Archive through August 07, 2007

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SQ IS THE ONLY WAY

Post Number: 13697
yanks did beat the d-backs today. the d-backs are a good team.

also the dodgers are looking to sweep the mets. i think both of the new york teams don't play too well agains the los angeles teams this year. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9947
Hell, all us Red Sox fans are rooting for the Mets this year...just to piss off the yankees fans!...LMAO

BTW...we love the Red Sox and ALL teams the Yankees play!

oooh also...U said "im just saying man, objects in mirror are closer than they appear" ...well I say, thats true, if U are looking in a wide angle passenger mirror thats giving a DISTORTED view of the TRUE reality...LOL

Look at it like this, if the Sox lose 8 in a row now, and the yankees win 8 MORE in a row (an impossible feat by both teams)....the Yankees will STILL only be in 2nd place!....LMAO!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 9948
Hell, all us Red Sox fans are rooting for the Mets this year...just to piss off the yankees fans!...LMAO

oooh also...U said "im just saying man, objects in mirror are closer than they appear" ...well I say, thats true, if U are looking in a wide angle passenger mirror thats giving a DISTORTED view of the TRUE reality...LOL

Look at it like this, if the Sox lose 8 in a row now, and the yankees win 8 MORE in a row (an impossible feat by both teams)....the Yankees will STILL only be in 2nd place!....LMAO!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 9948

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5272
swept the diamondbacks who are acutally pretty good this year...won 9 in a row and 8 back

im just saying, dont sleep on us LK. our pitching is turning it around and bats are coming alive

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5273
7.5 back....

way to lose 2 to colorado lol....talking about easy part of the schedule....doesnt get too much easier than a series against colorado at home lol

been a rough month so far, you've gone 5-8....we've gone 11-2

could this be the ultimate boston collapse? lol
only time will tell

Platinum Member

SQ IS THE ONLY WAY

Post Number: 13702
american league belongs to the angels.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9975
Mets shut out Yankees 2-0.....Go METS!...LMAO...Roger Rocket Clemens (the $28 million man) gets outpitched and gets the LOSS!!!.....LMAO

The Mets manufactured their first run against Clemens with speed, then flexed muscle for the second. Gomez, a 21-year-old speedster, singled and stole second to open the third inning against Clemens; Reyes, followed with a two-strike single to center that put the Mets on the board.

Reyes again reached Clemens with one out in the fifth, drilling his third home run of the season..

Red Sox beat San Francisco Giants 10-2...LETS GO RED SOX!

Team W L PCT GB
Boston 42 24 .636 -
NY Yankees 33 32 .508 8.5
Toronto 32 34 .485 10.0
Tampa Bay 29 36 .446 12.5
Baltimore 29 38 .433 13.5

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5314
lets get this thread back up....

yanks won last nite as well did the red sox
chien ming pitched beautifully last nite....bats were alive early....great game to watch

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1229
i was at the game ... the mets dont have $hit againist a sinker ... they looked like fools

if reyes is out on his front leg hes a nobody ...

gomez is to raw to say ne thing about ...

gotay is a nobody

beltran is slumping but he is a gazelle in the of

delgado needs to hang up the spikes

lo duca is a pu$$y he got in his elbow pad and had to be taken out of the game

that mets team isnt everything their cracked out to be ...

pitching is mediocre ... with a few bright spots.. if they can harness o perez theyll be solid

yanks are on all cylinders ... hopefully they can keep it rolling

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10014
LETS GO RED SOX.....LETS GO RED SOX!!!....LMAO!

Upload

Upload

Platinum Member

SQ IS THE ONLY WAY

Post Number: 13738
i doubt the yankess will ever catch the red sox. you guys in the east have a weak division. the west is strong.

red sox best record in the mlb and the angels have the second best in the mlb. its a race between the 2 teams.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1230
as a yankee fan ... i can honestly say that they have a good chance of making the wild card ...

the sox ... have a huge bust in the making with ... lugo and drew hitting under 240 a piece ... thats a hell of a way to spend 30 mil a year with incentives ... lol
but everytime has em .. the yanks have igawa and pavano .. huge busts ...

it all comes down to who pitches and slaps the leather

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10077
Red Sox beat Atlanta 4-0 last night...Beckett gets his 10th win

Yankees lose 3-1 against Colorado...and fall another game BEHIND the Sox....LMAO

Team W L PCT GB
Boston 45 25 .643 -
NY Yankees 35 33 .515 9.0
Toronto 33 36 .478 11.5
Tampa Bay 31 38 .449 13.5
Baltimore 29 41 .414 16.0

Gold Member

Post Number: 1244
the yanks shouldnt concentrate on the sox ...

it would take a huge turn around for the teams to switch spots ... realistically .. if they have any chance of the playoffs is in the wildcard ...

they need to win every series ... and there in ... simple as that ...

