Pit bull vs rottweiler

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19443
i was having a discussion with my cousin. he thinks the pit bull is tougher and i think the rotweiler is tougher. its no contest.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

All he does is catch t..., Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 14066
Bully Cutta

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The poster formerly kn...

Post Number: 2972
I would delete this thread if I could.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19444
lol ???

Gold Member

Post Number: 2973
No lol, i would seriously delete Chad. Nothing against you personally Chad.

I know you didn't mean anything by it but I dislike this thread for the following reasons:

A. It reinforces the negative stereotypes about these breeds, that they are vicious, aggressive, fighting dogs. FALSE!!!

B. It unfairly categorizes and generalizes the breeds. As if all members of the breed are the same. It's like asking, who would win in a fight between an Asian guy and a Black guy?

C. Even IF I wanted to participate in making a prediction, the question is incomplete and faulty to begin with. Referring to point B, you couldn't possibly predict a fight's outcome just knowing that one fighter is black and the other is Asian. Same goes for pit bull and rottweiler. In case of both human and dog, height? weight? age? experience? training? track record?

Again Chad, you're my boy, this isn't a rant against you by any means. :-)

The thread just rubs me the wrong way, just like when dumb people talk about pit bulls being horrible and how they should be banned or killed or what not. It's no different than saying all cheerleaders are dumb, all black people are thugs and criminals, all jews are greedy, or whatever the stereotype. It's unfair, it's inaccurate, it's ignorant and it's wrong.

/rant

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 15034
Blonds have bigger B(.)(.)BS.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2564
Dogue de Bordeaux>all :-)

best dog I've ever owned, been around.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7407
Remember Killer from Half Baked? That dog was the sh1t!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19452
i am thinking of getting a rottweiler.

pitbull i understand your point but in no way was my thread towards any kinda dog fighting. i am simply looking to buy a dog and i want a tough one.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2975
I totally understand Chad, like i said i know you didn't mean anything negative by it. That's cool that you're thinking about getting a dog man, GO FOR IT!!!!

If you don't mind some advice though...

You should really make your choice about 95% based on the temperment of the particular dog and it's breed, and how well it fits your lifestyle.

For example, you mentioned pit bulls and rottweilers. You know how much i love these breeds, but i must say i see SOOOO many people get these dogs without knowing what they're getting into. These dogs are working breeds. They require DAILY exercise, activity and stimulation. In addition they need to be heavily socialized and trained from an early age, not only to make them well behaved, but to keep them from being downright dangerous. I say that not because they're more likely than other breeds to be aggressive, but because IF THEY ARE, they are equipped with incredibly powerful tools to do damage with. Dogs have needs just like people, and when their needs aren't met, it causes them to sorta go nuts and behave in ways they wouldn't normally.

I recommend researching some breeds before you make a final decision. Off the top of my head when i think of some big dogs that are lower energy/maintenance (but still wonderful guard dogs), i think of bulldogs, akitas, mastiffs, great danes etc.

Also i'd seriously look into adoption. Not only are there millions of dogs desperate for homes, but the majority of them are actually purebreds if that's what you're looking for. Not to mention you'll save money, and you can look for a dog that is maybe a year or two old, and ALREADY TRAINED/SOCIALIZED!!!

Just find a dog that's right for you, go to the pound or adoption center and meet some dogs you like. Even within a breed, dogs are going to vary individually. So it wouldn't be impossible to find a mellow Rottweiler or a crazy hyper bulldog, it's just not common. Just ask yourself, does this dog fit my lifestyle?

Sorry for such a long-winded post, you know i'm a dog freak

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6065
german sheppards are great dogs too mine is awesome.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19454
what are those dogs called? they have a little beer barrel under their chin and they are used in the mountain rescue.

also pitbull, great info man. thanks. all the asians around here are getting little shitzu and palmeranians. i hate those little dogs. lol. i want a tough one.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3580
St. Bernard
Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15040
Siberian Husky FTW.

