Mitchell Report

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2378
Tomorrow at 2:00 pm ET. Be there or be square...lol

At least both the League and Players Association are sharing blame....

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7521
To say the least, it is going to be very interesting. I could go into full detail of what the implications are but it would be a novel, I'm sure we all know them anyway.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7525
Say it aint so Roger.

I hate to say this, but I think we are about to see baseball change before our eyes today. I really hate to say this but I believe a bunch of Yankee players will have to answer some tough questions.

Gonna be a rough day.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7532
Andy joined the crowd now as well.

At this rate, they will have named every Yankee player at the end of the day lol.

Why cant they name a player from a team other than the Yanks?

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3359
Man, I honestly don't even wanna see it. It's going to ruin my perception of baseball. I just hope the A-Rod isn't on the list (I am expecting him to be) because he's the only one with a good chance to break Bonds mockery of the greatest record of all time.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7534
Im with you Reece. I honestly don't think they should show this list to anyone or even make the list to begin with.

George Mitchell is a douche. The list will nit-pick every single Yankee player who has ever touched steroids and may not mention any Red Sox player. Mitchell is on the board of directors for the Sox. Biased list anyone?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2399
Hey, didnt I post a couple of pics of Clemens over in that bond thread, comparing him then to now?

Yanks, bud, you know you're my boy, but why would you say that they shouldnt show the list or make it to begin with? You guys were all ready to hang Bonds, but now its people that you guys like and support so now it shouldnt be shown? I can see where you're coming from and how its gonna suck but, lets be real.

I'm glad that they are coming out with a list so now they can get serious about steroid use and do something about it, like they should have done long ago.

Btw...I dont support Bonds anymore. I was in denial, being a lifetime Giants fan. So I know how its gonna feel Yanks. It straight sucks.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7537
I see your point Jesse and its fine. I knew someone was gonna bring this up the point of me wanting to hang Bonds and now that Clemens and Pettitte have used steroids, what do i think. Honestly, the reason I don't want to see the list is because it is gonna change the game of baseball forever. Just because this list comes out doesn't mean people will stop using steroids. Steroid use will still go on forever. It just a part of the game now that fans, GMs, and everyone has to accept. Im not saying it right because it isn't but its impossible to stop without testing everyone everyday which just isn't plausible. If this list comes out and names names like Arod, Ortiz, Santana, Tejada, Jones, Schilling, or any other big name people, then what do we do? Suspend them for steroid use? Not put them in the Hall of Fame? I have my own personal points of views on those subjects and so does everyone. I feel this list is pointless. The only thing it will do is it will hurt baseball. Is it fair to exploit these players? Sure why not, they messed up, let it be known. Should they go out and exploit these players? I don't think so. There are no positives that will come out of this.

Also, as a Yankee fan, I feel this list will be biased. Mitchell is on the Red Sox Board of Directors. They couldn't let someone who doesn't have any affiliation with any baseball team do the report? Thats just crap in my opinion.

To put it short, I just don't see any positives which will come out of this report.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2400
Upload As a sports fan, you dont want to see any of this. I seen a list over on the drudge report (which is gone now) and A-Rod was not on it. Tejada was. Here's the list cause I copied it. I dont know if its real or not so dont take my word for it. We will get to the real list in about 10 minutes or so.

Brady Anderson
Manny Alexander
Rick Ankiel
Jeff Bagwell
Barry Bonds
Aaron Boone
Rafael Bettancourt
Bret Boone
Milton Bradley
David Bell
Dante Bichette
Albert Belle
Paul Byrd
Wil Cordero
Ken Caminiti
Mike Cameron
Ramon Castro
Jose Canseco
Ozzie Canseco
Roger Clemens
Paxton Crawford
Wilson Delgado
Lenny Dykstra
Johnny Damon
Carl Everett
Kyle Farnsworth
Ryan Franklin
Troy Glaus
Rich Garces
Jason Grimsley
Juan Gonzalez
Eric Gagne
Nomar Garciaparra
Jason Giambi
Jeremy Giambi
Jose Guillen
Jay Gibbons
Juan Gonzalez
Clay Hensley
Jerry Hairston
Felix Heredia, Jr.
Darren Holmes
Wally Joyner
Darryl Kile
Matt Lawton
Raul Mondesi
Mark McGwire
Guillermo Mota
Robert Machado
Damian Moss
Abraham Nunez
Trot Nixon
Jose Offerman
Andy Pettitte
Mark Prior
Neifi Perez
Rafael Palmiero
Albert Pujols
Brian Roberts
Juan Rincon
John Rocker
Pudge Rodriguez
Sammy Sosa
Scott Sc hoenweiis
David Segui
Alex Sanchez
Gary Sheffield
Miguel Tejada
Julian Tavarez
Fernando Tatis
Maurice Vaughn
Jason Varitek
Ismael Valdez
Matt Williams
Kerry Wood

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7538
WOW. I am honestly sitting here with my jaw dropped.

