NBA Playoffs 2007

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago What the phu...

Post Number: 1291
I'm pissed the Bulls play game 1 against the Heat today and i'm going to miss the ENTIRE game cuz of work :-( anyways, make your picks for the first round...

I got:
Pistons > Magic
Cavs > Wizards
Nets > Raptors
Bulls > Heat

Mavs > Warriors
Suns > Lakers
Spurs > Nuggets
Rockets > Jazz

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12292
winners.....
pistons in 6
wizards in 7
nets in 6
heat in 5

mavs in 5
suns in 5
spurs in 4
jazz in 7

Gold Member

Post Number: 1292
chad you picked the wizards!?!? you realize arenas is done for the year right? he got injured. Wizards don't stand a chance!!

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12295
oh i didn't know that. lol. forget the wizards.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1293
yeah Arenas and i think Larry Hughs both got hurt right at the end of the regular season, they got completely screwed.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2255
Bump for game 1 wins/loses...

Warriors... they are raw =)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1297
man the warriors match up PERFECTLY against the mavs! a 1-8 upset would be crazy but i'll still take the mavs, what did they lose like 13 games this season? that is NOT easy to do.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12316
i can't believe the spurs and mavs lost. i smell an upset somewhere. most likely denver over spurs.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4835
my list...by the way, i dont follow basketball too closely
Pistons
Cavs
Nets
Bulls
Warriors (Warriors went 3-0 against them in the season)
Suns
Spurs
Rockets

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4836
by the way, Pit...it was gilbert arenas and caron butler, not larry hughes

Gold Member

Post Number: 1299
yeah i realized that after i posted and hoped no one would notice :-) thanks for pointing it out.

p.s. yankees just got swept by the red sox.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4842
just letting you know...wasnt trying to be a d1ck or anything

and pit, go read the thread "told ya so yanks..."
im in a heated debate with LK about it...

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6990
The Raps will come back and win in 7

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12329
lakers should make a move for garnett next season.

odom and kwambe brown for kevin garnett.

the starting lineup can be

pg-jordan farmar
sg-kobe bryant
sf-luke walton
pf-kevin garnett
c-andrew byum.

i see championship in lakers future again.

bryant first option and garnett second option. 1-2 punch.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12330
btw if the lakers somehow find a way to beat the suns (practically impossible) and the warriors beat the mavs (it can happen), then lakers have a shot at winning the championship.

lakers did well against the spurs, rockets, jazz, and denver.

one can only dream though.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1300
"just letting you know...wasnt trying to be a d1ck or anything

and pit, go read the thread "told ya so yanks..."
im in a heated debate with LK about it..."

lol yeah i read the more recent posts from you and LK and it seems like it went from a friendly debate to a heated argument.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4844
it got heated...lol
i respect LK to the fullest...i just strongly disagree with what hes saying

Gold Member

Post Number: 1303
awwww yeah Bulls up 2-0 against the Heat :-) not getting over confident since the heat ran off 4 straight against the mavs in last years finals after being down 2-0, but still, things couldn't be going better for us.

We match up nicely cuz we're overloaded with talent at the guard position so we got multiple young, athletic, defenders who can take turns limiting D-wade. Now we just gotta take a win in MIA and we should be moving on :-) :-) :-) :-)

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 813
wow chad i officially hate you, lol even with caron and gilbert we'd still make a clean sweep lol, we got it easy man, we sweep the wizards theb got nets or raptors=easy win, then looks like we got bulls or the PISSED ONS, i think my boy bron gon take em to tha ship

Gold Member

Post Number: 1309
no offense man but i think the Heat, Pistons AND Bulls would all CRUSH the cavs depending on who they play...I'm a Lebron fan don't get me wrong, dude is sick but their second best player is who? Larry Hughes?? Gimme a break, he wouldn't even be a starter on half the other teams in the NBA. Good player but they have no 2 for a 1-2 punch.

Silver Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 851
im pretty sure whoever plays the pissed ons will take them to a 6 or 7 game series and make the winner tired as hell when we take NJ or TOR in 4 or 5 games. The winner will be bulls or pissed ons and will be tired and we will take them in 6 games if CHI as we will have home court advantage n 7 games if DET. N by the way the only person we have besides the greatest f****** player in the league is larry. First off are you kidding??? or are you just that stupid cmon pitbull :-) . Drew has been solid in the playoffs and can expect him n Z to be a big presence in the low post for us. Larry has been put in the pg position throughout the series and thru the regualr season and has we have like a 10-1 run with him at point guard. N by the way Larry is averaging 15 pts. 4 assists. and coming off a major injury from last season I think hes doing alright. Started like 68 games and played in 70 with no major injuries this season he is lebrons sidekick and will be a vital point to our winning the Championship.and usually a "good" player dont score 27 points in a playoff game with the best player comig back after an ankle sprain. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1311
do you honestly think the cavs can win the title this year? No chance whatsoever. LeBron WILL be the "greatest f****** player in the league", but he sure as hell isn't now. He's top 10, maybe top 5. Maybe if he stopped doing so many sprite commercials and spent some time learning to hit his free throws in the clutch the cavs would be doing better. And Larry Hughs aka "juelz santana" (anyone ever noticed they're like twins?) is a joke, if he was on a better team his stats would go way down and he might not even start. Put him on the bulls today and he's not even the sixth man he's the seventh....Ben Gordon is our 6th and any gm or coach in the league would take Ben Gordon over Larry Hughs.

