WTF Hector!

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3935
Well I knew Hector, was around somewhere just didn't expect him to pop out of the blue and startle the living daylights out me, little bugger!

Upload

Well I managed to capture Hector, and toss him outside and stay out you little bugger!

I hate spiders!

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14069
LOL!

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 7495
Have you ever been in bed and feel something crawl quickly across you. You jump up, turn on the light and can't find the damn thing??!!

Upload

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3956
Well I've heard stories that when we sleep the odd spider crawls into our mouth, that's why I use collotype over my mouth to stop the little buggers crawling in! Also I've hard a story where a young girl had a cut on her face and some little spider laid eggs in her face until it swelled up and then hatched all over the girls face! BUGGER THAT!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 7624
I remember a story of someone buying a cactus from Mexico. Brought it home. It grew well for weeks. Suddenly, in the middle of their living room, the cactus started shaking, violently! What was going on??!! The cactus finally burst and out came hundreds of baby scorpions! What...a...mess! They had to evacuate and call an exterminator to eliminate the deadly scorpions. Wow!

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago What the phu...

Post Number: 1435
"Also Ii½ve hard a story where a young girl had a cut on her face and some little spider laid eggs in her face until it swelled up and then hatched all over the girls face! BUGGER THAT!!!"

That story is not true... I'm sure there is a hundred different reasons why it wouldn't be possible.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3285
did you know the average humans eats 1 spider a week while their asleep, its proven, also paul i've heared many different vartions on the urban legened you said, can it happen yes is it likely no.

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3960
BUGGER THAT ONE! The Scorpion King! I bet it was right ole mess!

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 7678
Yeah I'm not sure where I heard it but damn that would suck.

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 723
"did you know the average humans eats 1 spider a week while their asleep, its proven"

No, its not. They've gone over that on mythbusters before. Spiders are generally scared shitless of people, and even our breathing in our sleep is sufficient to make them not want to come too close to us. Of course, there might be the odd suicidal spider out there...

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 594
bed bugs are taking over the world!

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1948
Cocoon seriously needs to seek help from the UK equivalent of Dr. Phil.

Dude is spun.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3303
stephen it is true, spiders aren't that scared of humans, espically at night.

Silver Member

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 725
From mythbusters:

"Myth or Fact? MythBusters Quiz
YOU'RE CORRECT!

The correct answer is false. Aren't you glad this one isn't true? Despite what you may have heard, there is no evidence that spiders secretly crawl into our mouths while we are sleeping. Hard as it may be for arachnophobes to believe, most spiders are more wary of us than we are of them. Even if you were lying perfectly still, your breathing would scare it off, so a spider is unlikely to hang out around your mouth.

We hate to break this to you, but you probably unwittingly consume more spiders when you are awake -- in your food. The Food and Drug Administration guidelines indicate a certain level of whole insects or parts are acceptable in some food products, such as those containing fruits or vegetables. "

As for whether they are scared of us, we're thousands of times larger. If they get backed into a corner, sure they'll try and fight. But the majority of the time, those buggers run.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 10005
OK so which is CORRECT?.... true or false?...

false, that they crawl into your mouth while sleeping?...but true that, while awake, we consume spider parts from fruits and vegetables?...at least thats my interpretation...is that correct, or am I misundestanding mythbusters?

either way, whichever is true (consume while sleep or awake) it hasn't hurt any of us...lol...actually probably full of protein too...LMAO...I'm sure we've all eaten/digested worse, such as grasshoppers, snake, alligator, frogs, raw fish (sushi), I've eaten dog (very tasty) in Nam, pennicillin from rotten cheese, caviar from fish eggs, and various insects in chocolate or other coverings..

hey cocoon...fry up hector in some butter and garlic and tell us how he tastes...LOL

Silver Member

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 726
"false, that they crawl into your mouth while sleeping?...but true that, while awake, we consume spider parts from fruits and vegetables?...at least thats my interpretation...is that correct, or am I misundestanding mythbusters? "

This is accurate. Spiders do not crawl in our mouths while sleeping. However, we consume plenty of them via other means.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7712
Jesus we need more interesting things to talk about.........

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3307
a whole thread about whether we eat spiders in our sleep, LMAO.

Silver Member

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 730
When I was four, I ate a spider whole!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us