OT: Mustang ('99-'04)

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1218
For those of you who own one, unless it's the GT, pawn that sh1t and get a real car....time and time again, they get more and more disappointing and embarrassing when I dust one in my 2001 4dr Blazer....standard, automatic, doesn't matter, they suck. I'm pretty sure the 2003 Saturn Ion 4dr I had could leave those POS at the starting line.....lol

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 5692
reason...

chevy > ford

:-)

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1226
in my exp....ford>chevy, I used to love chevy, til I owned one...lol...I just want my f150 back (#1 selling truck in america for 25 some odd years btw)

I just think the mustang has gone to sh1t, and now just females drive em, unless a dude thinks he will look cool in one...which is not so true...lol

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 749
haha.. even the gt's aren't very fast without a few mods.

I've got a GT with a few exterior, sound system, and engine mods on it.

Upload
Upload

the top pic is more recent. and before you all start to scream "ricer", the carbon fiber hood is going to be painted so that only the scoop is carbon fiber, it's for weight reduction. i just havent got around to it yet, get off me.. lol.

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 750
"I just think the mustang has gone to sh1t, and now just females drive em, unless a dude thinks he will look cool in one...which is not so true...lol"

really???? i think the 99-04 cobras are about one of the best lookin cars out there.. so sexy.

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 751
oh and i have to agree with Canaan

Chevy > ford

I have a 91' Camaro and i've had way less problems with it than i have the mustang. come to think of it, i've had no problems with it and it's 16 years old.

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1230
well obviously, I thought at least, we were excluding the GT and everything higher, I don't even consider the Cobra a mustang b/c it's so far beyond the "mustang"

as for Ford>Chevy
I had an F150 and then for some reason, the govt saw fit to allow women the right to sit behind the wheel of a motor vehicle, long story short, a female turned head on into me and totaled my truck. Since then I have had a Saturn(GM owned) which I had a ton of problems with the AC, and then my current Blazer which I have put over 3 grand of repairs into (in less than a year). My f150 I had absolutely no problems with. ever.

Gavin, you should either drop that car a bit, or get a lower body mod. maybe slightly larger and fatty tires in the back as well.

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 752
"then for some reason, the govt saw fit to allow women the right to sit behind the wheel of a motor vehicle" coldnt agree more

and i'm working on a lowering kit right now.. but money is tight since i'm in school right now. it's a work in progress.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 2077
step mom has an 07 gt 5sp. its FAST :-) :-)

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1231
they are short of fast....lol

Gold Member

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 2079
well its no z06, but 300hp/320lb torque ain't bad

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1234
lol, true. My mom was looking at one almost 2 yrs ago, and she was not impressed..lol...that's sad. She ended up getting an infiniti sedan, that car has got some balls.

Gold Member

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 2081
i'd personally go import all day over domestic. there are a few exceptions to that though

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1235
I love f150s

in a few months I'll either have a '07-'08 F150, or '07-'08 Ranger, I just can't decide which....

Gold Member

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 2082
saleen f150's are just tight along with the harley's. this ranger they have near me is a 1 of 1 that i'd love to have

http://sascars.com/carDetail.asp?carsID=2451

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1236
d@mn, I might have to go with my first choice then (ranger) lol....3L FTL though...lol..that is really nice looking. I was thinking of doing something like that if I get the ranger, but I wanted the "super" cab, and at least the 4L.

I'd be getting either bone stock, so it would be cheaper for me to do sh1t to a ranger than an F150, plus I could do alot more with a small truck than a larger one IMO

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 754
Eric, i've seen that truck before. the only thing i don't like is that it's an automatic.. that'd be a really sweet truck if it were a manual.

though i always say.. whats the point in owning a truck if you don't use it as a truck?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3213
Anything > Ford

Gold Member

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 2083
yeah as long as the truck has enough power i don't care much for the size. engine size matters but only to some degree. when its super/turbo charged its a whole different story. the r33 skyline is only a freakin 2.5, but its a monster

and Gavin yeah it being auto does blow. don't know why they'd do that... good theory you have going as well.

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1206
I love all Mustangs. My very favorites are the 1993 Cobra, and the 2000 Cobra R.

Mine: 2005 V6, 1993 LX.
Upload

1970 Boss 429
Upload

Terminator Cobra
Upload

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 756
Mark, whats up with that poor LX? looks like it's being neglected.. lol

i LOVE fox body mustangs.