Platinum Member

SQ IS THE ONLY WAY

Post Number: 13802
it will be very hard for the yankees to even go to the playoffs with a wild card. only hope yankees have is the angels and the indians killing everyone in their division. of course win games too.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5362
gotta take baby steps...like loudon said, focus on the wild card first but if we catch up with that and come within about 4-5 games of the sox, then why not focus on the division then

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10094
yanks...I agreee with U...the season is NOT even half over...anything can happen...a true fan cannot "rollover' and play dead aor give up on their team...there's alot of baseball left this season..a division champ is possible for even the yanks...OUCH, it kills me to even say that,LOL, but its very true...Yanks, don't ever give up hope until its mathmatically impossible...

ALWAYS REMEMBER WHAT THE SOX DID TO THE YANKS IN 2004, THE GREATEST COMEBACK IN HISTORY...THE SOX PROVED IT CAN BE DONE!

NOW...LETS GO RED SOX....LETS GO RED SOX....LMAO...

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5363
absolutly, theres a lot of baseball to be played still...

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3784
yes there is

ps i hope schill is okay but beckett is nasty this yr so far knock on wood

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10108
Red Sox beat Atlanta 11-0

Yankees lose again to Colorado 6-1

Yankees fall another game back ...10 games back, BEHIND the Red Sox!...Clemens pitches today and will try and stop a SWEEP by Colorado..

LETS GO RED SOX.....LETS GO RED SOX....Lets Go Colorado.....Lets Go Colorado...LMAO!!!!

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2040
Colorado's hitting is out of control right now. Two of my pitchers got shelled by them in the last couple weeks.

And as far as Schilling goes, I think he is hurt or his arm is just shot... 89mph with little movement isn't going to cut it anymore. Same thing is happening in SD with Trevor Hoffman.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10117
Schilling is on the 15 day DL list...its NOT the end of the world...LMAO

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10125
Yankees lose to Colorado 4-3...and GET SWEPT...Rockies fans were waving brooms....LMAO

This was Clemens' third start since making three minor league tuneups, and he lost for the second straight time. .....thats the 45 year old, $28 million dollar man in action...hehehe!

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10166
Team W L PCT GB
Boston 47 25 .653 -
NY Yankees 36 35 .507 10.5
Toronto 35 37 .486 12.0
Baltimore 32 41 .438 15.5
Tampa Bay 31 40 .437 15.5

Red Sox win 2-1...Dice K gets the W, outduels Maddux...Matsuzaka held the Padres to five hits and a run, while striking out nine. Dice-K struck out his last batter with a 94 mph fastball. The right-hander ran his record to 9-5..

yanks said..."Dice-K, he'll sh1t himself...japan ball and american ball are completly different, the mlb has much better hitters than over in japan."

yanks , remember him, the guy U said is NOT ready for the Majors cause he only played Japanese ball...LOL...hows that crow taste, bud!

and I'm still sticking to this.."I foresee Arod going away this year"...and he's the best player they have..he'll be on the west coast division by years end..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10170
For all U Yankee fans...

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10172
OK yanks fan... whatever U said about me earlier...LMAO

Upload

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2069
Yanks is my bro but this was too funny not to post

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 7963
So are these.

Upload

^^^I didn't make it, can't remember who did lol.

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 7964
Sorry Yanks, I'm leaving now.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10178
Yanks fan...we love ya kid...but the Yankees SUCK!...in fact they just LOST again today 6-5 to the SF Giants...LMAO

NO MERCY KID...U STARTED THIS WITH YOUR YANKEE WORSHIP COCKY BS......NOW U EAT CROW....LMAO!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10194
Sunday 24 June..

Red Sox beat the San Diego Padres 4-2..and increaseD their first place lead over the THIRD PLACE losing Yankees to 11 1/2 games..

Yankees lose again to San Francisco Giants 7-2....and fall into 3rd place behind 2nd place Toronto!

