OT Snowblowers

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2299
Anyone know much about em. My mom wants to buy my dad one bc she thinks he's getting too old to be shoveling. My brother and I do all the shoveling but I'm goin to school next year and only my little sister will be around.

What's a good budget for buying one? Where's a good place to buy one? What's a good brand?

From what I've seen, 700 bucks seems like it can get you a good one? I guess maybe a Craftsman from Sears? Good/bad? Little insight would be great. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 841
Are you serious?, ask this in the O/T section and theres plenty of us who will be more than happy to help you, but the sub section isnt the place.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2300
...no i was totally joking zac? of course i'm serious, if i wasn't, i probably wouldn't have wasted my time making this thread.

but yea i'll shoot on over there and see if maybe one for the six people who actually go on the OT forum can help.

Bronze Member
Username: Gignmofo

Post Number: 33
Chicken and the egg....

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3855
Get a good single stage 2cycle, much lighter,e asier to handle then two or three stages, but he needs to make sure he mixes the gas/oil. Polo..

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2302
"Chicken and the egg...."

and you are who again?

thanks polo, i'll defly keep that in mind. any brands i should avoid?

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3856
http://www.yardmachines.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10451_18503_90854_ 36257_-1

I have this one and it works great! I got mine for free because it fell off of someone's truck in a new subdivision. Drove past it twice and it wasn't even looked at, noticed it still had it tag on it so I stopped, starts with 1-2 pulls don't even need the elec start but its nice it has it. Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

I support the Zac Davi..., Chicago

Post Number: 2521
real men use these...

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07183630000P?vName=Lawn+%26+Garden&cNam e=Snow+Equipment&sName=Accessories

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3857
$700 bucks, you might as well get a riding one, lOl. If you have an easy way out of the garage and need a self propelled monster for 2 feet of snow then get a large one. From what I see of my neighbors with these monsters that need chains on there tires is that they get to be hard to start, they're bulky, heavy and in the time it takes to get it out and actually make a couple passes, I would have been finished and watching them... Polo. :-O

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 12155
$700 buys a decent model at Sears. 5.5 hp, 5 speeds, 2 reverse. Two stage.

3 speed and no reverse is cheaper.

Check OT post.

Bronze Member
Username: Gignmofo

Post Number: 34
Cal,

I was basically saying unless people start posting there no one will ever go there.

People are avoiding other sections because some are slow.

So someone has to start.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2303
"real men use these... "

well that's what real men use until they hit 50 and their wives don't want them to have heart attacks...

thanks fellas, i will paul

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

I support the Zac Davi..., Chicago

Post Number: 2524
"until they hit 50 and their wives don't want them to have heart attacks... "

or do they?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us