UFC vs PRIDE

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3523
well the fight is this weekend, free on spike, jackson vs henderson, who do think will win, imo if the fight stays up rampage will win but if henderson can get him down he might get him to tap. i predict jackson with a tko in the second round.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago Ima graffiti...

Post Number: 1798
both good fighters, i'll take rampage. He's a much bigger guy really. Henderson can and does cut down to middleweight (185lbs) pretty easily, whereas rampage walks around fairly lean, and still has to cut to make light heavy (205lbs).

certainly bigger doesn't always equal victory, but i'm on the fence enough that i'll take the size.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4708
They're both from Pride :-) I'm pretty sure Rampage has had a lot more fights in pride than he has in the UFC.Dustin don't forget that Henderson has K.O. power as well so it's a dangerous fight all together for either fighter.I want rampage to win but I think Rampage has a slight advantage after he knocked Chuck the f uck out :-)

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3524
jackson was in pride but no hes in the ufc, and since ufc bought out pride there pretty much the same companey. ya i know henderson has KO power but i think jackson has a better stand up game, andhenderson has better submissions, so really it could go either way i think jackson will get him down and ground and pound his azz.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Im just light up my......

Post Number: 2778
rampage was bigger than the last guy he fought too and we saw how that turned out

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1707
Henderson is the Pride middleweight and light heavyweight champ. This is a unification bout. Whoever wins will be champ in both the UFC and Pride. Dan is way better on the ground but I also wouldnt count out his striking...I say Henderson wins.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1708
Oh and BTW, they are good friends.

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1412
I say Henderson wins also. Henderson knocked out Wanderlei Silva a few months ago and Silva KO'd Rampage twice.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3527
everyone says that, that since henderson beat silva that he'll automatically beat jackson, haha not you do know that silva was sick the whole week before the fight right, i heared that he was puking just hours before the fight, plus that was a long time ago jackson has greatly improved both his stand up and ground skills.

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1413
I don't think Rampage can get Henderson on the ground. If they do end up on the ground, Henderson has the edge. Whatever the excuse for Silva, Henderson still one of the top fighters at his weight.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3528
ya im not denying henderson is one bad mofo, but you can't use the silva fight for comparing this fight, but ya hopefully it will be a good fight unlike the iddell jackson fight.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12761
Jackson in 2

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 389
as much as i like rampage, and want him to win, henderson will take it. t

they'll go to the judges.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3540
wow did any1 watch it? imo it was definatly top 5 greatest fights i ever seen, very good with my man rampage comeing out on top, the other fights were good to crocop lost though that was a surprise, and the hamil fight was a complete load of sh1t, he should of won he had atleast 3 takedowns per round and had just as good stand up, plus i hate the guy he was facing hes a cocky SOB in my book.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1825
blah idc about cro cop losing, dude's over rated IMO. He reminds me of like a workout warrior, looks good on paper kinda guy. But if you get him backing up, and as long as you avoid the big devastating blow, you win. I don't recall him ever winning a real back and forth scrap.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1746
Jackson looked really good. Pit was right earlier in this thread. Henderson looked small compared to Jackson. I cannot believe Bisping won his fight. I thought Hamill had just as good of stand up if not better and kept taking bisping down. Hamill got screwed imo.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1828
and according to their scoring system, when you have a close fight it should come down to aggresion and "octagon control". Hamil had Bisping moving away the ENTIRE fight, he dictated everything, and whenever they went to the ground Hamil completely dominated the position and stayed on top.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1747
Yep. He even knocked him down a couple of times by striking. They were fighting in Bisping's home country. Bisping acted like a total @ss after the fight too. And Hamill was very gracious in defeat.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3550
ya and the judges were all fvcked up that match, i think it was you pit who pointed out in another thread where one judge had it 30-27hamil and the others had it 29-28bisping, wtf how does that happen.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1829
yep, if there's THAT big of a disagreement, something is wrong.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1760
Not to mention, everybody I know that seen the fight thinks Hamill won. Even my 11 and 13 yr old daughters said they thought Hamill won

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3554
did any1 see the previews for the ultimate fighter? looks really good. also seen the previews for griffin shogun fight that should be an interresting fight, and the liddell jardine fight i see that ending KO first round.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1774
It does look good. I feel bad for Griffin. He hasnt looked very good in his last few fights and now he is facing a beast of an opponent. Yeah, Liddell v Jardine shouldnt last very long.

Gold Member

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 1846
I'm really looking forward to fight night in like a week, Kenny Florian vs. Din Thomas!!!!

the 155'ers are fu<king awesome...most exciting division to watch and Din Thomas might be my favorite fighter, but ken flo will NOT be walked all over, should be a crazy fight!