The yankees game featured the second relief appearance of Roger Clemens' career, as the 44-year-old Rocket entered to pitch the seventh inning. Clemens issued a five-pitch walk to Barry Bonds, and then a hit, before then allowing a sacrifice fly and another run by the Giants.....

oh yeah, love that $28 million dollar man...LMAO

It is rumored that Yankee fans have given up and are now switching alliance to the Mets!....LMAO

Boston 48 26 .649 -
Toronto 37 37 .500 11.0
NY Yankees 36 37 .493 11.5
Tampa Bay 33 40 .452 14.5
Baltimore 32 42 .432 16.0

LETS GO RED SOX...LETS GO RED SOX....LETS GO RED SOX...LMAO!

Yankee fans are.....Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 8002

That's alright. Yanks can fall back on his newly installed system. Win some, lose some.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5371
where to start....first off, i never said he wasnt ready for pro ball, atleast i dont remember and im not going thro those posts up there to make sure. i was saying its gonna take time to adjust to the mlb, which it did take time. the most important stats are how he does against the yankees. lets take a look:
game one against the yanks he went 7 innings giving up 8 hits and 6 earned....not a very good first game against your rivals. game two went a little like this, 6 innings giving up 5 hits and 4 earned with 4 walks. not what yo would call stunning for either. im not gonna bring up the other games cause i dont care what he did with them. the yankees obviously have his number and thats what i care about. now he has a 9-5 record with an ERA hovering aroud 4 i believe, not bad at all. im not gonna beat around the bush, hes doing good right now. for the record, i would take chien ming over dice-k everyday right now. also, i was lucky enough to see kei igawa pitch for the yanks on friday nite in san fran, and he looked pretty good. i cant recall his exact numbers but i know he went less than 5 innings. his first 3-4 innings looked strong and i was very impressed but i think he got tired and got into a jam in the 5th and was taken out. he needs more stamina and hell be golden.

back to the yankees....what can i say. 2-3 weeks ago i thought it was a matter of time before we caught ythe sox and took first place. but now, im praying that we can even keep close to the wild card. right now, our starting pitching isnt doing too bad, its the bullpen whos blowing nuts right now. we are getting hits, just notstringing together runs with those hits.

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14024
was a sad day for baseball yesterday. 2 best teams in the mlb got swept in their series.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Im just light up my......

Post Number: 2440
Well Dice-K owned last night, but couldn't pick up a win...

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2160
Yankees have lost four in a row and six out of seven and "The Rocket" seems to be having engine failure.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10308
5-6 Red Sox players going to the All STAR game in San Fran...

Rookie Okajima (P) (0.90 ERA in 37 appearances) is one of five players vying to win the Final Vote in the American League. Now you can put him in the All-Star Game with teammates Josh Beckett (P), Jonathan Papelbon (P), Manny Ramirez (LF), David Ortiz (1B) and Mike Lowell (3B)..

Boston 49 31 .613 -
Toronto 39 42 .481 10.5
NY Yankees 37 41 .474 11.0
Baltimore 35 45 .438 14.0
Tampa Bay 33 47 .413 16.0

The Yankees will be represented in San Francisco by shortstop Derek Jeter, catcher Jorge Posada and third baseman Alex Rodriguez..

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5422
well, first off, roger seemed to be incredible going 8 strong giving up only 1 run, 2 hits, and getting 4 k's....

about the all stars:
beckett, no doubt he shold be in
papelbon, again, yea he shuold be there
ramirez, no way in hell he should be there, talk about a popularity contest. i dont know which is more embarrassing, bonds starting the game for the NL or manny even being on the roster for the AL
ortiz, hes hitting pretty well, but since the game is at an NL site,there wont be a DH so hell have to field as well and we all know hes god-awful at fielding
lowell, hitting is pretty decent this year, nice 12 errors tho
and out of those 3 field players, only ortiz is starting which is funny cause hes the worst fielder in the game.

jeter, no doubt he shuold be an all star
arod, no doubter. can you say MVP this year?
posada, no doubt he shuold be as well
out of our 3 field players, 2 are starting, jeter and arod. arod is starting over lowell btw.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10386
I believe its still 6 Red Sox players and ONLY 3 yankees in the All Star game.....and maybe ONLY 2 Yanks, depending on Arod...

and like I told U earlier Arod is a great player, and the ONLY decent player on the Yanks..in fact I think he's the BEST player in baseball but on a SUCK AZZ team!

and the Sox are STILL 11.5 games up!....LMAO

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10387
BTW...eating crow must be 2nd nature to U this year!...U belittled every Sox on the all star team already earlier, but I think the majority of the fans and coaches know a little more than U...they don't have BIASED tunnel vision like U and most yankees fans...LOL

