OT- alpine vs. pioneer

Silver Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Some where 12 wangin o..., The Mighty J... USA

Post Number: 821
My first thread dissapeared and yes chad its another 1 lol.
Well I decided not to go with a tv deck and go the regualr HU route I'm deciding between 2 units I'm leaning more toward the alpine bcuz of the ipod features and by its sexii look but it doesn't say much about the EQ and doesn't even say whether it has sub preouts or not I'm sure it does but idk. And the pioneer has excellent sq and eq features probably most of which I wudnt know how to work lol but its slacking in the looks department which I'm big on so what u guys think and why?

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16945

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=5501

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5579
you aware that the alpine doesn't play cds' right?

but i'd say alpine. i've had 3 pioneers go bad in the last 3-4 years. i'm done with pioneer. from now on it's alpine, excelon, or clarion for me.

Silver Member

Post Number: 822
Yea I kno it doesn't unless I buy the optional 6 disc... I'm trying 2 get down with the wave of the future cd's are gona phase out within the next 5-10 years. Good choice mike for once u help without a smart comment thanx..

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1279
the alpine may be more complicated lol, but it should have sub preouts, most if not all higher end lines have sub preouts these days. the alpine, if it's anything like mine, is gonna let you control the bass, sub, etc. also it should have 2 diff sub systems. you can also control the low pass and high pass somewhat coming from the HU.

Ipod Full speed FTW!

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5580
"Good choice mike for once u help without a smart comment thanx.."

now see, comments like that^^ is what gets people to get smart with you and not like you around here.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1280
you prob could have left that ending comment out for mike...but just my .02

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 16139
ahhhh morning coffee and dwights thread of the day. can't go wrong. lol.

hey man, you can't lose with either one. but the pioneer unit has better sq. well imo it does. that 880 is a sq beast.

Silver Member

Post Number: 824
Ctmike- sorry for the comment dude I was honestly tryin 2 say thanks for helping without flaming... but my bad I shoulda kept tht 2 myself ur right. Can't we all jus be friends lol : )
Chad- yea u kno I like 2 keep new threads on here I kno I get tired of logging on and seeing the same ole threads sometimes and u guys are very helpful and intelligent so I do aot of car audio surfing from my phone and come across new things everyday tht I like 2 get ur input on.
And yea tht 880 looks awesome but seems a lil too complicated for a noob like me and I dnt have a big thing on sq really I was fine with the sq from my jenson flipout. Its probably bcuz I've never heard any real good sq so I dnt kno what I'm missing out on. Lol plus ctmike's comment jus sealed the deal with the brreaking issue

Silver Member

Post Number: 826
Bump

Silver Member

Post Number: 827
Hello

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4620
Both of those units have 24 bit burr brown DACs. You will NEVER notice an SQ difference between them.

I'd get the Alpine, since pioneers newer stuff sucks IMO. (that opinion based on the }ridiculous number of them I've seen fail).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us