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3950
hey guys about a wk ago at the restraunt i work at kenny florian came in and i served him not a big guy i didnt figure out who he was till he left and then it hit me when he was taking a pic outside with someone putting there fists up lol all i know is i wouldnt want to fight him i can tell u he likes shrimp though

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3578
wow that would be cool, but din thomas is a beast.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3586
did any1 watch last night? the thomas florain fight sucked, thomas fvckked up his knee or something then got tapped, but the fight that really impressed me was nate diaz, i seen him on the ultimate fighter but this was his first "offical" match and he dominated, he has some excellent ground skills. then the new ultimate fighter was one i found it funny that serras main guy that he's been trainging for awhile got beat so quick, haha but sersiouly he shouldn't of tapped he only had like 3secs left in the round suck it puzzy.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1864
the main event was HIGHLY DISAPPOINTING! Sucks when a fight ends because of an injury. Thomas' knee got pwned hard.

Nate diaz is really talented imo. In the long run he might be better off packing on some muscle and moving up to 170, but he's big at 155 so w/e. He's got the advantage on the ground against close to anyone. He's a GRACIE BJJ blackbelt....which is th real phuckin deal.....not like the jack-jew-jitsu blackbelts you buy for $20 down the street.

I was honestly surprised that Serra's guy lasted as long as he did. I was starting to think he might have a chance and then, just like Serra said post-fight, he saw a way out and took it....he could have escaped that triangle EASILY, possibly the slowest triangle ever to finish a fight.

a little early to tell but i'd say Hughes got the better team. Serra wasted his 1st pick by taking a personal friend when the guy obviously wasn't one of the best. Hughes got Mac the guy who won the first fight and has like 30 pro fights, and Dan who looks like he's in great shape and has near perfect stand up technique.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1865
Currently looking forward to seeing Jon Fitch ANNIALATE the incredibly overrated Diego Sanchez on Saturday.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3591
ya im looking forward to that fight to, fitch is a beast and sanchez is "good" but is overrated IMO also, most of his fights he got lucky, the other guy could of easily won but didn't pull it all together, but still should be a good fight.

that triangle was fvckkin funny, it was like slow motion and he didn't have it in that deep in the begining, he could of got out if he wanted to. i really don't like either coach but i too think hughes has the better team, but i could be wrong. on a personal level though i highly dislike serra, idk but just something about his training and attitude makes me dislike him.

on a side note i seen a show seeing the match up between lardine and liddell and lardine said he had better stand up and would "dominate" liddell i just had to laugh.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2179
Rashad Evans vs. Michael Bisping should be a dope fight on November 17th. I love Rashad, funny guy, great fighter. He should probably fight at 185 but of all the guys who can get away with it he's one of em. Crazy strong dude with top-notch wrestling.

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 3873
LOL when i seen this thread i was like WTF who bumped it, but anyway i hope rashad woops bispings azz, i hate that guy after the fight where he clearly lost but the judges had the scoreing all fvcked up.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2177
I like Bisping as a fighter but when he was all cocky and sh!t after he won against Matt Hamill, when he clearly lost, I lost some respect for him. Rashad will be like Hamill with the takedowns but with better striking and knowing what to do after he gets Bisping down.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2207
Anyone see the Treo banner in Houston Alexander's corner?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2230
I didn't notice that but that's pretty cool!!!

Overall the event wasn't very exciting. I'm glad Rashad beat Bisping but the fight wasn't a great one. He controlled Bisping on the ground and in the clinch throughout the fight so he deserved the decision but he needs to work on being more aggressive offensively, and i really wish he would cut to 185 like he should cause at 205 you can tell he gets gassed.

Frankie Edgar VS. Spencer Fisher was boring as hell. Edgar just wrestled the crap out of him the whole fight and Spencer was unable to do anything about it. Only REALLY attempted a submission like once or twice.

Houston Alexander lost to a great opponent, but had his weakness exposed. It doesn't so much bother me that he was pounded out on the ground, but that all he tried to do to improve his position was just muscle Silva off. He didn't try any escapes or go for submissions.

Well coming next will be TUF Finale on December 8th. Main event is Roger Huerta vs. Clay Guida. Guida has surprised me in every fight i've seen him in, always is more impressive than you expect him to be. But man does he have his hands full, Roger Huerta looks unstoppable, talk about a complete fighter, the guy has no weakness. Great wrestling, jiu jitsu, punches, kicks, always aggressive, finishes fights...what more can you ask for.

I'll pick Huerta in the main event, and thus far in TUF competition i like George as the favorite.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2231
I like George as well. I would love to see Mac vs George.

Did you see that Dan Henderson is dropping down to 185 to fight Anderson Silva? Its supposed to happen around march....I cant wait.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2233
That's the first i've heard of that Naledge. Wow that would be fu<king crazy!!! Henderson really belongs at 185, Rampage dwarfed him pretty bad.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2232
Yeah he did. Heres the short story from UFC..