Some HUGE names on their.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7539
5 Current Yankees
1 Current Red Sox

Maybe I miscounted....list probably isn't even the tip of the iceberg.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2401
The Mitchell report is on MLB.com as a pdf file. It doesnt have a "list" in it rather conversations naming people. Along with checks and package labels with names.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2404
Have you been listening to these fucktards on ESPN? Saying sh!t like "I'm a layman but this sounds like hearsay to me". When bonds had "allegedly" used HGH or steroids, it wasnt no hearsay.

Again, I dont support Bonds, but lets be fair here....you know what I'm saying.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 734
The official list on yahoo sports:

New Names:
Chad Allen
Mike Bell
Gary Bennett
Larry Bigbie
Kevin Brown
Alex Cabrera
Mark Carreon
Jason Christiansen
Howie Clark
Roger Clemens
Jack Cust
Brendan Donnelly
Chris Donnels
Matt Franco
Eric Gagne
Matt Herges
Phil Hiatt
Glenallen Hill
Todd Hundley
Mike Judd
David Justice
Chuck Knoblauch
Tim Laker
Mike Lansing
Paul Lo Duca
Nook Logan
Josias Manzanillo
Cody McKay
Kent Mercker
Bart Miadich
Hal Morris
Daniel Naulty
Denny Neagle
Jim Parque
Andy Pettitte
Adam Piatt
Todd Pratt
Stephen Randolph
Adam Riggs
Armando Rios
Brian Roberts
F.P. Santangelo
Mike Stanton
Ricky Stone
Miguel Tejada
Ismael Valdez
Mo Vaughn
Ron Villone
Fernando Vina
Rondell White
Jeff Williams
Todd Williams
Steve Woodard
Kevin Young
Gregg Zaun

Previously named:
Manny Alexander
Rick Ankiel
David Bell
Marvin Benard
Barry Bonds
Ricky Bones
Paul Byrd
Jose Canseco
Paxton Crawford
Lenny Dykstra
Bobby Estalella
Ryan Franklin
Jason Giambi
Jeremy Giambi
Jay Gibbons
Troy Glaus
Juan Gonzalez
Jason Grimsley
Jose Guillen
Jerry Hairston Jr.
Darren Holmes
Ryan Jorgensen
Gary Matthews Jr.
Rafael Palmeiro
John Rocker
Benito Santiago
Scott Schoeneweis
David Segui
Gary Sheffield
Randy Velarde
Matt Williams

Only two Cardinals players on there, unless i miscounted.. and Bennett sucks anyway.. thank goodnes.

Also, very good to see A-rod not on there, like you guys said.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 2365
anyone who is surprised by this report, or feels their "perception of baseball" has changed from this, has been living in denial. We should have all known a sh!t load of players were takin em'. This is exactly why i said and still say Barry Bonds has been unfairly treated and villified. What he did was wrong, but people only singled him out to try to deny the real scope of the problem.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 13865
Bonds has gotten an unfair shake all along..These other players and I'm sure hundreds more, including minor leaguers, did NOT get all this bad PR that Bonds did..they are all equally WRONG, if proven...and undeserving of any awards, honors, records, Hall of Fame, or be allowed to ever play ball again...

IMO, this is 100 worse than Pete Rose's actions and therefore this deserves the strictest penalties allowed by all legal, baseball, and ethical laws of the land...This just kicked baseball back 30 years..almost as bad as the Black Sox scandal...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13866
Yanks...your attempt to turn this Mitchell report into a Yankee witch hunt is the most unrealistic childish thing I've heard in years!...it is what it is!...quit being so vain, this is NOT about the yankees or the Red Sox, its about BASEBALL...ALL TEAMS!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7543
LK, Im just saying why not have a person who has no affiliation with any team do it? Is that too much to ask for? Having a fair "trial"?

