a BS fight, Nog got beat but oh well.

Up next we have UFC 115- Liddell VS. Franklin

I don't really care for either of them anymore but I think I'd rather see Franklin win in a way and in another way I'd rather see Liddell win. I know that Liddell won't resort to layNpray or submissions and such to win, he always uses his one tool that he has(even though he may have many) and that's his hands. It's a shame that UFC seems like such a weak event. Cro-cop definitely past his prime long ago.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4491
So, is mmator the best way to watch them for free that we know of?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4464
DL sopcast player and install... i'll send you some channel links via email... let me know, i'll try to check to see if you want the links. Watching it now. Or call me if ya like. 337-438-2957.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4465
Barry fu<ked up and was too confident. Cro-Cop(who now looks oriental due to punches to his cheek) out classed him and what???? subbed him? lol

Hate tro see Liddell's career end, but its time... Great fight though... WOW.. Frankins arm is fu<ked!!! lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 4466
Ohhhh and WTF? A hug and laughter with 37 secends to go in a round?? If you watched it you'll know who/what I'm talking about..
Didn't like the multiple non-power kicks by Cro-Cop (except the Axe-kick). Just didn't seem like they belonged in that fight...

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4493
Thanks Mark, I'll have to look into that for next time. I was busy Saturday night (got laid), so I just ended up reading about all the fights.

P.S. I'm putting your number in my phone so I can harass you when I'm drunk.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4467
What makes you think that I actually gave you a good number? lmao

Seriously, call whenever... I ain't scared lol..

Let's hear them Lesnar -Carwin Picks....

I'm go against my gut and say Lesnar 3rd rd. tko.. I really like both and have no real preference, but I'm gonna stick with the champ.. Won't be a bit surprised if it's Carwin 1st or 2nd rd K.O.,, but who knows... I'm just pumped and ready for it..

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1631
Well first off....great job Rich....although I think a couple more of those fists from Liddell wud have knocked him the fckk out...
Is that really it for Liddell's career? Is he now retiring?

Fck ya i can't wait for Lesnar vs Carwin....Lesnar ALL the way!
I say one of them is getting KOed in 2nd round.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9639
I'm more leaned towards Carwin K.O.'ing Lesnar, we've only seen Lesnar hit by a 205er and by a crappy knee from Mir. I really don't care who wins but I don't think Lesnar has been tested by the power of a real H.W.(Mir lacks that brute strength IMO).

I think Liddell may have one fight left. They'll give him Tito and win or lose that will really be the end of Liddell, it'd be nice for him to end his career on a K.O. of Tito.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9640
Don't forget that tonight is the TUF finale.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4394
So who do you guys got in Couture vs James Toney?

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9641
Ugh lol. Couture shouldn't be forced into that "freakshow".

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4507
He's hardly being forced, Rob. He asked for it. When rumors first started floating that Toney might cross over to MMA, Randy came out and said he wanted to be the one to "welcome him in".

Honestly, I think it could be a dangerous matchup for Randy. That's not to say I think Toney has any real future in MMA, I just don't think Randy's takedowns are very explosive at this point in his career. Toney is an UNBELIEVABLE boxer, like all-time in terms of his movement and timing with his counter-punches. I'm just saying, IF Toney can avoid/weather the first few attempts Randy makes at grabbing ahold of him, I think Randy'll get knocked out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4470
I am tired of beingsurprised by couture.. So I gotta go with him in the octagon, BUT I won't be surprized to see a KO from a world class boxer.. .. I cant think of any UFC figher with the boxing pedigree of Toney, It's easy to say that so and so has good stand-up, but I highly doubt that he will find much real competition in the UFC (boxing wise).. But that wont be enough to get him by the well rounded studs in the HW class.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14362
I want to see this fight when is it?

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1641
IMO....I think Randy should seriously consider actually retiring and save himself while he can. He is a GREAT fighter, but I think its time now.

Also is Mark Coleman still fighting?
IMO thats another one that gotta go if he still fighting.

To me, its better to leave looking good with win streak than to retire with a lose streaks.

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4395
I actually think its a bad matchup for Randy. Only way I see him winning is by taking Toney down and laying on him for 3 rounds. Randy won't be able to use his dirty boxing against Toney like he can against others.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1643
yea.

So anyone watching strikeforce tonight?

Fedor vs Werdum....whats your thoughts? Another KO?

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4508
I'm sure Fedor will probably win easily and remain the most overrated fighter on the planet. I expect him to continue to steer clear of the UFC where there are probably a dozen heavyweights who would stomp him.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1644
I just don't think he has seen REAL competition yet.
I would like to see Fedor vs Carwin that would be a great match. Brock will prob fck him reaal bad and Mir would prob submit him too easily. I guess thts why he is too afraid to come to UFC.

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4397
Werdum with the submission win early in 1st round!!

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4509
hahahaha fedor sucks.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1645
LMFAO.....thats what I'm talking about.
Thats just a SMALL taste of what UFC is like Emeily!

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4510
Not even!! I think Werdum is pretty average by UFC standards. I vividly remember him looking pathetic against Andre Arlovski years ago, and getting CRUSHED by Junior DosSantos.

Let me be reasonable here. I don't think Fedor is a total hack. I just think he has fought against relatively low level competition compared to the UFC. I honestly would like to see him head to the UFC, and start fighting at 205lbs which he could make easily. I think he'd knock a lot of guys out at 205. If he were to fight at HW? Well, like I said, I think there's a bunch of guys that would crush him.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1646
Your right - he isn't that bad. But he is over rated

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1651
WTH - anyone heard about Keith Jardine getting fired???