Thomas Gerbasi, UFC - After a historic 2007, UFC President Dana White is not resting on his company's laurels in 2008, as he announced at Saturday's UFC 78 post-fight press conference in Newark, New Jersey that former two-division PRIDE Champion Dan Henderson will drop from 205 pounds to 185 to tackle UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva, considered by many to be the best pound for pound fighter in the sport. White said this anticipated super fight will take place in March. Stay tuned to UFC.com for more details in the coming weeks.

Silver Member
Username: Luisdelbronx

Bronx, NY USA

Post Number: 205
I cant wait for Tito ortiz vs rashad evans 2.. i read tito hasnt been fighting at 100% due to injuries and tito turned down a rematch with evans so he can heal up. he said hes tired of making these guys look good against him. We shall see sometime early next year.. cant wait. But for now ufc 79 is gonna be Awesome.

Im wondering if chuck will get his game back, Maybe his head was too big so he wasnt training as hard.. i really think he shoulda won that fight against jardine...jardine rocked him a few times too. that was a good fight.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2273
Matt Serra suffered a herniated disc monday night and will not be able to fight Matt Hughes. New fight on December 29th: Rubber Match between Hughes and GSP.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2329
anyone see TUF semifinals last night? Mac beat John S. AGAIN after John filled in for an "injured" Matt Arroyo. And then Tommy knocked George THE FU<K OUT!!!! George was KO'd with some fierceness. He was completely out and then when he came to he was trying to grapple with Big John McCarthy and the doctor and stuff.

Looking forward to the finale this weekend!

Username: Zxt

Post Number: 8
Can't wait for the fight tomorrow.

I missed The Natural :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2336
WOW there were a couple REALLY SICK fights last night!!! Jared Rollins vs. John Kopenhaver was phucking nuts. That fight was like Griffin vs. Bonnar style, both covered in blood just brawling.

Main event was awesome too, Clay Guida was impressive, after the second round i really thought he'd win the fight, but he got caught with that huge knee early in the third and never fully recovered.

Danzig vs. Speer was pretty much as I expected, I mean Speer is a 1-dimensional newbie going against an extremely well rounded veteran in his prime. Congrats to Danzig, looking forward to seeing him at 155 pounds.

really exciting for a free event!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2351
Everything you said were my thoughts exactly. Alot of the PPV events arent even that good.

Silver Member
Username: Luisdelbronx

Bronx, NY USA

Post Number: 215
The event was definatly better then some ppv events.. Warmachines fight was a great one. I thought it was over for him when he got hit and went down in almost a sitting fetal position. its amazing how he summoned the strength to not only turn rollins over from the bottom but turn him over and just start pummling him!

Anybody else like that Richie Hightower kid? I just like that he goes and fights with his heart even tho he loses he still gives a great show. Its more exciting when its a seesaw battle instead of a onesided fight.

I would have liked to see arroyo vs danzing.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2341
Yeah i forgot that was the other really good fight, Hightower against the hawaiian guy whose name i forget. I agree though everyone treated Hightower like a b!tch on the show, but when he steps in the ring he's aggressive, shows alotta heart.

Danzig fought NOBODY to win this contract lol. He fought that John scolasci guy twice, and then Tommy Speer who was sooooo not ready for him. Don't worry though you won't see Danzig against weak opponents in the near future. He's dropping to 155 which is a crazy stacked division and he'll be put right in the mix with contenders.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2375
You guys gonna watch WEC tonight? Jens Pulver makes his debut and I hope Urijah Faber gets beat. He hasnt been beat in a while. I seen a video about a month ago where Tyson Griffin Ko'd Faber as he was coming in with a superman punch...I loved it. I dont know why, I just dont like the guy. He's a tough lil SOB though.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2388
Well, Jens won by choke, in less than a minute against Cub Swanson. And Faber won in the second round by a controversial stoppage. Curran had Faber's back for almost the entire first round and couldnt do anything, and Curran is a BJJ black belt under Gracie!! 2nd round comes and Curran takes down Faber but Faber catches him with an arm bar from his guard. The ref asks Curran if he wants to give up and Curran replies no,no,no,no...then the ref stops the fight. WTF? Faber had the arm bar in good but, Curran didnt look like he was in pain and he was kind of working out of it. Oh well, thats how it goes sometimes.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2360
Damn I wanted to see this sh!t but i don't follow WEC, didn't know it was coming up this soon! Were these fights on PPV? Cable? How'd you see em?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2390
Free on cable, on Versus. Jens came out in Beast mode..lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2362
wtf is versus yo? i got comcast...?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2392
I got comcast too. Its a sports channel. Check and see if you have it. My bro in Hawaii has it.

Username: Jervs

Post Number: 7
Sorry but what is WEC? Never heard of it. Can they fight on WEC and UFC too? I've watched Tyson Griffin and he's really 1 tough guy...I like the little evil Jens too...he's a good striker.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us