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5423
i would be willing to bet that most managers, players, sportswriters, and any other knowlegdble person would agree with what i said in my last post. manny doesnt deserve to be an all star. ortiz is questionable just cause he doesnt play defense. lowell is legit. beckett, papelbon, okajima shuold all e all stars, no argueing there.

but if your gonna sit there and say that Arod is the ONLY good player on the yankees then you are lieing through your teeth. im not gonna say that the whole yankee lineup are good. they are all quality. but to say that jeter isnt a good player, then you are nuts. jeter is arguably the best shortstop in baseball and arguably the best player in the mlb.

talk about tunnel vision bud....way to describe yourself there as well.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5424
btw, if im not mistaken, i believe that we have the leading vote getter in the mlb....arod

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2273
Manny is a hack and Barry shouldn't even be there at all. ARod won't be MVP but having said that.... get to chat b!tches

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10394
get to chat b!tches ...huh?...U talking to me?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8341
Lol, no. Just to the subwoofer guys.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10401
M Ramirez G 82 AB 298 Runs 45 Hits 86 2B 20 HR 11 RBI 45 On base.387 Slugging.473 Avg.289

If U call Manny a HACK,,,then OBVIOUSLY U don't know anything about baseball or even your own outfielders...Manny's stats exceed ALL yankee outfielders...learn the game and quit being so blind and biased..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10402
and Bonds is also better than Yankees or Padres outfielders!...his stats are outstanding too..he's no slouch!...and nevermind he's breaking the greatest baseball record in HISTORY!

B Bonds OF G 76 AB 202 R 46 HR 17 RBI 42 BB 122 On Base.517 Slugging.604 AVG.302

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10404
OK...enough baseball education ...now lets have some fun...

its fitting that..CLEMENS TAKES MOUND ON OLD TIMERS DAY game...LMAO

Upload

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14161
bonds maybe breaking the record but he had alot of help. steroids.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10406
thats another questionable issue...has nothing to do with this year stats...obviously he's NOT doing roids THIS YEAR!...NOT with all the publicity going on!...he's still an All star...even all coaches agreed he should be on this team!

Platinum Member

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14164
no doubt he is a great player without roids. but as far as the record is concerned, would he be this close to the record without the roids?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5426
i will never respect bonds even if the guy goes on and hits 1000 home runs.

and why are you comparing the yankees outfielders with manny? i havent said anything about that. telling me to stop being so blind. open yours eyes and see the rest of the AL bud. curtis granderson of the tigers shold be in it ahead of manny. hes batting .289 with 43 rbis. gary matthews is batting .282 10 hrs and 43 rbis. shannon stweart is batting .312 with 7 hrs and 26 rbis. compare those with the .289 average, 11 hrs, and 45 rbis of manny. not to mention that all three of those OF are better at fielding than manny as well.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5427
btw, Arod will hold the homerun record at the end of his career.....without using roids. lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10410
Yanks...yes compare those stats again...U just saw them yourself!....LMAO.....Manny's are BETTER!...and Manny has come along way defensivesly and can now play the Green Monster wall VERY good...

I have alwys stated Arod is best PLAYER in baseball, for many past years!...I've met him and had dinner and beers with him here (small "mayberry" town in spring training) a couple times when he was a Ranger for many years...nice kid too...but I don't think he'll break the career HR record, BUT who knows!...depends on his health..

Bonds and the roids issue is a tough one..Both Bonds and Sosa were thin when young players but bulked up which does happen as U age and with better training (and it helps when your father is a coach/mentor and was a great player himself)...but McGuire and his record, the liar, I have no use for...at least Conseco fessed up, got tired of all the BS from other lying players, and threw some "buzz" book money in his pocket...

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5428
"Yanks...yes compare those stats again...U just saw them yourself!....LMAO.....Manny's are BETTER!...and Manny has come along way defensivesly and can now play the Green Monster wall VERY good... "

your correct, their batting stats are better. but dont forget about their defensive abilities. for all i know manny could have no erors this year, i dont know. but i would guess that most people who watch baseball would agree with me when i say that manny is not a good fielder. i would take granderson, stewart, and matthews jr defensively before manny. now hitting wise i would take manny pretty much every time. but this year he is not hitting as well as he usually does. this is my opinion now, im just saying overall, this year only, i would vote for all 3 of those players over manny.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10411
Manny is a better hitter than them as PROVEN by his stats again this year...and the MLB fans across the entire US and coaches, ALL see it differently than U...maybe they are ALL wrong!...LOL

BTW ...NY and many other cities/metro areas have a MUCH larger fan/population base than Boston does also..so the vote was legit across the country...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10412
Actually...This is the first time in Manny Ramirez's seven seasons with the Red Sox that he was not voted in by the fans. Ramirez finished fourth in the fan voting behind Vladimir Guerrero, Magglio Ordonez and Ichiro Suzuki.
However, Ramirez was elected by his peers as an outfielder. This is the 11th time Ramirez has been an All-Star.