Upload

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3581
I wasn't recommending a dog just answering Chad's question. But... seeing as how I have owned over a dozen dogs in my life, I would go with a black lab hands down. The most intuitive, smartest animal I have ever owned. My black lab Roddy lived until he was 11 and he could understand and respond to crazy things and pretty much read your mind. Some of the things he did amazed me and the same with my first lab Remington. They are flat out great dogs and I 100% agree with Pit to NEVER buy any animal from a pet store. There are thousands of dogs dying each day in our local pounds and shelters due mainly to idiots that let their unneutered dogs run wild humping every b!tch in sight.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3582
sight* fukking editing is still broke

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15047
Editing works for me. Did you try the new edit post icon to the right?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15049
Nevermind. I forgot you use Opera.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3585
Cool I never noticed that. It works fine in Opera and I wonder if the time limits are removed? Before I wouldn't have been able to edit that after this amount of time. Very good.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15050
You have 60 minutes to edit, then you are screwed lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2976
"There are thousands of dogs dying each day in our local pounds and shelters due mainly to idiots that let there unneutered dogs run wild humping every b!tch in site."

So true. Also like I mentioned before, people don't think about what they're getting into before they make a decision. I worked at a puppy store when I was in high school (would never be affiliated with one now), and there are SOOOO many people who come in and buy puppies just on a whim. Then at some point after a couple weeks or months they realize they can't handle it, and the dog is probably acting out due to lack of exercise and training, so they drop the dog on the shelters doorstep.

Then you have people who insist on getting dogs from breeders or stores because they want a purebred. When actually there are TONS of purebreds in shelters. I've heard numbers anywhere from 30-60% of shelter dogs are purebreds.

Also because of all the over-breeding and in-breeding that goes on with breeders and puppy mills, mixed breeds tend to live longer, healthier lives, and have more even keeled temperaments. Now that is not my way of saying you should avoid purebreds. It is my way of reinforcing the idea that the temperament, personality, and behavior of the dog should be first consideration, not whether the dog is purebred or mixed.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3462
Brad, I had a Black Lab named Harley. The most awesome dog I've ever had. We had that dog from the time I was about 7-8 until I was was about 22-23. Just like you said, that dog was the smartest dog i've ever been around. Sweet, and so protective of kids. His hips started going out in his later years and it got so bad, we HAD to put him down. It was one of the hardest things ever but he was in massive pain, couldnt walk or anything.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2981
I truly can't comprehend how any person could NOT love dogs...

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15471
Dogs rule...I've owned German Shepherds, Golden Retrievers and English Bulldogs.

And as Ehren said, I chose them with regards to temperament and my lifestyle. I have an English Bulldog now because they are great dogs that are also low maintenance. I don't think I can be without my dogs in my life. They are a constant :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 14732
I also have owned many various dogs in my life....and have found that German Shepherds "generally" speaking are extremely intelligent, loyal, and protective..I have 2 now...but I've also had mixed breed mutts that were great animals too...bottom line is, the dogs only know what they are taught and trained, and usually will take on the same personality traits as their master, U the owner..

I myself also prefer females over males... maybe just co-incidence , but I have found that females are a little more intelligent and loyal,...but thats just me, and others may prefer males..

Nobody can say 1 dog type is better, or tougher than another..they are what U make em..

I've seen crazy TOUGH 30 pound dogs and wussy 110 pound dogs...and any dog will be protective and loyal to its owner, if treated right...and if ya want something TOUGH, buy a 9MM..

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7433
Chad, if you really want to know the answer to your original question just give Michael Vick a call, he will surely know.

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 255
LMAO ROB

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 629
go with a Boxer.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7848
paris hilton chihuahua..

for all its been true that doggy dog got some nuts

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1918
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 2983
2nd pic cracks me up. Dude steals my shoe when i'm not around, and then after realizing he's not getting attention for his theft, falls asleep with it next to his head.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7856
^^^ im getting 3 of those but i have to sell 2 or 1 4 months old black really cool dogs anyone want one?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3016
What's the deal Chad? Still thinking about getting a dog?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us