Photo host that will show up on google etc?

Silver Member
Username: Cheapskate

Post Number: 564
i posted a gallery of my "street party bike" online and even added search tags to it like "bicycle stereo" & "sonic impact" etc., but it won't show up in search engines.

where can i find a site where i can tag photos so people can find them?

if anyone's curious, here's the gallery.
http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z157/zeroemission/

i'd like to make the photos searchable as there are so few photos of such systems as it is, and looking for them mostly yields junk results.

thanks in advance to anyone who knows how to get my bike on a search engine.

BTW, the two chrome lowrider pics are photoshopped mockups, not actual bikes although the two wheeler is my other bike, i've just never wired it for sound.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3390
Meta tags are not a simple end-all solution. They are much more complex than that. Web site owners spend thousands of dollars to have optimized meta tags added to their site. The key is to know how to use them and understand how they work. The most important tag by far is the title tag. I am assuming you are using meta keywords, which are placed within the body of a page. The title tag is where most spiders (or crawlers) search by default. Meta keywords only work if the page you are tagging has a significant amount of traffic, so that the spider picks up on others using the same keywords and increases your ranking on the search page in accordance to what it finds. Do a search on "html meta tags" and learn more about them and where to use them.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1774
I'll be d/\mned if brad doesnt know everything. You ARE the man.

Silver Member

Post Number: 565
hmmm... it's all chinese to me, i just put these keywords in the tag boxes

[b]bicycle bike class custom emission impact lowrider m71 mission mockup mountain party photoshopped sonic sound stereo streetparty system t zero[/b]

only that's NOT how i tagged it. i put words like "sonic impact" & "street party" etc. in quotes like one would a boolean search on altavista (the ONLY site i know that gets them right)

i even tried creating a google webpage to no avail. i just don't understand how so many people can clog photo searches up with so much unrelated garbage yet a carefully tagged photo can't be found, even within the host's own site!
http://takatomon2000.googlepages.com/my_street_party_bike
and i hit these keywords under the header
bike stereo "street party" mission m 71 sonic impact class t mountainbike DIY anti-skip lowrider "sound system" ride "zero emission"

search engines suck rotten eggs! even when you try to give them junk free results, they still go for the trash.

thanks anyways for your help, but i'm not about to turn hacker just to post 4 photos. NOTHING regarding computers & the internet ever works the way it should. }

Silver Member

Post Number: 566
P.S. isn't that putting the cart before the horse? how can a site get any traffic if they can't find it to begin with?

talk about vicious circles.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us