My TV is @*&#T

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2048
Alright...so I was moving my sub from the middle of the floor to my closet. I won't be using it for a while. Anyways, I was right up against the TV and now the color is fucked up. I know it is from the magnet. I just didn't think walking by it would mess it up so bad. I'm pretty sure it needs to be degaussed or whatever that thing is. Problem is, I have no idea how to do it on a TV. Can anyone help me?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 5829
If you have an electric soldering iron, you can plug it up and turn the TV on.

Hold the soldering iron in a corner of the screen and pull the trigger. Then slowly make a spiral pattern around the screen, getting closer and closer to the center. When you get to the center, pull the soldering iron dirrectly away.

You may have to do it a few times.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14365
I think Canaan meant a soldering gun with the U shaped tip. And do the motions as Canaan instructed.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14366
But sometimes just turning the TV on and off a few times during the course of a day will degauss it eventually specially if your TV is less than 10 years old.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 12556
Computer monitors can do the same thing. Just turning it off and on always fixed it for me.

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

After 194dBs your car ..., North carolina

Post Number: 791
ive done the same thing a few times. i would turn if off and on and it helped a little but sometimes not completely. but what i tried was move your hand around close to the screen(you know how it will make the hairs stand up) keep doing this until it doesn't make the hair stand up anymore. do this all while the TV is off. when you turn it back on it should be ok. i know it has something to do with electrons and how the magnet attrachs more electron to the part of the screen where the magnet got close so it makes it purpley.
i don't know why this happens but it works for me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us