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4512
I was never a fan anyway. IMO, he had some big wins because he's an unorthodox fighter that people had a hard time dealing with at first.

It's like a major league pitcher with a unique throwing style. For a while, the uniqueness is a huge advantage, but at some point, opponents begin to adjust and figure you out. That's what has happened to Jardine, and now he's just a guy with average striking, average wrestling, average jiu jitsu....

You can't lose 4 fights in a row. You just can't.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1659
I just have a feeling that Brock is going to get knocked out cold.

I hope not - dammit I can't wait for this match.

What u guys think about Leben and Akayama? You think Leben can take on this pretty boy? Leben seems like a pretty though SOB.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4472
I don't see Leban getting past Akayama..

I'm rootin for Lesnar, but I really like Carwin too. !!I'm loosing sleep over this.

I'm ready for the Nelson/ DeSantos fight next payperview too.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9642
We have yet to see Lesnar get chin checked. Unless you're one of the silly scrubs that think Couture tested it @ 225 pounds of a little pseudo-heavyweight. If Carwin hits Lesnar he's going to feel it undoubtedly. I really don't think Carwin's chin has been tested by beastly power either though(sure Zaga hit him but eh...). Regardless, it's going to be a sweet fight that I've been looking forward to. I'd rather have Carwin take the victory but regardless I don't really mind who wins. As for Leben/Sexyama...I don't really care about this fight they're trying to sell.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4516
My gut says Lesnar finishes Carwin. Either way I'm just excited to see the fight. We're going to see something we haven't seen much of either way. Lesnar's standup OR Carwin having to deal with a monster from his back.

I'm also pretty apathetic about the Leben/Sexyama fight. Leben just annoys me, he thinks he's like the knockout king of MMA, like any fighter is crazy to stand with him. I'd like to see him get blazed.

Lytle vs. Brown should be brawltastic. I'll take Brown by KO.

Pelligrino vs. Sotorapolous (sp) is a sick fight as well. I can't even make a pick at this very moment. Two really awesome lightweights.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4474
HOLY SH!T!!! I thought Carwin would have to weather the storm... Boy was I wrong!! BUT!!!!! It only took one time for Lesnar to get on top of him... good night!! Great fight.. Can't wait for a rematch..

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1670
lol...yea i thought Carwin had it for a minute. Brock is the fcking man!!!

btw - is it me or does Brocks legs look tiny compared to his upper body? By no means does is upper body look normal but ddaaamn his legs look really skinny.

And a tan wouldn't hurt either lmao.

Rematch????

Anyways - so now its Brock vs Cain - i don't think Cain would stand a chance with Brock. Yea Cain is tough but no means do I think he can brawl with Brock. Guess we will just have to see.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4475
Brocks Stand-up compared to Carwin was a Joke (but I will give some of that to ring rust), and Cain wont gas out after 1 round, but I still don't see him beating Brock.

You will never change the true Brock haters and they are coming up with the theorys and excuses to why Brock still should not be the Champ..
-The Ref shoulda stopped the fight in the 1st round- Carwin Got screwed
-Brock got on top of a gassed out fighter who's cardio isn't top notch

I've watched the fight 3 times and admittingly I thought the fight was about to be called, but Brock did do what 12 others couldn't do and that's survive a brutal round.. It's not Lesnars fault that Carwin hasn't fought past the 1st round... But Brock winning by submission opens a scary window.. We'll see what improvments Brock will make before the next fight. He as yet to dissapoint when it comes to fixing holes in his game..

I feel real sorry for Carwins next opponent. You might want to put his next opponent on your prayer list lmfao.

and check this sh!t out. I lol'ed

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/7/3/1550533/james-toney-breakdowns-ufc-116

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1671
" But Brock winning by submission opens a scary window"
- absolutely.

If im not mistaken, Carwin landed about 60 something power shots while Brock only landed 2. I still think Carwin could have gotten KOed if Brock landed more fists.

That video you gave from the link doesn't work - video keeps just loading

Gold Member

Post Number: 4476
I just rewatched the vid from this link and it worked fine. try again..

Guess who gets the winner of Lesnar vs. Cain....

Just who I wanted to see....

JSD vs. Roy Nelson winner

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4551
I really hope Chael Sonnen pulls off a miracle. I'm really rooting for him, especially based on all the chatter leading up to this fight. Credit to Chael for calling out Anderson for being an arrogant azzhole.

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4399
Roger Huerta beat some dudes a'ss that punched a girl. TMZ was there. lol. Too bad you can't see everything but you get to see before and after.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/08/04/roger-huerta-caught-on-tape-in-street-figh t/

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4575
LETS GO CHAEL!!! DO WORK SON!!!!!!!!

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4577
Wow. Just wow.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1756
I missed out and its not on mmashare yet

Reviews?

I know Silva got his @ss kicked but still won by submission.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4494
Crowd at beginning of fight-- SILVA-SILVA-SILVA

2nd thru middle of 5th round--SONNEN-SONNEN-SONNEN- SON------ WTF? SILVA-SILVA-SILVA

was fu<kin' halarious
rogans said at ~2:00 in the 5th round " Is it too early to celebrate?" then it was over lol

Hughes sub was sick..
Props to Nelson.. Great Hheart and chin..JDS has sick uppercuts..Beautiful presice strikes .....and good luck with Lesnar (assuming he will beat Cain), Mr. JDS. He has 1 serious hole in his game (JDS) He drops his left hand too much. He will be K.O. by an overhand right before too long..

Hellofa Comeback.... again Streuve. even better FAT LIP! WOW!

