OT- how to stabalize amp rack????

Silver Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Some where 12 wangin o..., The Mighty J... USA

Post Number: 920
Ok I'm more than 50% done with my amp rack I was wondering how should I stabalize
Its not attached to my subwoofer box
Its going behind the back seats and behind my subwoofer box so basically in between so when I fold my seats down it will be facing tha cabin for ppl to see.

So should I screw it through the metal thts underneath the carpet or what???
Like idk what's underneath tht metal I dnt want to puncuture a gas tank or anything thts underneath any reccomendations???

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Admiting your an a$$ho...

Post Number: 415
pretty much have to screw it down imo but MAKE SURE you go under your car and see if anything is under where you are drilling. another option that wont work near as well is velcro it to the carpet.

Silver Member

Post Number: 924
Yea velcro def aint gona work I'm gona have some serious wangage going on if I ever finish this system I'm working on.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1572
how are you planning to mount it again?

velcro FTMFL!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1266
IMO, velcro would be the best, safest way. I use velcro for holding my box in place and other things. It never fails.

Silver Member

Post Number: 927
Ok well if u have a car not a truck if u fold down the back seats u have a flat space tht leads to the trunk its going in tht space it is going 2 be placed on an angle facing the cabin there will be a flat piece of mdf as the base of the amp rack tht needs to be secured some how... you will understand better later on when I post pics of my progress.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us