Jonathan Papelbon, the lights-out closer, was also voted in by the players, marking his second All-Star selection in his two Major League seasons

Right-hander Josh Beckett, who is the only first-time All-Star among the Boston representatives, was selected in the player balloting. He is expected to be the All-Star game starting pitcher , after his 12 wins, this year.

And third baseman Mike Lowell rounds out the Boston quintet. A three-time All-Star with the Marlins, this will be Lowell's first time on the American League squad.

David Ortiz was the lone Sox player to be voted in as a starter by the fans. The four-time All-Star will play first base for the American League. With 2,857,848 votes, the beloved Big Papi outdistanced second-place finisher Justin Morneau (1,780,118) by a wide margin.

Red Sox Nation -- which now extends all the way to Japan -- proved what a powerful force it can be once again when Hideki Okajima was announced Thursday as the winner of the American League's Monster 2007 All-Star Final Vote ballot.
Okajima, who finished with more than 4.4 million votes..A solid veteran during his 12 years in Nippon Professional Baseball, Okajima has been dominant for the Red Sox, posting a 0.88 ERA in his first 38 Major League outings. He has held opponents to a .156 average and has 8.12 strikeouts per nine innings.

The 2003 season marked the introduction of the Player Ballot to the All-Star selection process. Each league's players, managers and coaches elect eight position players and eight pitchers from their league. Catchers and infielders who finish in the top two at their position on the Player Ballot, and outfielders among the top six, are assured of making the All-Star Team..

The six All-Stars are the most the Sox have had since 2002, and it's the most of any MLB team this season...It was expected that Kevin Youkilis would be the starting first baseman, but with the absence of the designated hitter this year, David Ortiz was voted into that position by the fans.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5429
first off, in my last post i said their hitting stats are better in the first line, it was supposed to say 'his' hitting stats are better. and i go on to say later in the post that he is a better hitter than the 3 i mentioned.

and dont come to me with the NY has more fans nonsense, i have met and seen just as many if not more boston fans than yankee fans.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10414
"and dont come to me with the NY has more fans nonsense, i have met and seen just as many if not more boston fans than yankee fans."

what are U smoking?....LMAO...Yankees are America's #1 team!...and NY is the largest populated metro area in the US...hell, even in foreign countries they refer to Americans as "Yankees"...and we US people within the US, refer to Northerners as "Yankees"...I think U need a geography, world affairs, and history refresher course..

The American fans and MLB players and coaches have spoken...but I guess U know more than them...and Red Sox being in first is a "mirage" too...LMAO

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5430
everyone jumped off the yankee bandwagon back in '04 when boston won the world series....

and im still not sure what this means....i dont recall ever saying i know more than anyone....
"The American fans and MLB players and coaches have spoken...but I guess U know more than them...and Red Sox being in first is a "mirage" too...LMAO"

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10419
"manny doesnt deserve to be an all star"

"Manny is a hack"

Does that sound familar?...get my point now!

This is the first time in Manny Ramirez's seven seasons with the Red Sox that he was not voted in by the fans. Ramirez finished fourth in the fan voting behind Vladimir Guerrero, Magglio Ordonez and Ichiro Suzuki.
However, Ramirez was elected by his peers as an outfielder. This is the 11th time Ramirez has been an All-Star.

The American fans and MLB players and coaches have spoken...but I guess U know more than them..

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2280
I said Manny is a hack this YEAR, and he is. He is on pace to hit 22 HR's and 90 RBI's which would be his worst year ever. Hardly great numbers for a guy that is only 35 and making $17 million a year. Gary Sheffield, Eric Byrnes and especially Adam Dunn should have been there instead of Man Ram. Not to mention that Manny is a selfish, ignorant asshole.

And why do you keep implying that I am biased towards one team or another? Did you think Yanks made my post or what is the deal there? The Sox are one of my favorite teams in the AL and I am by no means a fan of the Yankees.