Fitch is underrated and Alves is done at anything below 185#..

Clay is a trainers dream.. Listens and exacutes..

Great Event..

Now I'm really ready for Toney vs. Couture.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4495
Forgot. Sonnen ruined what respect he gained with the not admitting tapout. a shame really.. He fought so well..

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3185
I thought last night I would finally see something amazing happen but I just had that little piece of me saying, "nope, too good to be true". i still can't believe how many hits he took and looked totally unscathed. the guy doesn't bleed lol. Silva has never been in that position before and it shows how vulnerable he can be against someone who isn't intimidated by him.

overall a lot of good fights last night.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4578
I didn't lose any respect for Chael. In the post fight interview, he didn't make any excuses or claim that he didn't tap. He just said he came up short, anderson won, period. I haven't heard of him making any excuses yet.

I think Chael was slipping out of the triangle right as he began to tap. That's why his hand only tapped literally once. I think for a few moments, he wasn't even sure, and was thinking "Wait, did i tap yet? I got out of it!!" After Rosenthal telling him repeatedly that it was over, and seeing the replay, Chael 100% accepted defeat as far as I could tell.

Anyways, as disappointed as I was, I still think it was an awesome fight. The middleweight division is interesting again. Chael beat the sh!t out of Anderson, completely dominating him for 23 minutes. I think the UFC should immediately schedule a rematch. Anderson won, but I think Chael was clearly the superior fighter last night, outside of a careless mistake at the end.

The way other fighters look at Anderson will completely change now. He is no longer invincible. Chael truly believed he could beat the guy, and then proved that he could, even though he didn't. Other middleweight title contenders will be foaming at the mouth now that we've seen Anderson is beatable.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9659
Until Anderson is beat he remains unbeatable Ehren =/

I find it funny how many people think that A. Silva was actually giving it his all because they suddenly want to jump onto the Sonnen wagon. I might believe Sonnen was capable of beating Silva IF Silva didn't A. Allow himself to be punched in the face a few times and B.Actually had an active guard. This is by far the worst Silva we've seen and it's not because Sonnen is that great, sure he's pretty good but how great is a hunter that can't finish wounded prey?

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9660
Silva said he applied the fight-ending move in honor of his Brazilian jiu-jitsu mentor Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. Like he did in the Octagon, the 35-year-old champion also mentioned sustaining a "bad injury" to his rib training with Olympic judo gold medalist Satoshi Ishii about a week and a half before the fight.

"The doctor told me I shouldn't fight, but I believe the show must go on," said Silva. "Again, it's not an excuse, but I just wanted to come in here and put it all on the line and that's what I did." -Sherdog

Gold Member

Post Number: 4496
As an avid Silva hater, I refuse to believe that Silva was anywhere near 100% last night. His standup was outclassed by Sonnenin every aspect except the 1st 10 seconds of the 2nd round. This is the same Silva who toyed with excellent strikers (Franklin, Griffin, ect...). Is Sonnen THAT good? FU<K NO! Chael deserves credit for what he did to Silva once he got him down, but if Silva was like he normally is, I don't see Chael taking him down at will.. He might get to Silva once or twice in the fight, but nothing like we saw light night... I have no problems believing Silva with his hurt ribs statment.. I too want to see a rematch with hopes of a Sonnen victory, but highly doubtful that it will make it out of the first couple of rounds.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4579
If Silva was hurt and not at 100%, fine, I can deal with that. But don't tell me he wasn't trying, Rob. Him getting punched in the face in the first round while his hands were at his sides, was the result of one of his biggest weaknesses as a fighter IMO, which is his arrogance and overconfidence. He's been able to get away with that against other fighters, because he is extremely quick, but more importantly because most fighters recently haven't truly attacked him. He's had guys throwing halfhearted strikes either trying to feel him out or set up takedowns.

To imply that he wasn't trying from his guard, is just silly to me, unless you're saying the fight was fixed in some way, which I don't think it was. I thought he was as active as he could be, elbowing frantically at times, and almost constantly trying to get his legs up for armbar/triangle attempts. For four and a half rounds mostly on the ground, I think Silva was absolutely trying, he was just getting dominated. Sonnen doesn't just sit on top, he works. He was busy 100% of the time land elbows, hammers, punches, smacking his ears, grinding on Silva's face. Silva got fu<king worked. Chael landed plenty of big shots, it's not like Silva was toying with him or something, that sh!t was not fun for Anderson.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4497
I wasn't implying that Silva never tried in any position. I have already stated that Chael wuld get to him a couple times and I have little doubt that Sonnen could keep him down once he got to him.. Just not at will AND with striking..

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9661
Lol, Ehren I'd like to see how well you perform with rib injuries. You'd probably be in bed all teary-eyed and fappin'.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4580
That sounds like me even without a rib injury, Rob.

I'm not sure what your point is though. I was responding to your implication that Anderson wasn't "giving it his all". I sure as hell think he was trying.

A rib injury is no joke, but I do question the legitimacy of his injury claim. He looked to be moving quite well to me, every bit as quick and agile as usual, jumping into kicks and knees at times. A legit rib injury can make it difficult to even breathe comfortably, let alone move the way he was during the fight. If he had an injury it must have been pretty fu<king mild, because it didn't appear to be affecting him at all in my opinion.