I just have my thoughts on it and no matter what you say wont change my thoughts. I do think they went after the Yankees a little unfairly. Having a quick look at the list, it seems like almost every 5 players names i read is now or has been a Yankee. Thats that.

And i still dont know why they even bothered to do this report. IT DOESNT DO ANYTHING POSITIVE FOR BASEBALL. It is completely useless. The only thing is does is add another blemish to the MLBs reputation. I think Bud Selig has no power or right to suspend or fine anyone on the list. This is as useful for baseball as me taking a sh1t and giving it to them. Actually, my sh1t would be more useful because it wouldnt make them look terrible. This is complete nonsense. George Mitchell is a stupid f-ck.

Honestly, theres no way to stop steroid use so why bother with this dumbass report.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13868
Yanks...Using your rational...then why arrest criminals...IT DOESN"T DO ANYTHING POSITIVE FOR PEOPLE, your quote..IT IS COMPLETELY USELESS...

I think the police chief or commissioners (bud selig) has no power or right to investigate or take action against anybody...

Do U know how RETARDED what U are saying is?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2369
Does it do anything positive? Maybe not directly. But at the risk of sounding cheesy, the first step to solving a problem is assessing the extent/details of that problem. They need as much info as possible on who was doing them, how many, how they got em, from who, why etc.

The good that comes from this IMO is people have to face the problem, can't live in denial of it anymore. I mean people wanted to know every dirty detail of what Bonds was doing and had done, but now that they see a list with players from their favorite team or just players they are fans of, what a shock they suddenly have a different outlook on the matter.

Yanks you seem biased cause you're upset that some yankee players are now being accused. I mean you're saying they shouldn't suspend or fine people on this list....but if i recall correctly you were in favor of banning Barry Bonds and stripping him of his records and such based on only speculation, doesn't seem fair to me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2408
The media is definitely being unfair. They are treating this alot differently than how they treated Bonds. I find it very interesting that there is a poll on the espn front page asking, "Would Roger Clemens get your vote for the hall of fame?". Right now it is 53% in favor of YES!!! When they did this kind of poll on Bonds, it was overwhelmingly a NO in favor of him getting into the Hall.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13869
I belive the NY area has a much bigger metro population area and many more yankee fans worldwide than the giants who of course will vote Yes for Clemens and NO for Bonds...whats good for 1 is good for the other....same allegations against both...jus like Mcguire, this year too..

This is NOT a media unfairness gauge, the ESPN poll, its a popularity contest by the fans, more Yankees than Giants..

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7551
Seriously though what good came out of this?
Push everything off to the side, what good did it do?

Pit, they have conclusive evidence of Bonds doing sh1t. This whole thing is basically he said she said.

And LK, what are you talking about with don't arrest criminals? You my friend sound retarded with that statement. Arresting criminals does something positive. This report doesn't....

But hey, if it turns out to be true with all these players, so be it. I just have my doubts on this

Gold Member

Post Number: 2409
I know the poll was from the fans, the poll also list's the percentages from state to state and every state, overall, except Massachusetts voted yes. But did you happen to see the espn guys talking yesterday?

The reason more NY players got named is because one of the main source's of this investigation, McNamee, was a Personal Trainer to Clemens and Pettite, and Yankees employee who said he personally shot those guys up. Radomski, who was getting the steroids for the players, was a clubhouse employee for the Mets.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2374
"its impossible to stop without testing everyone everyday which just isn't plausible."

that's another reason why this is good IMO. It's too easy to get around the testing. Now players know, if they do the roids, their actions and purchases and stuff will be tracked down. And if it becomes obvious that you did the drugs even though you didn't technically fail a test, you lose everything. Your fans, endorsements, respect...Gives the cheaters a lot more to worry about than just passing the urine test.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7553
"The reason more NY players got named is because one of the main source's of this investigation, McNamee, was a Personal Trainer to Clemens and Pettite, and Yankees employee who said he personally shot those guys up. Radomski, who was getting the steroids for the players, was a clubhouse employee for the Mets."

Thats just another reason why I feel the Yankees are being exploited more so than anyone else. Im not trying to turn this into a whole the Yankees were personally attacked. I just think they were unfairly exploited compared to everyone else.

The thing is though Pit, they haven't even caught 10% of the players in the MLB who have used steroids. Players will continue to use steroids and just hope they don't get caught. And if they do, then so be it.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7554
The only way to make sure no one has used steroids is to test them after each and every game. And there is no way they will or can do that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2413
"Thats just another reason why I feel the Yankees are being exploited more so than anyone else. Im not trying to turn this into a whole the Yankees were personally attacked. I just think they were unfairly exploited compared to everyone else."

