OT: How we can show WE own the gas market

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1578
I personally am sick and tired of these high prices. $2.99 a gallon here and will go up I am sure.

I was thinking one day a few months back and came up with the perfect idea. The whole idea of not buying this day doesn't do much at all. You got to buy again, and they know this.

Take a look at my idea. I started this a few months back. I only buy from certain stations. I DO NOT buy from these suppliers:

Chevron
Shell
Exxon/Mobile
Citco (South American)

I buy from raceway/racetrack and BP's only. If everyone would take the same steps, then it would start a pricing war between the companies. In return helps the consumer. same thing that happened with wal-mart and K-mart.

Think about that and let me know what you think. I say pass it along.

Kevin

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16455
yeah i heard about that plan. it would work but only if everyone got in to it. the media won't advertise such plan so its hard for everyone to do it.

btw i am paying $359 a gallon.

Silver Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 142
hopefully people catch on, but even if you walk into a marathon station which has red white and blue themes everywhere you look, if you see muhammed behind the counter you have to wonder a little bit...

Gold Member

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1581
Ouch! It would be hard to get out, but the internet is in sooo many households, and word of mouth spreads quick. I am willing to try anything. If I got to run cross country naked with a sigh that says, "don't buy gas from..." I would. This is just stupid.

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5133
Now how many times have we seen this posted before

Never going to work

Gold Member

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1586
It will work, if passed along and done. Even if 1/2 of america did it, you would see a difference. Gas can't just sit and stay good forever.

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

RE SX 15, IA US

Post Number: 2235
a good way to save money is getting a bp card also. with my card i get around 30 cents off a gallon, im getting it now at about 2.59 compared to 2.89 or 2.99

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

NC Http://com4....

Post Number: 762
forrest gump made the news by walking/running, try it.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1531
why don't you buy from Shell?

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 12169
Chavez wants us all broke and still in need of his country.

Citgo has teamed up with AOL I'm almost certain of it.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1599
this should be in the OT section... J/K

yeah I mentioned this a while back but it would take a LOT to get this idea out. It would work GREAT! In about 2-3 days prices would go down and continue till people moved to that place, then another would come down, then another... It is a great idea, no to have it happen...

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1601
<<<dumba$$

I just realized it was in the OT. I need to pay attention

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5685
it wont work. even if people wernt buying from them they would be forced to because the stations would keep running out of gas because of the high traffic on those stations.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14158
Read about gasoline prices and how it is affected.

http://calculatedrisk.blogspot.com/2005/06/refinery-myth.html

I doubt a boycott will work. There is not enough unity among consumers to do such a thing. Everyone wants to do their own thing and we place a high value on individuality and not as a whole entity working for the common good.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3440
WE can't...

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14166

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6452
The only way you can affect the gas companies is if you don't use gas at all. We need to get off of our fat as ses and ride a bike, run or walk to where we need to be.

Gold Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1047
First off, BP makes absolute crap for gas. That crap runs through your car like a bad burrito. I will never buy from Arco/AmPm because of that fact alone.

I don't know how all Gas stores do it, but my company buys gas through the NYSE as a commodity and either eats the loss based on competition or makes marginal/target gain like 2 to 3 cents a gallon.

So we wouldn't have much a problem with the boycott because we only buy what we need.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

I support the Zac Davi..., Chicago

Post Number: 2535
"The only way you can affect the gas companies is if you don't use gas at all. We need to get off of our fat as ses and ride a bike, run or walk to where we need to be."

x5millionbilliontrillion

the boycott thing is a nice concept but would never work for a few reasons. When i go to get gas where i live currently, the stations are already pretty crowded most of the day. If we boycotted certain stations, the stations we DO use would be even more incredibly crowded. there is NO WAY people would sit there and wait in line when the station across the street is ready to go.

"even if people wernt buying from them they would be forced to because the stations would keep running out of gas because of the high traffic on those stations."

another reason it wouldn't work.

it's like Rob said, the only way to kick them in the azz is to lower our dependency on them, period. Start walking, biking, rollerblading or w/e to places that aren't that far away. Not only will you save money, you'll be healthier.

And for places that are too far to conveniently walk/bike, use public transportation as much as possible, trains/buses and such are wayyy more efficient in terms of the resources they use in proportion to the job they get done.

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1048
I have been wanting to get a diesel. I would love to make my own fuel, for pennies on the dollar. Bio-diesel is cool. Hell even Willie Nelson has his own brand of bio gas.

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 700
I don't think BP makes bad gas. It runs better in my bike than most of the other gas stations around here. I only run 92+octane, if possible I run 110 tho.

Steve how do I get a BP card, does it cost anything?

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1575
I could be wrong, but I think that biodiesel by the gallon over a year compared to gasoline, actually does cost more comparitively.

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1056
Not when you are making your own bio-diesel. Free oil is everywhere and the process to make it is rather cheap and simple.

ARCO/ AMPM are part of BP. Maybe you guys got something different, but the only reason you buy ARCO gas here is to save a nickel compared to the other guys. I will never use it again.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5709
biodiesel from a station is expensive or about the same as dino because people will pay a premium for it because its "green" why sell something for so cheap if you can charge 3x more for it.

makeing your own is pretty easy and you can make it for around .75 a gallon. plus its actually better for the engine.

Gold Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1059
^^^H3ll yeah. I saw a full blow biodiesel making operation on Craigslist for $30000. Churns out like a million gallons a year.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 12243
The sun baby! It's an interesting source of power. Also one we've only really begun using in the grand scheme of things. Short little article about how we can benefit. Now if only the greedy politicians can find a way to line their pockets we would see more of this......

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/176657/Power_station_harnesses_Sun_s_rays_ in_Seville_Spain
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us