On a side note, why even bring the supposed injury up? Just sounds like he's making excuses to me. I mean, he pulled out a victory... he won... he keeps the belt... why even bring it up?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4498
Poor choice of wording maybe.. I half azzed looked for where I said that to no avail.. But I'm high as he_ll though.. Sounds like I was meaning that he wasn't giving what he is usually capable of giving. No one knows really except Anderson's inner circle of people.. I really don't like Anderson at all and hope that this event leads to his downfall.. Just don't see Sonnen being the one to do it.. Maybe will find out with an immediate rematch... If not, I really like the other alternative for Anderson.. Vitor Belfort used to have some killer hands.... I remember what he did to Vandi many years ago... Was sick as he_ll.. Would love to see something like that to Anderson if Vitor still has it in him.

Bronze Member
Username: Cenus

Post Number: 99
silva doesn't win fights he does what he has to, to not lose. lol sure hes the top p4p fighter im not saying he isn't but seriously look at his last few fights he doesn't even try to win, just dances around like a monkey and shows off. chael was a wrsetler and take down person, id like to see a top class striker fight silva then well his azz get KO'd when he goes danceing around.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9662
Uhh, I'm pretty sure Silva wins fights. Anyhow, I hope you guys have been keeping up with the WEC because they have some of the most intense, action packed fights ever, better fights than the UFC that's for sure.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1772
so Batista is signing with strikeforce. If i'm not mistaken, he may be fighting Bobby Lashley first. Both have come from WWE. Batista is a beast - i've seen him wrestle and he has decent speed for his size. He's been training really hard for the past couple of months for MMA. Would be really nice if he came to UFC but I don't think thats happening.

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
not really. silvas last fight was good. but the 2 before that sucked. hed win the round with a couple punches or w e then hed dance around the rest of the round to win a descion. and i don't belive the whole ohh silva was hurt BS, every fighter is hurt going into a fight. to train at the levels these guys train at your gonna get injured training. im sure cheal was hurting going in there.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9666
Skullz, Bobby Lashley just lost last weekend and he lost horribly. He's not what people thought he was and they're saying not to judge him off of this one fight. Well, in this fight he showed no skills except for bad wrestling/GNP.

Dustin, yes really. Silva wins fights no matter what fashion. Saying he doesn't win fights is like saying this isn't a forum because it is. I agree his lackluster performances have sucked but he still has the belt BECAUSE he WINS FIGHTS.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4610
Rob, I think Dustin is aware that Silva has gotten W's in his fights. And I think you know the point he's trying to make, which is that Silva has been more focused on proving he can't be beaten, rather than that he can go out and dominate/finish guys.

I think Dustin was just pointing out the way that Silva has been more inclined lately to dance around like a monkey. He wants to show guys up, like it's a given that he's the greatest around and how dare these opponents even step in the ring with him, rather than being a professional, and actually fighting with the purpose other fighters do. He's paid to compete as an MMA fighter, and showcase his skills. NOT to put on a sideshow like a f@#$ing clown.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1788
Lashley has a LOT to learn still. Some moron actually tried to compare this match to Lesnar and Mir. Mir is a much more competitive fighter than Griggs period. Not even in the same fcking category.... I don't remember where i heard that but whoever said that must have been on some sh!t.

Anyways, i'm not a huge fan of Lashley. I wanna see Batista tear a new one for him.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9667
Silva doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to. He's making mad money and I don't think he cares. He's in a position where the UFC needs him more than he needs the UFC because he has options due to being arguably the best P4P fighter in the world.

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
as i said earlier silva is the top p4p fighter im not saying he isn't, its just his fights have sucked here lately. hes not going out an dominating his oppenetes like he used to. he goes out and does what he has to not to lose. which i mean he can do watever he wants untill someone stops him i gurantee hell keep doing it. although witht he way dana runs the ufc i wouldn't be surprised to see something happen to silva if he doesn't deliver in fights. i would like to see if silva could go down a weight class and see if hes still that good,

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4611

quote:

He's in a position where the UFC needs him more than he needs the UFC

I couldn't disagree more. The UFC doesn't need Silva AT ALL. Hell, the guy has already lost half his fans. The UFC was already the worlds fastest growing sport, absolutely soaring in popularity, long before Anderson came up. If Anderson were to keep goofing around and get booted, it'd be terrible for his career. Sure he could fight for another organization, where he'd make WAYYYYY less money due to smaller purses, less endorsements, less popularity etc. The UFC doesn't need Anderson at all.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4499
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd40/hittinone/fuckanderson.gif

Made this gif. thought it was fitting.lol

Gold Member

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3204
i'm pretty sure where Silva hails from he had made enough USD to live like a Sultan for the rest of his life span lol. he's accomplished a bit more than most ever have/will so i would imagine he's pretty satisfied with where he's sitting. i don't think he would care if his career ended a little early, especially since he'd get the Roy Jones fight.

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4405
My picks for UFC 118

Lauzon
Marcus Davis
Florian
Maia
Toney via side check kick. LMAO. Nah. I got Randy. Read up on Toney's side check kick though.....its funny
Penn gets the win and setups another re-match.

Also, shout out to Mike Pierce who got another win. Went to school with the guy.

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4406
DAYYYUUUMMM!! Lauzon just whooped Ruediger's A$S!!

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4409
Damnit, it looks like another Diaz douche win.

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4412
Maynard with the win over Ken-Flo.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4500
i can't wait... Ready to see Couture and Toney.. Streaming is the chit..

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4413
Yep. What do you use? I use sop cast and ad the.net Take the space out of both of those.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4501
Sop cast... MMA-TV is the channel

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4414
HERE WE GO!!!!

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4415
YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH BBBBBOOOOOIIIIIII!!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4502
Nighty night. LMFAO.. looked like whitey keeping the black man down.. lmao I've never seen a dude hit the ground so fast... lmao.. I Love it!!

