Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 6589
Myspace sux

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://www.LowDownForu...

Post Number: 3289
To some yes it may. To others it may be a good way to drop a line to family members and friends who live in other states. But that is not what this discussion is about. Thanks though.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 14420
I don't have a myspace. What's the difference in setting it to private? As with anything over the internet how can you trust anything on it? To me it's just another pedophile engine.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3291
When you set it to private, only people you accept as "friends" may view your profile. Profiles contain, pictures, blogs, messages from "friends" and other things.

Private setting are very good for teenagers in my opinion. And just like anything else if you have kids, you as a parent, should have access to their account. My daughters have had myspace for over 2 years without any kind of creeps messaging them. We stay active and check their accounts as should all parents whos child has myspace.

Bottom line is that it is a very popular site for teenagers and even adults. There is danger everywhere. But hopefully parents teach their kids how to be careful and safe in all situations.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6006
i dont know i dont think its g-a-y. maybe they just dont want people to see their pictures? maybe they have pictures of doing something illegal and they dont want their boss to see. i have heard of several cases where universities and jobs are looking at myspaces. i dont think they can legally take any action based on what they find but still.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3293
You can set your pics to private without setting the entire profile to private.

It used to be that only people 14 and under could set their profile to private but myspace changed it.

If people post themselves doing something illegal then they should be caught. Thats just stupid.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8802
Meh, facebook > myspace

But to get onto topic, I can understand why some people set it as private. If I were a parent, I would want my kids to have it set to private just for safety reasons, but I dunno.

You've been spending too much time on CA Jesse with the "Discuss" lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3295
lol yanks. I was bored and I have some time to kill before I go to work.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2397
why not?

I do, just cause. No real reason I guess. Maybe I only want my friends(which are 90% bands, since that's what it was made for) to have the "priviledge" to see my profile. idk

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14424
Is it just a coincidence that this is displayed to the right lol??????

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 3297
Thieves if yours is a bands page, why wouldnt you want more people to see it? I would want as many people as possible to see it.

lol paul.

Silver Member
Username: Marcooo

Post Number: 463
Thieves is saying 90% of his friends are bands, not that he is in a band. I believe.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3311
ahhh...that would make more sense. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4517
naledge, with all due respect, myspace is creepy in general and the teens on there mostly seem to be trashy or sketchy characters. there's p0rn and everything else on there. i would never let my child on there.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3312
I respect your decision in never letting your children on there when you have them. Every parent and their decisions are different.

I've never seen p0rn on there...ever. But there is p0rn everywhere on the net. google images is filled with it. I'm not going to disallow them to go on the internet just because of what they "might" see.

We (my wife and I) are very active in every aspect of out daughters lives and can say very confidently that they make very good choices. We have raised them to be smart and aware of dangerous situations. They dont get to be on the net often. 1-2 hrs max a week. And thats after all homework and chores are done. We peek over their shoulder once in a while when they are on the net and have their passwords to myspace, not cause we dont trust them but because thats what we think good parents should do. There have been instances when they thought something was fishy on myspace and immediately brought it to our attention.

I cant see myself keeping them off the net or myspace because of what "might" happen or what they "might" see. Especially since , imo, we have done a great job of raising them and teaching them right from wrong. There are dangers everywhere and anything can happen at anytime. But I'm not going to shut them down or live in fear because of what might happen.

I Strongly believe that if parents do allow their children to surf the net and go on myspace and such, that they be fully aware of everything that they do while online. I know all of my daughters friends and she doesnt have 100's of fake friends like alot of people.

Long story short, always know what they are up to and teach them right and you dont have to worry.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team RD, Texas

Post Number: 2398
Mark is right, plus the persons I do have on my myspace, I all know personally

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15294
Man, I wish I'd thought of myspace. That's some big money right there, just by sitting in front of a computer!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14440
Curious, are there rules on explicit pics on myspace?

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13988
guys with private myspace pages, is very h.o.m.o.s.e.x.u.a.l.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14451
Lol. Again, the ad on the right.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15296
I don't see those ads

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14456
"I see" said the blind man.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3325
Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15301
Firefox FTW!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14461
But I have Firefox.

Someone tell me the settings to block these ads again please.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

The kids love my rhyme...

Post Number: 4523
facebook > myspace

less creeps and stalkers...

Silver Member
Username: Ska

USA

Post Number: 581
here is something,

"
Naledge
Gold Member

http://www.LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3291
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 02:15 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you set it to private, only people you accept as "friends" may view your profile. Profiles contain, pictures, blogs, messages from "friends" and other things.

Private setting are very good for teenagers in my opinion. And just like anything else if you have kids, you as a parent, should have access to their account. My daughters have had myspace for over 2 years without any kind of creeps messaging them. We stay active and check their accounts as should all parents whos child has myspace.

Bottom line is that it is a very popular site for teenagers and even adults. There is danger everywhere. But hopefully parents teach their kids how to be careful and safe in all situations. "

that is very true, BUT with basically everyone on myspace they add anyone and everyone that asks to be their friend... i really only add people i actually know, i only have like 71 friends and i've had a myspace for 3 years... i have some friends that have 500+ friends, and i don't understand what the point is. Private is a great setting for teenage girls and boys, BUT when they add everyone under the sun to be thier friend, it kinda defeats the pourpous...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3332
So are you agreeing or disagreeing with me? You put a "BUT" in your statement like you are arguing against me but I've basically said everything you just said. lol

My long post in the middle of this thread says that I know all of my daughters "friends" and that she doesnt have 100's of fake friends....

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 594
im agreeing that its a good thing BUT its a pointless thing, if that makes sence?? mine is set on private, im not doing anything illeage, im not g@y, i just don't think people that don't know me shouldn't be able to read into something that is going on in my life (ie comments my friends post or other things)
I'm 19, i know better than to put my place of work or my last name or where i live or to talk to conplete strangers for that matter.
myspace is a great thing as stated above, there are just as many good things about it as there are bad, on line predetors, viruses, lives REVOLVING around a freaking web site are some of the bad things that come to my mind, but the goods, talk to people you haven't seen in years, keep intouch with family that have moved, talk to friends while they are "grounded" just like everything else in this world there is good and bad.
Naledge you have two doughters which you stated have a myspace, and "I know all of my daughters "friends" and that she doesnt have 100's of fake friends...." as weird as it sounds, I'm SO glad that your interviening in thier lives with this and making sure you keep track of who they add/talk to on that page because little girls are so trusting and so manipulitable (if thats a word) that predators can get ANYTHING out of them. more parents should be like you and take controle of what thier kids are doing, for safty reasons AND it shows interest in what they child is up to...

I respect what your doing Naledge, and I will do (planned on doing it) the same as you because no one is going to take advantage of my kids when i have them

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15304
"But I have Firefox.

Someone tell me the settings to block these ads again please."

Go to the bottom right hand corner of your firefox screen, you will see the "no script" icon. Right click on that and "allow" or "forbid" any and all that you see fit.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14493
Cool beans.

Thanks Berny.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14494
Niiiiice.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3334
UploadNo Limit

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 600
implying i can't spell?

sorry, at least i try and spell a word out instead of saying U (you) and C (see) and ur (your)

i can't spell but i at least try:-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 3337
lol. No. I was agreeing with you..like saying, "word"

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 601
OH lol, i just thought sense its using the microsoft word emblem and the look on the smilies face... yea HAHA

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14507
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us