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1208
Something went wrong with it. We still haven't diagnosed the problem yet. I'm thinking about dropping a 302 in it, but it's going to take a lot of work. The body is in decent shape, but the engine is fu<ked up.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4594
" I just want my f150 back (#1 selling truck in america for 25 some odd years btw) "

Haha thats true b/c they don't last as long as Chevys.......

Chevy = longest lasting trucks on the road

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6782
Thieves, how the hell do you beat with a clunker like Blazer? Either you're racing grandmas in Mustangs or somebody is dreaming.
I've owned Blazer in the past, and it's not fast at all.
Were you really racing true Mustangs or were they old and rusted ones hauling trailers/boats?
I have 1986 Mustang, and believe me, it's not slow at all. I think it did 0-60 in 5 seconds.

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 737
i had a 98 mustang gt. even after a few mods it didnt impress me . and i've driven other mustang gt's and none of them impress me. a friend of mine traded for a 1996 cobra that was built to the mmax. and it was wicked. but face it 4.6 gt's are weak and just sound tough. get an lt1 car theyre fast from the factory and not tha expensive.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6784
There was a stretch of time where Ford made $hitty ones to lure female drivers. It worked for a bit, but they also lost lot of male drivers. I have one word for them, idiots.

Bronze Member
Username: Fred_sanford

Huntsville, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 61
dont do a 08 ranger with a automatic! my company has 3 of them with less than 10k and all 3 have had to have new trans.! just in town driving no towing, no heavy loads.

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1240
no one is reading the title of this thread, lol, or the part where I exluded GTs and higher. and no Isaac I'm not dreaming, time and time again, I pull away from that time period and I'm hoping the 6 cylinder model..lol In second gear they catch up but once my automatic blazer hits 3rd I just pull away..lol...

I don't like that time frame cause they are ugly and pathetic as a "muscle car" I do like the original 5.0s and the cobras...as well as the '64-'71 range. BTW, I'd love a '69 Boss with a blower

Fred, I'd never get a automatic again!!! I'd only get a stick. And it seems like Ford has sh1tty trans in everything below the F150 series, lol

M.S. as far as long lasting, read my post as to why I would never own a chevy again...lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 6785
"but once my automatic blazer hits 3rd I just pull away"

How the hell do you do that? My 5.0L Stang on 3rd gear could almost burn rubber. It has lot of torque and power till it reaches 5th gear. So I still can't picture how you can beat most Mustangs on a stock Blazer.

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 868
if u want fast get u a chevy nova,or the new corvette

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 16114
i think he was talking about the smaller engine mustangs.

but still the v6 mustangs will beat the blazer. only answer i have is that the guy in the mustang wasn't trying to race you. or you got a real good headstart.

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1244
^yeah chad I was talking about the v6, Isaac take some time to read the title and what mustangs I am talking about before you get all riled up.

but I even drove one to see if I was just imagining sh1t, a 5 speed, and was completely unimpressed. I know that my Saturn Ion could take that thing any day.

As for whether he was really trying to race me...he pulled up next to me and gave me the ghey head nodd and I saw his nose lift up...again, once I hit 3rd I pulled away. and I've done it before other than just last night. Those v6 1999-2004, the body style just before the current have NOTHING under the hood(if it's the v6 model)

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1245
once more for Isaac, we are talking about the 3.8L v6

Gold Member

Post Number: 6787
I'm not getting "riled" up. Was only trying to understand how you were able to beat any car with a stock Blazer. As I have mentioned before, I did own a 4door Blazer as well. It wasn't fast at all.
Let me ask you a question, when you race in your Blazer, does the torque push your body back onto the seat? I can't believe the Mustangs you mentioned were that pathetic.

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1247
not really, but neither did the mustang I drove, which is the type I'm talking about, even when I got the RPMs up, as well as double clutching. I was not pushed back in my seat one bit. The 5.0L is another story :-) but the 3.8L has nothing. Am I saying my blazer is fast? He11 no, lol, I am saying those 3.8L are slow/pathetic.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7293
best sellign and most popular suv in american :-):-):-) FORD EXPLORER..