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1794
ufc! ufc! ufc! haha

Great night.

I dislike Penn so I'm glad he lost.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9668
It wouldn't matter if Anderson got booted from the UFC. You do realize that Strikeforce pays fighters better than the UFC pays their fighters? Of course they don't have nearly as many fighters but this is the reason a lot of guys left the UFC for Strikeforce, this is why FEDOR went to Strikeforce(SF), SF paid Fedor and agreed to promotions what the UFC wouldn't, SF paid Shamrock what the UFC wouldn't. SUPPOSEDLY their numbers are doing well enough to continue to do so too.

On UFC118, great fights from start to finish for the most part. The Maynard/Florian fight was the least entertaining of them all though, I hope to see Edgar tear through Maynard and his cute little tramp stamp.

Up next; UFC Fight Night 22, hopefully Marquardt got his sh1t together and comes to fight, other than seeing him fight I'm also looking forward to seeing Ross Pearson get another W.

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
anderson said he wanted to retire after his contract with ufc is up, highly doubt hell do to strikeforce anyway. hes beating everyone in the ufc can u imagine what itd be like in strikeforce? sh1t hed probally go up a weight class win the championship and go down a weight class and win a championship. anyway fight night 22 was lack luster for me.

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4429
http://www.cagepotato.com/sonnen-tests-positive-peds-ufc-117-csac-says

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9674
Yea...that's MMA for ya =/

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4669
Skipping UFC119. I have work to do tonight, and I can't justify paying $45 to watch it alone at home.

Just watched the prelims, and the Mitrione/Beltran fight was awesome. I like Mitrione. I thought he was as big a douchebag as I'd ever seen on TUF, but he seems different since then. He's got great size and reach, and he moves really well for a heavyweight. Not to mention he's one of the only guys who seems to give a reasonably intelligent post-fight interview.

MORE IMPORTANTLY - Did you see the new ring girl? Holy f@#$ing sh!t. She makes the other ring girls look like dogs IMO. She has the most beautiful, perfect azz I've ever seen in my life.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23540

quote:

She has the most beautiful, perfect azz I've ever seen in my life.

Pics please.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1836
lol. she was good. BTW - Arianny is now doing playboy!!!!

Anyways, it was an OK night. I can't believe Sherk won. I swear these judges are watching a different match.

Serra got his @ss handed to him. I do think the match could have ended much earlier via KO but it seemed to me Lytle was holding back a little. (maybe personal?).

Great job by Mir - but it was boring match. I feel for the people that pay a ton of money to watch this live an don't get the best show. Or at least not their money's worth. Anyways, didn't seem like Cro Cop was on his best. Mir was in great shape as usual.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9677
The judges are definitely retarded. 2 fighters were robbed last night IMO. Dunnham and Stephens. How the fuuu could a judge score that shhhhit 30-27 GET THEEEE FUKKK OUTTA HERE!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4516
I also believe the judges got the Dunham desision wrong.. I agree with the stephens decisions though. Terrible card and main event was awful. Niether wanted to pull the trigger. Mir did somewhat save the match from going down as one of the worst in history, by KO'ing him in the 3rd round. As much as I like Cro-Cop, He needs to hang it up. or go fight somewherer that he can get a different weight-class..He is too small for the UFC HW class.. MIR isn't even a top 5'er in the UFC HW class anymore imo. He did look beeter coming in a little lighter than his last fight..
Dallaway's fight was sweet and he really schooled a veteran BJJ fighter.
Mitrione is becoming an interesting fighter, and his attitude has improved 1000%.
I like Bader as well, but I hope they don't put him against Bones... I want to see Bones fight an astablished contender to really prove he his the real deal.
One of Bader, Dallaway's training partners and Dallaway's Arizona St. all american team mate Erik Larkin just beat my (part-time training partner/ neighbor/ friend) buddy at Bellator 31 in N.O.La... Watch out for this lil dude (Larkin) in the future. My buddy (Marcus Andrusia) will be fighting in Alaska next month and is supposed to get on a Strikeforce card in November. I wish him well, but he needs to get in a big time camp IMO.. I'm out of the training mode till my right knee quits poppin' when I put weight on it. It's my fault really, I shoulda tapped, but i didn't think he had it that tight. There is a reason the knee-bars and heel-hooks out not cranked on in practice. They can do serious damage very easily, trust me!
UFC 120 is another weak card as well, but at least it is free. Then a week later It will be time for Lesnar to put Cain in his past and get ready for the the HW fight I've have been waiting for, vs. JDS! At least I hope he beats Cain... I will have money on it anyways lol.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4672
Does anyone hate the UFC's new website as much as I do?... what a piece of f@#$ing sh!t.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4517
It is terrible, Pit... I hate it now.

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4431
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4673
Jesse, you are the f@#$ing man. Did I tell you guys or what? Damn she is perfect.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23544
Upload

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4432
http://forums.cagepotato.com/fight-soup/2371-ufc-please-sign-brittany-ward-new-o ctagon-girl.html#post34818

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23546
My man..............

I have my image of the week now.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4518
if only it was a scratch and sniff! lol

Nice regardless.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9678
WEC is stacked tonight, don't miss it!

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4682
Missed it. Worked 14 hours today...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15340
I gotta get caught up on the ufc stuff again....its great entertainment

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4683
12 more today....

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9679
I know the pain you feel Ehren, I work 12s at the least and my work is an hour away WITHOUT traffic doing 75 =/ I can't wait to be laid off.

