Lost for words at some ppl ...

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12475
this has been circulating in a email in my country on something that actually happened at the bakery section of a popular supermarket here :

[bakery] Employee:
"Hello this is bakery department, how can I help you?"

Customer:
"I would like to order a cake for a party this week, please."

[bakery] Employee:
"What do you want written on the cake?"

Customer:
"Best Wishes Suzanne" and underneath that "We will miss you"....

[bakery] Employee:
"OK is that all? Okay, come to collect in 3 days, mam."

THREE DAYS LATER................

Upload .......

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 11040
LOLOLOL

Beat ya to it Rovin.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/off-topic/403118.html

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11041
Funny as hell.

Platinum Member

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12476
that link has way too many pics & is taking 4ever to load on my sh1tty dial up here so i havent seen all that madness as yet

anyway - here is another wacko story :

Man Marries Dog !

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071113/ap_on_fe_st/india_man_weds_dog;_ylt=AmBO3S0lAvsXIQXk3UKvaRIDW7oF

}

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 2168
i hate when i'm paying for food or something, and the total is like $5.26, so i give them $6.01, and they try to give me the penny back like "oh you gave me too much", and i'm like "oh really? you're an idiot, go swallow a knife."

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5451
haha i hate when that happens pit

Gold Member

Post Number: 2180
I work in retail and when my boss interviews someone he always asks them a question like that. It's like if you don't have enough common sense to understand that concept, how can we rely on you having common sense on other, more important things?

Platinum Member

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12478
how about when u pay a cashier with 10 10$ notes or 20 5$ notes & they have to use a calculator to see if it adds up to $100 .....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11047
I know they're only doing thier job but I hate it when they hold up your bill to the light to check if it's real. When they give me change I hold mine up too. I get laughs from some, stares from others.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Ohio

Post Number: 3874
actaully thats a good idea paul, cause i got a fake $10 before from mcdonadls once, later found it was fake when it didn't have a security code thing, so itook it to the police station but them fvckstains didn't believe me so they had to "investigate" my house to make sure i didn't have the "equipment" to make fake money, i was like WTF all i have is a POS scanner and a lexmark printer like im gonna make fakes. i remeber another time where i was at a store and and total was $60 and some odd cents and i payed with 2 20's and four 5's and the guys like you didn't give me enough so i had to take it and count it out for him, then just walked away. where do these people comefrom.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11054
Idaho.

The left side.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2182
" i remeber another time where i was at a store and and total was $60 and some odd cents and i payed with 2 20's and four 5's and the guys like you didn't give me enough..."

either you left out a detail in the story....or you owed him some change lol.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Ohio

Post Number: 3882
LOL ya it was like 15cents or something i don't remmember but i know i gave it to him.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2187
I am truly surrounded by morons. Went grocery shopping today and while loading the groceries into my car, find my half-dozen eggs (which i had previously checked for structural integrity) were half broken and oozing into the bag because the moron bagger kid put them on the bottom of a bag underneath chicken breasts and frozen veggies!!!

I suppose i could have watched him bag the stuff, but jeez it'd just be nice to be able to assume some common sense from people sometimes!!!!!! I mean i've never even worked that job but c'mon you put eggs in a seperate bag or AT LEAST on the top of stuff in the bag.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11067
Minimum wage doesn't get that much of an employee today Pit. Who's really pathetic looking is the 45 year old overweight manager in charge of all the morons. You know the one, the guy in the red vest with all the keys. Sad thing is he thinks he has a career.......

Gold Member

Post Number: 2189
yeah but i try not to be judgemental of those people though cause you never really know what their story is.

My dad has had a career as an engineer for the last 30+ years making ~55-65K/year and a couple years ago, the company went to sh!t. I don't know all the details of how pensions and such work but the company went bankrupt and people got fu<ked on some money they were supposed to get when they retired and such. My dad was lucky enough to get a good new engineering gig at about the same salary like 6months later, but during that 6 months or so he was getting close to having no other choice than to just go get a job at a grocery store or retail store w/e. And i couldn't help but think about how people were gonna look at him like "what a loser".

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11073
My father used to manage a shift in an old tooling company (Elliot) back in Pittsburgh. Worked his way up through the ranks over the years to get there along side his father. Company dried up and he moved his family to Jersey where the work was. He worked at Mack truck, Roller bearing inc, Transamerica, ect over the next 15 years quietly diminishing his roll in the companies he worked for. He's 65 now and can't afford to retire yet.

He drives a delivery truck for 7-11 now. He's not proud, but should be because he did whatever he had to for my mother to raise me and my 4 siblings.

I know exactly where you're coming from Pit.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2190
yeah pauly my dad is 62 and at times, when he's frustrated/upset with bills and expenses and such, he'll comment about how he's gonna have to work till he dies. breaks my heart :-(

i guess i should try to use it as motivation to make lots of money so i can repay him for all the sacrifices he's made, but its overwhelming cause i'm not even done with college!!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11075
Yup. Growing up I remember all the time being told "You'll learn that in college".

Turned out they couldn't afford to send any of us. If we wanted college it was coming through our own efforts. I know that eats away at my Dad to this day.

I went straight to work at 16 part time and full time after HS. Apprentice, carpenter's helper to on my own construction. Got tired of the weather extremes and started working for a truss plant. In the shop for years, became a shift foreman, then moved upstairs into design. In my third truss plant now never looking back, only forward. I'm a few ticks away from taking on design manager at $100,000+ a year with all the perks. Expense account, company paid vehicle, seminars across the country at any of our 110 plants, ect, ect, ect......on a HS diploma.

My Dad did a good job whether he thinks so or not. I guess that's why it's easy for me to give back during holidays and such, like giving free turkeys away on Thanksgiving. I know what it's like to go without. I even help my ex-wife out financially from time to time. It's just who I am.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us