Does putting your

Gold Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 1117
car in neutral at a light save gas? Or if your on a down hill road and you put it in neutral does that save gas also..... Im just wondering because i see some of my friends doing it...

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago Ima graffiti...

Post Number: 1661
Hmmmm I read an article recently where they tested all the gas saving theories, i can't remember what they said if anything about putting it in neutral, but i'll see if i can find the article.

I DO remember that they said the "leave the engine running" theory is bogus. If you're gonna leave it running for more than like 1 or 2 minutes, it's better to turn it off.

The biggest gas saver was the use of cruise control. I can't remember why but when you're on the highway, use the cruise to save gas.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9151
Proper tire pressure is huge and so is removing unecessary items from your truck and such. I don't recommend going downhill in neutral and all that wear and tear on the transmission with the constant shifting will haunt you. My $.02.

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 872
Keeping to the speed limit and eliminating jackrabbit starts are the most effective methods of saving gas that I know. Drafting has an effect too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us