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4435
Arianny Celeste Playboy pic.

http://www.cagepotato.com/picture/11019/arianny-celeste-naked-in-playboy--a-crud ely-photographed-first-look-%28nsfw%29/Arianny_playboy2

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4436
You can't access the rest of the pics through any links but I just figured out that if you change the very last number in the URL that you can view the others. 1 through 7.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15557
whens the next big event guys?

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4695
The Next Big Event

The main event is kind of a lame fight to me though. The one fight that really stands out is Condit/Hardy which is an awesome f@#$ing fight, but the card as a whole is a weak one.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1855
yea i think thats why Spike is airing it. I'm not the biggest fan of Bisping. He is OK.

Are you rooting for Hardy?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4524
Dana know that he can't sell a PPV live events held overseas due to time differences, hence saving the better cards for U.S. venues.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9685
Dana can sell PPV events if they're not live but he knows he can't sell Bisping as a main event :D

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4699
Dan Hardy,

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15578
thanks but darn it I missed the event

Gold Member

Post Number: 4526
7 day till Brock and Cain Go at it..

I'm really excited for UFC125 1-1-11
Carwin vs. Big Country

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15589
cool

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1871
dammit 2 more days!!! can't wait!

My picks:
Brock > Cain
Thiago > Sanchez
Hamill > Ortiz
Gonzaga > Schaub
Cote > Lawlor (although i haven't seen much of Lawlor)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15641
Yeah i saw they had it listed on the billboard at hooters when i was driving by....I might go there to see it

Gold Member

Post Number: 4532
Holy chit!! Lesnar got tore up. Now i am 50/50 on the jds vs Cain fight.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1881
fck me....ALL my picks were wrong! (or depending on how u read it i was right!) So glad no money went into any of these.

That was the last thing i expected to happen to Lesnar. Good job from Cain, but i honestly just don't see him hanging onto the belt very long.

Gold Member

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3243
i couldn't determine which hit rocked Lesnar but he got his sh!t tore up when it did. as soon as he started stumbling around and falling it was game over. i think he was just careless with his attack from the get go, which determined the outcome. that gash under his eye was crazy. did not see it ending like that..

great match between Thiago and Sanchez. very high energy and pace until Thiago got gassed.

oh, and Kampmann got f*cking robbed.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9692
Cain definitely DEMOLISHED Brock. The bar I was at went absolutely insane haha.

I agree that the BRocop/ Sanchez fight was intense and it was a damn good fight.

Kampmann definitely got robbed, that was some serious BULLSHHHIIIT.

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4455
Funny Cain ,gif

http://img22.mediafire.com/51cb2f0d1c63fbd6fe57f98be17708cc765228d360e953a385808 f8545d3143a4g.jpg

4th .gif on this one is Brocks v@gina cut.

http://www.cagepotato.com/mma-gif-party-ufc-121-edition

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4752
Just a few thoughts...

Machida vs. Jackson has the potential to be an awesome fight. I hope Rampage is taking fighting seriously again, and I hope he comes out trying to mug Machida. If Rampage tries to feel things out, work his stand up, score, Machida will win. If the old Rampage is back, and he just goes berserk and tries to f@#$ him up, I think he can finish Machida. I'll say Rampage by KO.

BJ vs. Hughes... I hate this fight. Some of you may know, I love BJ, and I hate Hughes. I think this fight was a dumb decision for BJ, and a bad matchup. He belongs at 155, where despite his struggles with Edgar, he can destroy most of the competition with his hands tied behind his back. Fighting a bigger, stronger, re-energized hughes just seems dumb to me. Hughes by decision (hope i'm wrong).

Also, Sotiropolous is going to s@#$ on Lauzon.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4545
I was a fan of Machida's till I found out that he drinks his own p!ss. But he will beat Rampage..
Hughes has looked too good as of late, and Penn has been the total opposite. Easy choice more me. Hugh should beat him. I agree with Pit's Points on this matter. Terrible choice of the matchmakers.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4546
i'm REALLY interested in the Davis/ Boetch fight as well. Have high hopes for Davis... Kinda like Bones.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4753
I'm glad I was wrong. Sorry for doubting you, BJ.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9728
Lol @ Hughes "What the fuuuu happened?!". You could totally read his lips on that one haha.

And LOL @ Rampage's reaction "I won....?!"

Bronze Member
Username: Dollface5566

Post Number: 15
Wow,I like UFC too!

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9730
Ugh, Aldo is out of his fight New Year's this sucks....

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9737
Fukck the judges, the biggest robbery ever in MMA went down last night. Nam Phan absolutely DEMOLISHED Leonard Garcia and yet...Garcia was given the W, such complete bullsh1t. On top of that after the fight Garcia goes on to say he thought Nam Phan won the fight but during interviews he changes disposition and says he definitely won, the guy is a complete piece of sh1t. I hope he's the first death in the octagon! Just kidding, I just hope he suffers a career ending injury for being a piece of crap.

Up next, GSP vs. Koscheck. Eh, it's tough to be excited about this card aside from the main event. I just feel most of the card is weak because if Alves gets wrestled he's trash.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4797
Anybody watch the fights last night? I had other plans, but I read about them this morning. Sounds like Vera, Leben, and Diaz, all got punked.

Did you guys think the main event was controversial? The writer who did the article I read thought that the draw was a fair decision, but a few of my friends seem to think Gray got robbed (apparently he annihilated Edgar in the first round?). I picked Gray to get the W, so I guess I was wrong...ish. I still don't think Edgar will hold the title for very long. I'm really curious to see how the lightweight division plays out during 2011, with all the new talent coming from the WEC. Good sh!t.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1955
Yes Gray did annihilate Edgar in the first round but Edgar held up. Gray had his chance in the first round to take but he couldn't. He landed (if i remember correct) 97 punches. HARD punches. And Edgar was able to recover from it and take the second round. I guess it depends on how you look at the match. Edgar had more take downs, he had submissions, and had some power shots. Even had a chance to take Gray out but i guess he was just worn out.