Saying I don't know about baseball is the funniest thing I have read today. Not only did I play the game for 13 years, I could have went to the minor leagues and eventually with any luck made it to the bigs, but I chose to go with my music career which has worked out very well for me. My fantasy teams do very well every year and this year I am in the top 3000 out of 110,000 teams in the world in an extremely tough no-trade league at SN. Last year I finished in the top 1000.

I have never said anything against you LK and in fact I have laughed at and in some cases supplemented your diatribes against Yanks and the Yankees. For you to go off on me and question my knowledge of the sport because of one little comment about your sacred Man Ram was way out of line.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10423
BRAD...I originally was thinking that Yanks said Manny was a hack,and my posts were directed at him (who I was questioning his knowledge)...once I realized that U stated he was a hack (which is far from the truth), I thought U were implying Padres outfielders were more deserving than Manny...I did not "go off" on U"...obviously U never seen me really "go off"...its all good..

BTW.. .290, 22hr and 90 RBI, is NOT what I call a "shabby" year, IF that were to be the final result..Manny is definitely not a selfish player either...he's loved by his teammates and fans...Boston fans would be the first to blast him if he were selfish...U listen to too many news media BS reports..

BTW ...I was drafted from HS (age 17) by the Mets to play SS or pitch in 1969, along with many free 4 yr school scholarships for baseball and swim team, and declined it all, and joined the military instead... (remember we had a MILITARY DRAFT then and Nam war going on)...and then I coached HS and college, and played another 30 years while in the military...and still play today, while "over 50"...Florida has tons of leagues...I do know something about the game...lol...also BOTH my sons were also drafted and did play minors (LA-Vero Beach, and Cinn- Sarasota), but have moved on to other things now... also my father was drafted by the Cardinals as a LHP, many years ago...so I have a very athletic and baseball, all sports oriented family..and NOT just spectators or TV viewers..

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5440
glad that was cleared up.....

for manny, that is a poor year. for an average or above average player, thats a good year, but for manny, its not too great. i hate manny for obvious reasons, but hes a good hitter. pretty poor fielder but he can get away with it.

and brad, how would adam dunn of cinci (NL) make the AL team?

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2293
It was supposed to read "Gary Sheffield, Eric Byrnes and especially Adam Dunn should have been there instead of Man Ram and Sterry Bonds." Eric Byrnes is also in the NL and his numbers are too good to not be there: .312 with 14 HR's, 49 RBI, 53 runs and 17 stolen bases. Sheffield hit two doubles and a homer off of Dice K today to end the half with .303, 21 HR's, 58 RBI's, 17 steals. He was robbed but alot of people don't like him so...

LK you topped my story lol. You have a long history in baseball. Respect.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5442
word

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10438
its all good here...we all have the right to disagree...and bust each others balls!...and have fun... I just hope I don't eat crow in October...LMAO

Upload

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5446
if you can 'eat crow' for 86 years, then i can handle a few years i suppose

but dont cout us out LK

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5499
alrite LK, lets hear what you got to say

lets make predictions of how the AL East will turn out....from first to third, since balt and tampa dont count lol

heres how i have it
1. red sox win division
2. yanks end 5 back (but win wild card)
3. toronto ends 16 back

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10519
That sounds about right except I believe Toronto will do better than 16 back....kinda focusing on Arod's future plans now, and how much that affects the yankees now....

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5501
only reason i say 16 games is cause they have a pretty rough 2 half of the season with a couple series against the yanks, red sox, mariners, angels, and a few other good teams

i honestly think arod will be a yankee next year, hes asking 240 mill over 8 years or something like that and the only team who can afford him is the yanks....angels would add another 30 mill to their payroll with is roughly 107mill right now....thats adding an additional 30% on to it

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10522
I think he'll be back to the Rangers or even possibly the Marlins...

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5510
the marlins? they had a total team payroll of just over 30 million...no way they land him....doubling their payroll for one player. not too mention they have one of the greatest young players in the game playing 3rd base, miguel cabrera....altho i guess you could put arod back at SS and confuse him even more lol

and texas, has a payroll of around 70 mill, they potentionally bid for him but id be very siurpirsed if Arod is not wearing pinstripes next year.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10531
all is speculation at this point...but remember Arod is from Miami and that sure would boost the Marlins revenue and fan base (if they can come up with some deferred special arranged contract)...also remember Florida only has 2 teams (tampa-marlins) and baseball is dying while football grows....and he also loved Texas and their org and fans...and might consider less money for the right place....but a ring is probably most important to him now...I don't think money is his real issue now..and maybe just his way out of NY... its a double edged sword for him, stay in NY and possibly eventually grab a ring but make them pay up the nose, to keep him where he's not really all that happy....and there's always the west coast, but he's an east coast type guy..