FORD>chevy

like ford says ford cars are made to be though and for the normal driver, the chevys are more for the detailed guy who follows and reads the instructions manual.

the blazer are faster than explorer yeah they are but doesnt mean their better. my truck is going to the 200k and is better than ever.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5630
why would you even buy a v6 stang

anyway people going around here brand bashing and this is better then that is just stupid. i lost respect for some of you guys. all the manufactures make good cars and really good just depends on what your looking for. and they all make one that suck but to say chevy>ford or ford<chevy is just stupid. honestly its like would i want a saturn or a torus. hell neither they both suck but just because those suck doesnt mean ford and chevy suck. plus some people like those cars because they get them from a to b at a cheap price.

sorry for the rant but you people are ignorant today

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 738
no where in the term muscle car does anyone ever tlak about v6's.. they are a pathetic excuse of a car unles you want good gas mileage and not speed. plus they sound like sh!t

V6 "muscle car"= FTMFL

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7294
havent seen a v6 mustang with a superturbocharger

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4603
I don't have anything against Ford. In fact a 88 taurus was one of the best cars my family ever had. 200k miles and 15 years.

But when some people starting bashing Chevy, I had to point out that their trucks last longer than Ford's, as is proven by vehicle registration data from the 1980s foreword.

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1263
again, from my personal exp with GM, and more so Chevy, b/c I have had even more problems with my blazer...longest lasting, I don't think so...I would love to RUN back to Ford if I had the money, I'm not sure how much longer this thing will last or how much more money it's going to suck out of me to keep it maintained.

the only truck I've ever seen with 300k miles on it and still running strong is an F series.. but that's just me

Silver Member

Post Number: 885
ford is ga.y

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1268
only on tues and thurs

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1484
Go race a v6 camaro ten, same outcome.I am a FORD guy all the way and the 96-98 GT's were lacking. Didn't have the corect heads and were slower than the 95 Gt 5.0. In 99 they went to the PI heads and helped alot. The 99-04 Gt's are a poor mans muscle car. BUT, BUT!!! easy to bolt on and add horses.

Now if I still had my 04 mach 1 (which I will be buying another one VERY soon) it would make the 04 vette look stupid along witht he Camaro SS and ram air trans am. With a tune and bolt on flowmasters I got 32 mpg on highway, 12's in the 1/4, and handles pretty good.

Now I will say you woudn't walk form the new 4.0 V6 in your Jimmiy hehe. You have the 4.3 in your Jimmy so it will be a more even match.

As for trucks, the only truck close is the Dodge cumming Ford owns all in trucks. Cars, it will always be a toss up. My last words :cough: FORD GT :cough: :-)

Kevin

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 16141
well said kevin.

i wouldn't mind getting a f150 so i can raise it and put some big azz tires on it.

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1282
very well put Kevin.

which would be a better SPL vehicle, a new F150, or new Ranger(super cab)...both would have just about the same area to work with behind the seats me thinks, maybe the ranger would have a bit more though.

having trouble deciding with path to go...

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 574
Didnt they make a mustang with a 2.? liter v6? I like F150's, new or old. The late 80's ish F150's were built like tanks. I've hit some sh!t hard with an 89' F150 I drove and didnt even touch it. I know if that would have happened in a 99' ram I drove it would have near totaled it.

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2175
my dad ordered me a 2008 Harley-Davidson F150. :-)
its gonna be badass. my pops is a ford dealer. so Ford>anything.

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5639
glad to see you back chase.

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1294
lucky b1tch

Gold Member

Post Number: 2176
yeah, its been awhile, ive havent been posting much anymore, just alot of reading.

anyone want any insider info on the new ford products?

oh and my dad got some mail yesterday saying that as of Dec 15, 2007 they were over 70,000 units ahead of chevrolet in Total TRUCK sales.
so mark up another to the Ford Guys. i think thats 30 straight years now :-)

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4658
Again, they sell more cause the have to replaced more often........

according to vehicle registration data chevys last longer on average.

On another note, I want a new style Silverado with 6.0L V8

I just wish they offered a manual transmission.

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1301
your logic seems flawed...if they have to be replaced SO OFTEN, why do people keep buying them?

I don't understand you sometimes M.S.