IMO, Edgar won. But i'm sure this is one of those matches which will cause lots of controversy.

You have GOT to see what Thiago did to Vera's nose. If Vera kept the match standing, he had a great chance to take Thaigo.

Leben got his @ss handed to him. Got KOed in the first round. Gotta give it to Stann. Although I think Leben is a bit overhyped.

Ohh, and watch Guida's fight. Just for fun.

LOL @ Dong Kim being so confident he can beat GSP.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9756
I don't think he actually landed 97 punches, I think those numbers are off but I'm not sure.

http://compustrike.com/ufc125/Edgar_Maynard.html

There's the compustrike but maybe that's wrong too?

Anyhow, I'm happy with the draw, I couldn't personally determine a real winner of the fight.

Vera-Should be cut and I hope he is.
Silva-Awesome performance and funny too
Leben-He was stupid and went to his old brawling roots
Stann-Showing lots of power to end Leben like that
Diaz-Didn't try hard enough
DHK-Showed great wrestling but nothing else, GSP would wreck
Baroni-Got cut from the UFC
Gomi-1 dimensional fighter
Guida-Much improved, smart strategy and showed good boxing

I think that about covers it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4552
Finally, Bones gets a title shot!!!! i posted the u f c 126 fight on youtube on my channel. watch it before it gets removed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWy5C_aqOxY

What a finish in the main event. I waasn't shocked that Silva won, just how!

Forrest was just too big for Franklin..

If you want to see a great fight, search for Cyborg vs. Dias. Holy sh!t! lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16567
interesting

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4823
Finally Mark? He's like 14 years old and started fighting a week ago...

He's ready for it though. The kid is just a beast. Technically he's way behind a guy like Shogun, but I'm not sure it'll matter. Bones made Ryan Bader look like a welterweight. Bader is a well sized LHW, and an elite wrestler, and Bones just manhandled him. Pretty impressive.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1983
Dammit this is the only fight that I missed.

Unfortunately, it was during this match that my stomach got KOed and I had to take a break.
Cheese fries FTL

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4824
Lol Skullz tapped in the first round due to diarrhea.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1985
LOL

Gold Member

Post Number: 4553
the finally remark was worded was worded wrong. I was trying to say that he finally gets an opponent that could test him.. His reach should keep shogun far enough outside . He will use that jab to set up the shoot.. I have no problem thinking Jones will dominate on the ground. Shogun is beatable. 3 fights ago he got chocked out by Forrest. Bones is much more dangerous than forrest. The opening odds in Vegas has Jones as the favorite at -155.. Can Shogun win? Of course.. Either way Jones will eventually be champ. If just stoked that the fight happens in a little over a month... As much as I am not a Rashad Evans fan, I have never really seen anyone out wrestle him either. I want to see how Bones looks against him after he takes the belt.. Bones has demolished every wrestler that has been fed to him.. IMO Machida is the most dangerous match for Jones at LHW although he (Jones)is human and anything can happen..

I hope GSP beats Shields without injury setting up the A. Silva GSP title fight at 185#'s.
IDK if Belfort wants a rematch, but I'd like to see it ( against silva).
It won't happen though..

Anyone else notice that Stephen Segal is weaseling into mma? He taught Anderson that front kick that he invented and is also teaching Machida and their camp the same shi!t..

Hershal Walker is a beast for a 48 year old man.. He looks 25. Crazy.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1986
anyone watching Fedor tonight?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4554
Fedor is likely retiring.. Bigfoot destroyed his right eye during a dominate 2nd round. Doctor stoppage. I hope Arlovski retires. Another BRUTAL KO by Sergi Kharitonov.

How I see the tourney playing out________________________
Quarters
Barnett subs Rogers
Overeem ko's Verdum

semi's
Sergi- KO's Barnett
Overeem over Bigfoot tko

Overeem over Sergi unam dec.

Hope I'm wrong. I want Overeem to lose asap.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9761
OverRoid probably won't lose IMO. Too juiced and too skilled.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16732
whats the card looking like for march 19 any good fights....I was thinking of going to hooters to see them if its worth it

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4854
UFC 128 is probably worth it. UFC 128 while surrounded by big tits and buffalo wings, definitely worth it.

The title bout is a must see for an MMA fan, Sean. Shogun is a great fighter, and a worthy champion. He'll be defending the belt against Jon Jones, who is far and away the most hyped young fighter in the game right now. And not hyped without good reason, he is on the brink of greatness, and he's barely old enough to order a beer. If he wins the title (and I think he will), it could be the beginning of a new era.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4555
WAR JONES!!!

very rare that you see the Vegas Odds favoring the challenger. Especially one with less than 15 pro fights under his belt..I thinks his Wrestling coupled with his mind-blowing 84.5 in reach will be too much for Rua. Either way Jones will be Champ eventually...

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4471
So....UFC bought Strikeforce, didn't see that coming. Hendo v Silva? Barnett, and Fedor might be going peee peee in their pants. Will we see our first UFC, womens bout?

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4473
Move it up for fights tonight. Currently watching 2 prelims via UFC Facebook page.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 2003
i usualy watch mine on TV, but before when i used to stream, justin.tv did the trick or me. If not, then I would just google the ufc event and type live stream next to it. That definitely got me something.

