Oh Sh1t

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7694
Bad situation for me guys. In high school I was a A/B/occasional C student. I graduated with a 3.2 GPA with 4.0 being an A. I just finished my first semester in college. Just checked my final grades and they are this:
B
B
B
B-
F
I got an F in Macroeconomics. Hardest f-cking class ever for me. My parents were VERY happy with 4 B's. But I left out the whole F issue.

So guys, what should I do? Tell them tomorrow in the morning? Wait until after Christmas and tell them? I've never got an F before, ever. I studied my azz off for that class. Every test I studied for for hours. I just didn't understand the class. I don't know what to do.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5665
it depends, how your parents are. if they understand that you tried hard then they should understand, so personally if thats how it was i wouldnt wait to tell them. but if they dont understand that you did your best then hold off, but if they do that they will still be pissed that you waited.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1167
Wait till after Christmas and then tell them. Explain to them that you tried your best, and thats all you can possibly do. You can;t be mad at someone if they gave it their all. Good grades you got there man IMO.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6885
Well no point in ruining Christmas for everyone involved. So wait till it's over and gently break it in. Don't worry too much about it, I'm sure you're not the first one to fail a subject. Don't you guys have Macroeconomics for dummies? We have them in Canada. It comes in handy for all hard subjects.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7696
Alright guys I guess I'll wait until after Christmas. My parents are pretty understanding. I just talked to my sister and she said that they won't find out if I don't tell them because only I will see my grades. But I just feel obligated to tell them the truth.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4739
Yanks I know how you feel. Im in college also I have not checked my grades yet because I know 2 of them are going to be bad and I don't WANT to know until after x-mas.

But it does depend on your parents. I've pissed off mine by doing, well, I could go down a list. They just don't send me money anymore

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 2108
nobody's perfect. you'd be surprised at how many people don't do as well in college compared to HS

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13386
just tell them...man up...dont be a pu$$y

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1361
just tell em you're going to retake it and the new grade will make up for the F and everything will be copesetic again:-)

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 2424
1. Wrap your report card up like a gift.
2. Give it to your parents on Christmas morning.
3. Get their reaction on camera.
4. Post it on youtube.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7702
We don't have report cards in college Pit. We can only check them online.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2426
I'm a college student also, everyone gets their grades online. But at some point they send out a mailed document as well.

EDIT: 1. Wrap your *screenshot printout* up like a gift.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7704
Lol. No printer upstairs.

Next idea Pit? lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 2427
"just tell them...man up...dont be a pu$$y"

what chauncey said.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3408
yeah i made a D this term and i honestly thought i was gonna fail...my mom was pissed but i explained i could make it up and she cooled off fast

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 762
honestly that's not super horrible Yanks.. I got 2 D's my first semester. you can just retake the class. i say tell them and get it over with. atleast your other grades were fairly solid. studying in college is a lot different than studying in high school.. i found that out the HARD way. but if it's a required class you're going to have to take it over, so wait until you have an easier semester so you can really focus on it. Glad to see phil. went well atleast, assuming it was one of those B's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us