IPhone

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5431
alrite if i want to, i can convince my dad to get me one. question is, does anyone have any personal use with one? ive read some stuff online about it and it says that it takes aroud 100 seconds to load the yahoo homepage which tells me its relatively slow to load, also said to me by mike loudon.

"The iPhone features a built-in rechargeable battery that is not intended to be user-replaceable, similar to existing iPods. Once the battery reaches the end of its life time the phone will need to be returned to Apple and replaced for a fee.[8] The cost of replacing the battery is $79 and $6.95 for shipping.[26] The battery is stated to be capable of providing up to seven hours of video, six hours of web browsing, or eight hours of talk time (depending on configuration). The battery life for music playing is stated to be 24 hours.[3] The battery also allows for up to 250 hours of standby time."
i read this on wikipedia about it. what does this exactly mean? it sounds to me that when my battery dies, it costs me $75 for a new one, but that doesnt make sense.

someone help me out with info please.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8356
I'm taking those estimated run times are based on a fully charged battery. Yanks, you're not gonna have to replace your battery every time it's depleted. It's a rechargeable battery, capable of my guess hundreds of chargings, like your cell phone. At least that's how I see your concern. Am I way off base here?

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5434
i figured that paul. just the way they said it and the order they said it in, to me atleast, it sounded like every time your battery fully died, then your screwed. that just didnt make sense to me. lol

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2300
Apple decided that to make the iPhone slimmer and more compact it couldn't fit in a battery compartment that could be opened. It uses the same lithium-ion battery as in the iPod and reports have shown that many original iPod batteries are still going strong after 5 years of daily use. So... I wouldn't worry about it at all, you will upgrade to a new version iPhone before then and the prices will be much lower at that point. Probably in the $199 ballpark.

Also, just because it says "not user replaceable" doesn't mean it isn't. Aftermarket companies are already offering replacement batteries for 20 bucks:
http://www.cell-phone-accessories.com/iphone-battery.html

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4817
iphone sucks. neighbor has it, and it going back to his old samsung
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us