Is there a quicker way to block senders from hotmail?

Username: Memo_nofear

Post Number: 3
I have had my same hotmail account since the sixth grade and I have intention of switching, but I get so much damn junk mail and Ive tried to filter words like "free" and "save" out of the subject but I still get an enormous amount of junk mail.. hotmail used to have a very easy block button but now you have click options go through all these categories and put the emails in one by one. I dont even want to open these emails to copy the address because Im scared it could have a virus.. Is there anything I haven't figured out about hotmail thats more user friendly?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9682
Whoever your server/provider (MSN, AOL, etc) is, should provide spam and junk mail filtering...I use hotmail myself for years, and get no popups or spam in my INBOX ....all spam and junk is filtered to my JUNK MAIL box which I just simply delete..and eventually is blocked automatically after a certain amount of junk emails from the same sites

BTW...I believe there are about 20 or more words U can use for your custom filters which should keep your hotmail account clean...and if U transfer any incoming junk mail from your INBOX to the JUNK mail box, then U will train the mail account to go to junk mail and eventually it will ask if U want to block it...this is a simple fix..

Also , why not open a Gmail or Yahoo new account for "trash" and surfing..or use it for IMPORTANT things only....U get spam and trash or junk based on where u surf and the spyware in your computer...use the ad-aware, spybot, and spyware blaster free anti spyware software, available on the net..

Username: Memo_nofear

Post Number: 4
yeah, I know I was just looking for a faster way

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 526
gmail pwns hotmail NQA

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2892
Get a Gmail account. The spam filter is second to none. Seriously, its the best I've seen.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us