What do you know about tunneling?

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2369
Lol. Yes.

My friends and I usually hang out at this park which is nearly surrounded by a big hill of fields with grasses and bushes. We decided we wanna dig a tunnel leading to an underground room. We just started yesterday, got about 6 feet deep and will be starting the tunneling soon.

I know this sh1t is hella random, but does anyone know anything about this? I know for the room, it will need supports but got any ideas or advice? Google didn't help too much.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2382
dangerous stuff there. It needs lots of bracing. Ever see mines? they have 6x6 posts every 3-4 feet. Also 3/4 ply walls and ceieling. Its not worth the risk. You would be better off buying an old camper and parking it there.

http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/search?query=trench+collapse&invocationType=spellin g

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6458
You ever dig a hole through a snow mound and it collapses on ya? Muliply it by 1000. Not smart.

Gold Member

California USA

Post Number: 2372
Thanks marc, I think I'm cool off that now lol.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4344
park a camper their

Gold Member
Username: Leew

Post Number: 1564
just pick up a couple illegal people from mexico (they got a lot of exp. how to dig it under the border, very fast) Upload LoL

Gold Member

Post Number: 6510

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9496
They do have "ingenuity"....LOL

Upload

Gold Member

California USA

Post Number: 2375
Jennifer- They're always at home depot during the day, at least where I live. There are about 30 of them in the parking lot in packs of 5 just waiting to be used for manual labor. Same for other places around the US?

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4351
kinda the same here matt, we have a lot of guatamallins(sp?) that just stand outside their apartments waiting to work and stuff.

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 413
i've got a bunch here too....most of the time i see them by the cemetery...dunno why

Gold Member

Post Number: 6519
Our production facility at the truss plant I work for is completely Guatemalan. They all have out of state tags on their vehicles and the local cops don't bother them because of all the paperwork that follows deporting them. Unless they commit a crime they look the other way. They are great workers, that is until they become "Americanized". They can afford to work for so little because of the shared housing expenses. 10-15 ppl per apartment and nothing but rice and beans=tons of saved money.

Some of them spend it on cars and gold but most of them pocket the excess for 5-7 years and go home a king. All they need to show is proof of a temporary work visa and our company could care less if they've been "illegal" for several years or more. They also flood the car washes here as well as lanscaping and general construction labor. It will spin out of control VERY shortly.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4353
yeah most of them are really nice guys i work with a few of them.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2398
From LK posts of Stupid.....

"Buxton, NC : A man died on a beach when an 8-foot-deep hole he had dug into the sand caved in as he sat inside it. Beach-goers said Daniel Jones, 21, dug the hole for fun, or protection from the wind, and had been sitting in a beach chair at the bottom Thursday afternoon when it collapsed, burying him beneath 5 feet of sand. People on the beach, on the outer banks, used their hands and shovels, trying to claw their way to Jones, a resident of Woodbridge, VA, but could not reach him. It took rescue workers using heavy equipment almost an hour to free him while about 200 people looked on.
Jone s was pronounced dead at a hospital. "

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14038
I love these things...LOL! Always good for a laugh.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/freakish/darwin06.asp

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9968
I KNOW THAT MOLES DO IT....

oh yeah....had caps lock on:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us