Ford Trucks>all

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1302
Hey Chase, I hear they're bringing back the SVT line, is this true?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4662
Neither I nor any 20+ yr old chevy truck owner understand why the Ford guys do what they do

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5645
MS your statement doest really make sense. what about people that just want to buy a new model truck or want to keep trading in for a newer truck for a warranty and stuff like that. iv seen old chevys and old fords from the 70s with original motors on them and tons of miles. not trying to say one is better because they are both good :-)

and chase i want to talk to you again sometime on aim, adddisorder

Silver Member

Post Number: 931
i do not like fords im the same as m.s. i got a old 88 chevy truck still going

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4665
" they are both good :-) "

I agree. Like I said before I don't have anything against Ford. I just get all fired up when people start bashing Chevrolet.

I do prefer Chevys trucks since I find them easier to work on.

Silver Member

Post Number: 932
i do not like fords lol i was born a chevy man

Gold Member

Post Number: 2177
mat ill probably be on later tonight.

as for the SVT line, they are just offering trucks and some cars that they send to saleen and roush, its called 3rd party ordering, you order the truck and once it is built at the plant they ship it to either one of those mentioned above and they add the performance stuff, its a hassle a quite a bit of money.

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1303
any of the older trucks...i.e. prior lets say '95 are built like tanks...my problem is my chevy blazer, it's a luxury sedan all leather interior, on star, all that jazz and I've had nothing but problems with it. Prior to the blazer I had a GM owned Saturn Ion and had a ton of problems with the AC, I eventually just stopped using it because I got tired of trying to repair it. My first vehicle, Ford F150, never had any problems what so ever.

That's why, IMO and exp, Ford>Chevy

Despite that, my two fav vehicles ever are:
1970 C-10
1954 F100 (other than that, any F series)

Silver Member

Post Number: 942
i wouldnt have a new vehicle anyways there alll beggening to be electronics.my moms car doesnt even have freaking spark plugs its ran off a electronic box,and soon big engines are gone,all vehicle are required to run 40 mpg or better by 2020

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1317
I don't like how "electronic" orienated already, if one thing goes bad, there goes everything else, ends up costing you a fortune to replace something that doesn't even really effect how the engine or trans works

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4698
Yeah I don't know what I'll do after my 94 Blazer (old style) dies......... That will be a while though since these engines run 200k+ miles and I've got 170k on it, and have an engine and trans with 120k waiting......... I'm gonna be driving this truck forever haha.

I already replaced almost all the body panels and had it repainted due to rust (northeast winters FTL).

Silver Member

Post Number: 947
im prolly getting a blazer next year,want the room for a system but dont want the big engine that takes so much gas as a tahoe

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1326
then get an escape, if you're thinking about the S-10 Blazer. Like I said, I've had nothing but problems with mine.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4710
97 and older S10 Blzer = awesome

98+ = not so much

But I'd still take it over an escape Besides, Fords competition to the blazer is the explorer BTW.

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5660
yeah i dont like the escape. but if your worried about fuel then buy a honda

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1333
well actually, they changed it to an escape, and chevy change the competition to the explorer to the current TRAILblazer...but whatev

I have an '01 blazer, I'd take an escape any day of the week at this point.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4719
yeah 98+ blazers = not so good

I guess thats why they replaced them with the Trailblazer

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1335
why did chevy keep using the same name repetitively? Could they not come up with anything else? I understand something like the F150 or Silverado, they don't change names back and forth, but WTF?

i.e. trailblazer,blazer(full size), trailblazer(s-10), blazer(s-10), trailblazer

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4729
The old S10 Blazers were extremely popular. Used to be the most popular SUV. I guess they wanted to carry over the name to the new vehicle to help it sell better so the came up with trailblazer.

Same thing Ford just did with the Taurus.

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1345
yeah but chevy has done it more than once, with virtually the same vehicle. For instance, my model blazer was called the trailblazer in '05 I believe, and maybe when they first came out. But when the '06, again not sure on the year, came out, it was still called the trailblazer but the body was completely different. And they have done that several times.
Another example is the old style blazers, the square body s-10s, used to be called tahoes, then trailblazers, then blazers...STOP SWITCHING!!!! lol

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4731
Actually its even worse than that. "Tahoe" used to be an option package for the old S10 blazer. The they used that name when the came up with the shorter version of the suburban.

Well at least they stuck with suburban for a while. Since 1935 ain't too bad.

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1349
yeah, true.

my friend still has his tahoe package blazer actualy...has a newly rebuilt small block 350, 2.5" exhaust throuhout, 700R4 trans I think....it's nice:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us