They chose to talk. They didnt have to...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2375
" they haven't even caught 10% of the players in the MLB who have used steroids."

That is an unsubstantiated, baseless number you threw out there yanks.

"Players will continue to use steroids and just hope they don't get caught. And if they do, then so be it."

You REALLY believe that's how the next decade or so will play out? Are you gonna continue to be a fan? If so you're a time-wasting chump in my book....which i hope isn't the case cause i'm in love with you.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7575
Of course that a baseless number. Lets be serious though, do you really think they caught all the people? No, not even close.

And sadly enough, yea, they will continue to use steroids. Will I keep being a fan? Yea, I love baseball. Do I think its right for them to continue to use steroids? Absolutely not. The thing is though, we won't know who would be using steroids until they get caught. Am I supposed to not like baseball because some of the league uses steroids? Love you too Pit....even if Big Ben did have a career day to beat me lol, no h0m0

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7587
Andy came out today and admitted to his 'use.'
Used it for 2 days to help him heal faster back in '02. Used HGH not steroids.
It wasnt illegal to use back then. I dont see him getting suspended since his use was so small and insignificant.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13346
Ken Griffey Jr.. FTMFEWOFJDFDNVVW :-)

He's still my fav player

Gold Member

Post Number: 2384
"Ken Griffey Jr.. FTMFEWOFJDFDNVVW"

Right there with you chauncey, Ken is the greatest HR hitter ever to me. If his career wasn't plagued with injuries he would have stupid silly numbers.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7628
I don't think I have ever met anyone who didn't like Ken Griffey. There were rumors of him coming over to the Yankees last year. That would have been nuts if he did.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13872
Yanks...got my spring training tickets saturday morning... took me 2 hours online and phone "redial"....BUT was successful..

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7632
Congrats LK. I've always wanted to go some spring training games. They seem like a lot of fun to go down to.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6823
Who really cares if Barry Bonds got unfair treatment. Why are some of you even wasting your time on guilty rich b turds? Unlike other cheaters, Bonds dared anyone to catch him. What 2 bit idiot would do that on tv?
Roger is the "white" version of Bonds. They're both big cheaters. When a person reaches 40, they're not suppose to be better than when they were young.
Anyways, I don't feel sorry for anyone on the list. They will deny it all, but if you notice, none of them sued. Roger probably will, but if he's smart, he'd retire and disappear like you know who from St Louis.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7650
If Roger didn't do it, then he would be smart to sue. No one has sued yet because its so early in the process. Those who will sue, who I think might be someone, are getting prepared right now. They won't come out and say anything until they have the appropriate statement and have talked with their lawyers for a good amount of time.

IMO, I do believe we will see someone sue them. I hope they do.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6826
Those that sue (mabye Roger) will only do so after their lawyers find loop holes. If you were 100% innocent, you'd sue right away, even before it became public. None of the players sued, even though they had advanced warning. So that only proves, they're looking for a way out. At least Andy was man enough to not lie about it.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7654
Are you sure they had advanced warning? I'm pretty sure none of the players knew about it before it was released that day.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6828
I read it on the news that the players had advanced warning and knew the names/people involved. That's why some news reports in Canada were telling Rogers to either shut up or sue now, and stop stalling for time.
It's always been the guilty b turds that stall. There is no gray area, you're either innocent or guilty. You can't tell the judge that you're innocent cause you only did it 10x not 11x as charged.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7655
That is true Isaac. I was unaware anyone had any sort of knowledge of the report before it came out. Honestly, if Roger is sueing, then I can't blame him for waiting. He probably doesnt want to come out until he knows for sure that he is going to say exactly what he wants to say. This is a situation where you don't want to come out and say something and then have to take it back and look even more foolish. But then again, I do see what your saying about coming out right away.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7656
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20071218&content_id=2330528&vkey=news_ml b&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Gold Member

Post Number: 6831
Exactly. If someone accused you of r@pe (and you knew months ahead), would you say let me talk to my lawyer and I'll get back to you or would you say STFU and sue?
Soon it won't matter if Roger sues, cause he took too long to respond. Not something an innocent person would do. Look at the players confessing now. They took their sweet time, probably talked to their lawyers before admitting. Lot of the cheaters on the list are not making any comments.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us