If i see some links, i will post for u

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4474
Thanks man, I appreciate it, but I have a ton of sites to watch any and all sports.

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4475
Jon Jones is a fu(king man!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4556
I think Rashad wanted to cry..

Was I surprised that Jones DOMINATED Rua, nope... I said so when he beat Bader.. Am I surprised at how much he dominated Rua in every way, shape, or form? Who wouldn't be... I don't see any holes in his game... He has definitely shot his way up in the Pound for Pound top 3 for me...

Evens fight w/ Jones is a waste of time. IMO
I am not sure that GSP is excited about a Silva matchup.....so I say............. Put Anderson in the octagon with Jones to shut all the Silva nuthuggers and Jones doubters up at the same time.. I would love to see Anderson get thrashed .. I would just pray that Jones allow Silva to stay conscious for a few rounds for a little pain and suffering.. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4557
http://blog.fightmetric.com/2011/03/jones-vs-rua-official-ufc-statistics.html

Interactive statistics of the fight, HOLY SH!T!!!

Gold Member

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 4476
http://www.shooshtime.com/videos/104641_UFC-128-Mauricio-Rua-vs.-Jon-Jones.html

NSFW (Ads)

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4866
Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva please.

I think it could happen after GSP sh!ts on Anderson.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9762
The only problem is GSP doesn't want to go up in weight and Silva won't come down. They could go for a catch weight bout but still they're both being finicky about it.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4871
For some reason I thought the fight was set when I posted that. I honestly think GSP would beat him handily though, the same way he beats everyone else these days. He'd take him down at will and beat on him for 5 minutes at a time.

I'm just bored with Anderson's opponents. Even Belfort made me roll my eyes. They hyped it as such a tough test and we knew all along he was going to punk Vitor. I wanna see him fight GSP, or Machida, or Shogun, or best of all Jon Bones. Or Chael Sonnen again (still can't believe Chael lost that fight, what a f@#$ing idiot).

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9764
Chael won't be in the UFC for a long time most likely. He got busted for PEDs AND he also pleaded guilty to some charge for money laundering. He's a fuckkkkking idiot as you said and then some.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4872
I haven't been following MMA closely as of late. Good thing I have you around to keep me updated, Rob.

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9765
Ha, you sure are lucky. Don't miss Diaz Vs. Daley tomorrow night, should be a pretty damn good fight.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4873
As in Nick Diaz and Daley the chump who tried to KO Koscheck after the bell?

I don't even know what organization they fight for!

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8613
ca1n.. nuff said

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9768
Diaz and Daley(yes, the cheap shotting black guy) fight for Strikeforce who is now owned by Zuffa(UFC's parent company). It was a damn good fight but quick.

Cain Velazquez is still crying about his rotator cuff being injured but he's training as much as he cain. If we're lucky we'll get to see him fight in the Fall.

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4874
Silva vs. Okami lol...

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9770
Ugh, just inside of 2 weeks before GSP r a p es Shields and Aldo destroys his next victim. Can't wait for that weekend to set in, Fast Five also comes out that weekend which I will be seeing.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 2077
Anyone saw last nights event?

Cro Cop retired.
Penn retired.
- WTF happened to Penn yesterday. The one day i wanted him to actually win a fight, he loses.

I cannot wait to see GSP r@pe Diaz. Seriously.....GSP is scared?? HAHAHA

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9814
I saw it of course, I haven't missed an event in probably 5 years.

Penn is only good as a gate keeper. There isn't a single title that he could come close to holding in my belief.

Why wouldn't GSP be scared? I'm pretty sure GSP has been scared of every single fighter since he got wrecked by Matt Serra. I've grown pretty tired of his lay on top and cruise to a win Via decision tactics. When he goes out there he goes out there to win, that is priority number one for GSP, he then tries a little bit to impress. I'm not saying he's making the right choice or dumb for doing what he does to win BUT I like to see crazy, brutal brawls more than anything. Of course seeing ridiculous, savage, one-sided fights like Anderson Silva puts on is good too.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 2081
So you think Diaz will take it from GSP?

I feel like Diaz would go out and straight out brawl with GSP, while GSP would be smarter and find ways to catch openings. I dunno, will be a fun fight to watch. Rooting for GSP, only because I don't like Diaz's attitude.

So we got Cain and dos Santos this weekend. I can see Cain winning this. What you guys think?

Gold Member

The Chicago area

Post Number: 4974
Congrats to Dos Santos. I made a few $ on this fight

Heavyweight division is truly back. Velasquez v. Lesnar II here we come?

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9817
I really think that GSP will beat Diaz BUT Diaz is definitely no joke. I see GSP winning by endless take downs and holding him down to get the decision. I definitely don't see GSP winning with his striking although he is an impressive striker, he just chooses not to open up. Also, he'll most likely suffer an eye poke early during the fight as usual.

I thought Cain was going to win as well through his good wrestling and having seen he's able to take a punch BUT...that pretty much knocked his head off. It seemed like Cain didn't really try to defend either, I'm not sure he decided to give up after feeling the power of JDS or he was really that out of it from getting rocked.

Ehren, I think the same. Brock is an idiot for thinking he's going to get through Overoid/ looking past him. I don't think Brock is going to win that but anything can happen as we all know.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 6037
Link

Gold Member

I compensate...

Post Number: 9820
Haha, yea, I read about it that same morning. I never found out who this supposed "UFC" fighter was. A lot of us think it was just some amateur MMA athlete but who knows. Definitely beat smashed that bean up pretty good though, justice served!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us