OT and FS vs. Other stuff

Bronze Member
Username: Gignmofo

Post Number: 35
With all the air being expelled around OT and FS. I would like to say the following.

I for one don't have that big of a problem with people posting OT or even for sale.

What is a problem however, is when someone posts something like "opinion on some sub" and then the thread is actually "I've got 5 subs for x dollars cheapest and best around". That is spam and that is what is irritating some on the forum.

As far as the OT and FS stuff. I do agree with Zac D about posting in the right areas.

And before you go and try to flame me on this, think about if we copied all of the OT and FS to their respective forums they would be pretty significant in size. Then maybe people would visit them. Maybe we can get the mod's to do this.

What do you think?

Positive and construction feedback is always appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3219
Tyler Derden...Aint that the name of Brad Pitts character in Fight club? Well done.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
Yes it is... I thought was supposed to be a screen name when I signed up... BTW best movie ever!

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 844
Tyler Derden would kick Brad Pitt's azz!!!

haha, but yeah, If everyone actually posted in those sections, those places would already have traffic.
People look at the places that have the newest topics. I guarantee each and everyone of us have been checking the OT and FS sections lately, and the more we do, the more interest we will generate.

Those places are improving daily. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1524
fix the FS section and it would be used A LOT more

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
Are you saying because is doesn't bump?

I think that is that way by design. I can tell you the thinking are if you are interested.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 846
The F/S is "fixed"

It is set this way to keep people from bumping their items over and over.

Lets say you put your DD9515 on there for 1500 bucks and you keep bumping it to the top, well nobody is ever going to buy the dang thing because it is too expensive....and lets say theres more people selling things but they may be asking to much money for theirs, and they bump theres all the time as well.
Well if I or someone else were to post a great deal on a MMats amp for 100 bucks it would get bumped down right away.

This also works for other sellers as well.
Lets say you still have that 9515 that is now at the bottom of the section for $1500 and you decide hey 1500 is to much and you want people to know your lowering the price, boo yaa, post another thread stating "Price drop". And it will be at the top. ;)

The newest sale item should always take precedence over older sale items. This is the way many F/S sections are set up in other forums.

Do you guys like it this way?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6425
"The F/S is "fixed"

It is set this way to keep people from bumping their items over and over.

Lets say you put your DD9515 on there for 1500 bucks and you keep bumping it to the top, well nobody is ever going to buy the dang thing because it is too expensive....and lets say theres more people selling things but they may be asking to much money for theirs, and they bump theres all the time as well.
Well if I or someone else were to post a great deal on a MMats amp for 100 bucks it would get bumped down right away.

This also works for other sellers as well.
Lets say you still have that 9515 that is now at the bottom of the section for $1500 and you decide hey 1500 is to much and you want people to know your lowering the price, boo yaa, post another thread stating "Price drop". And it will be at the top. ;)

The newest sale item should always take precedence over older sale items. This is the way many F/S sections are set up in other forums.

Do you guys like it this way?"

The problem I see is that really good deals can drop to the bottom as well. I understand that if it was a "great" deal it would draw attention fast right? Well, as of right now it's not that way because we don't have that much traffic in the F/S section yet. Another problem I see is that people spam crappy deals or the fact that our F/S section is such a broad range of things from computers to car audio to just about anything. There is no section that's solely for car audio or other miscellaneous things so when and if we do start to become populated in those sections it will be one giant cluster-fu©K of things that are for sale. Those are the only issues that I can think of at the moment.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us