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5513
all valid points LK....i agree, i really cant see him going west coast at all. just not that type of person i think. but yea, if hes looking for a ring and ring only, hell stay in NY.

we'll see what happens tho. we've seen crazier things happen

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10541
BTW...The "half season" $28 million Rocket has crashed and burned 2-4...LMAO

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10549
A-Rod bidding war could set standard

Alex Rodriguez can opt out of his contract which calls for him to receive $81 million during the next three seasons on Nov. 10.

There is nothing that the agent Scott Boras seems to enjoy more than a good, tough negotiation involving a high-profile player.
Unless it's a good, tough negotiation involving a high-profile player in which Boras has all the leverage.

On that note, welcome to the world of Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez.

If ever a player was about to find himself in a position to set a new standard for dollars paid to a Major League Baseball player, it is Rodriguez, who is represented by Boras.

As far as salary records go, Rodriguez figures to be breaking his own mark -- a 10-year deal for $252 million that was negotiated by Boras and the Texas Rangers before the 2001 season.

An indication of Rodriguez's value to the Yankees surfaced on Wednesday, when reports from both ESPN and Sports Illustrated declared that the team was willing to bend its own announced policy and negotiate during the course of the season.

In March of this year, Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said that he had no plans to extend Rodriguez's contract and thus keep him from leaving at the end of the season.

The question had come up because Rodriguez has the ability to opt out of his current contract -- which calls for him to receive $81 million during the next three seasons -- on Nov. 10.

One of the problems Cashman and the Yankees face is that the team has two other key players who will be eligible for free agency at the end of the season -- catcher Jorge Posada and closer Mariano Rivera.

Posada is having an outstanding season, with a .326 average, 25 doubles, nine home runs and 48 RBIs, and Rivera leads the team in saves, with 11. And when you are talking about the heart and soul of the Yankees' recent titles, you are talking about Posada and Rivera in that mix.

Furthermore, if you want a description of real trouble in your clubhouse, try negotiating with one of these potential free agents while treating the others in a different fashion.

When Cashman took his position on Rodriguez in March, Boras said that was fine from his viewpoint.

"Alex has directed me that there is not going to be any discussion about his contract status until after the season is over," Boras told The New York Times. "We've not had any contractual discussions with the Yankees about Alex other than when we first negotiated the contract to bring him [to the Yankees in a trade with Texas]."

If the reports of the Yankees' interest in negotiating with Rodriguez during the second half of the season prove true, the Yankees will have to convince Boras to sit down at the table, and even at that point, there would seem to be no way an agreement could be reached.

The reason is simple: Boras won't have his greatest leverage until every interested Major League team has a chance to sit at the table.

Quite frankly, it doesn't make any sense for the Yankees to express an interest in talking to Rodriguez unless they are willing to blow baseball's salary structure out of the water by offering $30 million a year for 10 years.

Even at that point, you would have to wonder if Rodriguez would agree to stay with the Yankees. He may very well want to be courted by all interested parties and keep his options open as to where he wants to play and how much he wants to be paid.

Rodriguez is having the type of season -- and has had the type of career -- where he can name his own price. He leads the Major Leagues at the All-Star break with 30 home runs, 86 RBIs, 79 runs scored and a .665 slugging percentage.

A-Rod has 494 career home runs, and if he matches the first-half 30 during the second half, he will pass these Hall of Famers on the all-time list: Eddie Murray (504), Mel Ott (511), Eddie Mathews (512), Ernie Banks (512), Ted Williams (521) and Willie McCovey (521).

At the age of 31, Rodriguez is on his way to becoming baseball's all-time home run king.

There are those who will say that to pay a player $30 million a year is crazy, but Rodriguez already has a clause in his contract that, through a series of events, could put him at $32 million in both 2009 and 2010.

All this would seem to be beside the point, because Rodriguez figures to exercise the opt-out clause in his contract.

At that point the Yankees would find themselves bidding against all comers.

The Yankees usually win those types of money wars, but they have never fought one quite like the one that looms in November.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10555
hmmm...this is interesting...Arod to the Red Sox...

