Hey cocoon

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10180
You MIGHT be my best source here so I'll give it a shot lol. I can't get any response over in home video.

I'm in the market for a projector. Any suggestions? I have the perfect wall for it and I would be selling my big screen to offset the cost so do you have any ideas? Don't suggest a $2000 projector, I won't listen lol. I bought my mitsubushi for about $1500. I'm going to ask for about half that. Throw some projectors in that price range that are decent. I'm dying to have a 9' screen.

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 822
u can get a mitsubishi for 1000, but is only 720p. I have a buddy that has one. Man... his tv is huge!

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6181
paul....that is so unecessary.....lol but i love it, get pics when its done bud

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10181
Lol Yanks, yeah maybe but I've wanted one for quite some time now. And it would be almost no cost for me. I would just love to watch movies/sports on a screen size a projector is capable of. It would take up my entire wall. THAT would be awesome! I just know nothing about them and have a ton of questions. The last thing I need is some commission hungry salesman trying to convince me I need to drop 2 g's to get a decent picture. There are so many out there under a grand and I want to know if they're worth it.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2840
First of all... a wall defeats the purpose (and performance) of a high quality projector. Second, in the $1500 range you aren't going to find one that will throw a nine foot diagonal image worth a flying fuck. Paul, after you put down the crack pipe, come back down to earth, and start thinking reasonably at purchasing a quality decent sized reflective screen (Da-Lite, Draper)... look into the following brands that are an excellent choice at your budget:

Optoma HD7100
Samsung SP-H710AE
Mitsubishi HC100U
InFocus IN36

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10184
Wow Brad, thanks for putting that softly lol. Yes I knew a screen MIGHT have to be a purchase requirement, I just didn't know for sure. Every tv I've owned was either tube or big screen. Realistically the screen size would be in the 72" range, even tho I have a 9' wall surface to work with. Sorry for the bad info.

And I have yet to pick up the pipe tonight.

Yet.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2843
I probably should have put a "lol" in there somewhere, was meant to be light-hearted

May I suggest:

http://www.avsuperstore.com/moreinfo.cfm/Da-Lite/92996

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10186
Thanks bud.

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 4564
You can try browsing though "Google Products" thou it might be a very exhausting search looking for the best prices. I have my eye on a few UK biased suppliers that are doing video projectors under the £1000.00 pound mark.

The link provided here seems to correspond to UK prices try using it over in the US I'm sure you'll find something that would suit your budget.

http://www.google.co.uk/products?hl=en&resnum=0&q=video%20projectors%20&oe=UTF-8 &um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wf

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Money man, blowin

Post Number: 2884
this girl i've been hangin out with has a home movie theater with a 110+ inch screen... it's ridiculous.. the sound is incredible... and the picture is just like being there, but everything is bigger

Gold Member

Money man, blowin

Post Number: 2885
but for the record, most screens and good projectors will run you a good 7 or 8 grand i would say... not to mention install and such

Gold Member

Money man, blowin

Post Number: 2886
and for three straigh posts.. ill get pics up of that screen and such... it's naaaaassstty
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us