HIDs

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1546
Well I got my present from my girl last night and installed it tonight. I've wanted HIDs for a while now and finally got some. Haha. The pics do no justice to the lights but they are bright as dog sh!t. The stock ones were bright enough if that tells you how bright the new ones are. 10000k
BEFORE:
Upload
AFTER:
Upload

Anyone else got 'em?

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 11957
Holy sh1t son that's a HUGE difference.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1547
yeah. I kinda creamed my pants a little when I turned them on the first time. I love em

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1354
nice. any idea how much those put ur girl back?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3245
Very nice Andrew. I read somewhere you are no longer with your original g/f? What happened? She was such a hottie.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 2452
I'm not even kidding i thought the first pic was impressively bright before i realized it was the "before" picture. My headlights are seriously fu<ked up though. They aren't air tight or something and there's all kinds of residue or fog or something that can't seem to clean off with rubbing compound or anything. I seriously can't see almost at all if an oncoming car has bright lights. They are like DANGEROUSLY dim

How much do lights like these cost, ball park? What's the installation like? Something i could handle myself?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2453
oh sorry to thread jack, congrats on the gift!! those lights are really sweet!:-)

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1552
Na we're still together. see:
Upload
she hates that pic

Anyway, install was simple. The hardest part was finding a good place to mount the ballast where it wouldn't bounce and move around. It was all plug and play... She bought them in town but you can find a couple places online to get them too. HIDworld.com is a good place to look.

Pit, check your local car shops for 3M plastic cleaner and polish. Use the cleaner first and then polish after and it takes it back to how they came. I took EVERYTHING off of my headlights.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2454
lol girls hate every pic of themselves, she looks cute though. YOU on the other hand look drunk, stoned, and half retarded ROTFL!!!

I'll look into that but i think the problem is on the inside of the housing and last time i had my old man look at em he got all p!ssed off cause he said you can't take them apart to get inside there and clean. Is he stupid?

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1553
you can take them apart but its a b!tch. If I were you I would Look into buying new ones or trying to get to the bottom of the headlight and drill small holes in the bottom and let them dry that way. but if its inside it will be tough to fix.

Oh yeah Andrizzle, they were about 210 local. They are the 35w, single beam. Cheaper online but she got to see the ones in town before she bought them so she paid the extra. Next Im putting HIDs in the fogs!

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1555
BTW, that hurts my feelings... I am half retarded. haha

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

USA

Post Number: 846
do you have projector headlights andrew? are those lights just low beam? or bi-xenon where its has hi/low?

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 982
I just bought a set from the Flashplus guy on eBay, waiting for them to arrive. Got the hi/low for only $132 shipped.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1577
yeah they are projectors and yeah, they are only lows. If I had highs, I wouldn't use them...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us