Alex Rodriguez nearly became a member of the Boston Red Sox back in 2003. Maybe someday he still will.

According to a report on the Web site of the New York Daily News, the Red Sox will make an aggressive push at Yankees' third baseman should he hit the open market this off-season.
The report, citing unnamed baseball sources, indicates that Boston president Larry Lucchino has wanted the two-time MVP to wear a Red Sox jersey ever since a proposed trade between the Rangers, Rodriguez's former team, and the Red Sox fell apart nearly four years ago. Evidently, the fact that A-Rod, who turns 32 later this month, subsequently went to Boston's hated rival has not dampened Lucchino's enthusiasm.

The Red Sox, may be able to unload several big-ticket contracts once the season ends, depending on what the organization decides to do with pitcher Curt Schilling (13 mil) and third baseman Mike Lowell (9 mil). That extra money would help them make a competitive offer to Rodriguez, who will likely command in the neighborhood of $30 million per season.

I would hate to lose Lowell, BUT for Arod, I'd jump...and the Sox are deep in their farm system, so there are many options there...plus Manny gets 20 mil and getting older...food for thought..

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5629
no chance arod will go to the sox....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10594
Team W L PCT GB
Boston 64 40 .615 -
NY Yankees 55 49 .529 9.0 ...thats right 9 games BACK!
Toronto 51 52 .495 12.5
Baltimore 49 54 .476 14.5
Tampa Bay 38 65 .369 25.5

BTW...Cal Ripken Jr and Tony Gwynn get inducted into the Hall of Fame today ...

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1431
Gagne to the Sox...What do you guys think? Pretty good closer...just another piece to a good team.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10633
Great Snag!....

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2567
He will definitely come in when ahead more than with the hapless Rangers. He will be an ace setup man for Papelbon and I think this is what he needs right now. I watched him a couple times this month and he is probably 95% back to himself after a string of injuries and surgeries. This was an awesome move for the Sox and another vicious blow to the Yankees. With Okajima, Papelbon and now Gagne, the Sox have debatably the best bullpen in the bigs.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5657
gagne was a good pick up dont get me wrong, but hes not his old self....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2544
pretty sure the braves had the best trades of the offseaon... can you say mark teixeira and octavio dotel? braves in the world series FTW

Gold Member

Post Number: 1432
The offseason huh???? I will officially never listen to you again when it comes to sports.....lol j/p

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5664
lol jesse d....braves had one heck of an offseason yesterday lol

just bustin' yuor balls reece, but yea, they had a good trade daeadline

Gold Member

Post Number: 2545
okay i was drunk as sh!t last night sorry... yanks you know i know my baseball you as*holes

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5665
lol i know reece, you know your sh1t bud. just giving you a hard time lol

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1209
Cool! I found a Yankees thread! This one's for the Red Sox nation...

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1438
bra, why you wen do dat fo? you one haole or what? oh..no u not...it says you one freakin kanaka. lol...what island you live Hawaiian? I lived on Maui for 12 years and my bro still lives there.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10665
hawaiian...quit drinking that coconut milk..come to your senses now...lol....The Red Sox nation is your daddy!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2551
all i have to say is f them both. teixeira jacked one and knocked in 4 runs in his first game with the braves... you better hope we don't make the post season...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10667
Screw the Braves too...U just have another "Mark Wohlers" team (who was/is a good friend of mine)...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2593
LK. Make some sense next time you post, by the way the Yanks are only 6 out of first, douchebag.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5704

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1225
Howzit Jesse D! I get half Hawaiian. Far from being one haole! lol. I'm on the most Hawaiian Island. You know, the one right next to Maui (not Lanai). The braddas here still trying to keep this island laid back, keep development down. I like Maui, but man it's getting too crowded, coming like Oahu. Big island too, getting lots of people moving there, especially Kona side. But my island is da bestest!
Anyway I love the Yankees! Somebody badmouthed Yankee fans in another forum (won't mention names) so I can't let that go! Eh, I took heat ova here when Agbayani was playing for the Mets in the Subway series cause I was against the local boy! No matter, Benny went down with the rest of dem Yankee wannabees!

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10769
douchebag?...go FU*CK YOURSELF REECE!...puff, puff, pass...U are one CONDESCENDING azzhole!

If we can't have fun here, then I don't want to be here..

Reece, thanks for pissing me and some others off with your "ATTITUDE"... this was a good thread until U became an azzhole!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5708
dont leave LK, yanks are making a comeback now lol

its all fun and games LK
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us