But if you seriously think the cavs can win it all this year, it's a waste to debate anything with you because you need to be admitted to a psychiatric ward you phuckin loon:-) i'll just say i told you so when your cavs crumble against the winner of the Raptors/Nets series just like they crumbled against the pistons last year.

I'm a lot more realistic about my team, if you'd of asked me a week ago about my bulls i woulda said conference finals if we're real lucky, but hey we're up 3-0 on the defending champs, and if we can beat or even SWEEP the defending champs, we're capable of beating anyone. I don't care how fresh or rested your cavs are, cuz they aren't even on the same level right now as the bulls/heat/pistons.

Okay now i have to stop typing so i can breathe.

Silver Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 853
"when your cavs crumble against the winner of the Raptors/Nets series just like they crumbled against the pistons last year."

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha wow u serious man u juss made 2 stupid comments in 1 sentence, first off crumble like we did against the pissed ons? did u watch the playoffs last year we went 7 games against them and lost because of a tip in, (hardly considered crumbling to the nba champions) and we crumble against the raptors/nets? haha is it just my imagination or did the bulls have the chance to be the number 2 seed and lose to the nets in the most clutch game of their season? i think so.......

Gold Member

Post Number: 1312
yes crumble, you had a series lead and blew it. You were up 3-2 having won 3 straight, all the momentum in the world and y'all couldn't win 1 outta the last 2.

And the Bulls don't deserve to be a 5 seed that's obvious....look at their record, the NBA playoff format is retarded and everyone knows it. Winning a division should only guarantee you a playoff spot not a top seed. Calling our final regular season game "the most clutch game of the season" is the dumbest sh!t you could ever say. You wanna talk clutch, how about the 3 consecutive games we just won against MIA? IN THE PLAYOFFS...WHERE IT COUNTS.

If you wanna fantasize about your over-rated team winning the championship on the back of ONE spectacular, but immature and not completely developed player, be my guest.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12447
all i have to say is that the way the things are going, its anybody's championship. lol. can't believe the mavs are struggling with a 8th seed. i know i know its all about the match up but still.

Silver Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 857
aigt man we'll just wait till the eastern confrence title game and we'll see who's still talkin

Silver Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 858
oh and over-rated???? hahaha that seriously is the funniest thing i think ive ever heard, that made my day man lol thanks

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12449
honestly i see the cavs taking the east. not taking any sides here but lebron is a 1-2 punch by himself.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1313
I can't believe you chad.....after that comment^^ i need some time to cool off, and MAYBE you'll still be my BFF.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12450
what can i say man. i am a fan of one man team. cough lakers cough. lol.

Silver Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 867
lol aight chad there you go, but i dunno bought that lakers comment, im not a fan of basketball playing white woman raping head cases... haha but truthfully i dont think the lakers have as much of a bench as the cavs, im juss not a lakers fan lol, i am however a bulls fan too PB juss so ya know lol ever since the jordan/rodman days hahah, plus imma big uconn fan :-) Ben Gordon :-) but my loyalties are to the the wine and gold :-)

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12452
if lakers pull a miracle out of their azz and beat the suns, they have a chance at the west. well that is if the warriors beat dallas.

lakers have matched up and played well against the rest of the west.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1316
"im not a fan of basketball playing white woman raping head cases"

lol! I AM!!! Kobe is like the one non home team player that i'm truly a fan of. People can hate on him all they want...say he's a ball hog even though the shots go in...say he's an egomaniac even though that's what it takes to be that dominant (ask phil jackson or scottie pippen what Jordan was like, kobe's ego x 5). If the Lakers could pick up a great point guard so ppl could quit b!tching about Kobe not distributing the ball enuff i think they'd be great.

No one and i mean NO ONE in the league since Jordan could score as dominantly as Kobe and most importantly hit clutch game-winning shots. He's not yet quite as good a defender as Jordan was but he is under-rated on D and hasn't had a team nearly as good as Jordans since shaq went to miami. And ppl who say Jordan won titles single handedly are nuts, scottie pippen is a top 50 all time player, wayyyy under rated.

Silver Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 879
plus when they had mah boy dennis, which arguably is top 5 all time rebounders. no one will be another michael and take 5 titles because no one will have a team like michael did. lol i was juss messin kobe is a good player, though i do hate him lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1318
"no one will be another michael and take 5 titles"

it's 6 titles not 5 :-) 91',92',93',96',97',98'...and it woulda been 8 if Michael didn't freak out and decide he needed to play baseball for a couple years.

Silver Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 883
lol shut up pitbull

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12462
kobe and lamar odom has the potential to become the next jordan. lakers will be the next 90's bulls.

kobe=jordan
odom=pippen
walton=kukoc

Silver Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 892
HAHAHAHA u gonna compare lamar odom to scottie pippen? are u insane? lol cmon chad i thought u knew what u was talkin bout

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12463
give lamar some time. he will improve. i know its not a comparison right now but in a year or two he will improve. that is if he is still around. phil jackson has confidence in him.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1320
hey i think lamar is pretty good too, but scottie was totally under-rated simply because Jordan always upstaged him. at this point lamar is like 1/10 the defender that scottie was.

And walton is deveoping into a nice player but i don't see the comparison...kukoc was a spot up shooter, walton's got some pretty nice ball skills passing and setting guys up.

Gold Member

California USA

Post Number: 2294
How bout them warriors???

Silver Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 908
i hope they beat the mavs sooooo bad, i would love to see them lose 1st round that would make my day, cuz i hate dirk with a passion lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1322
I think golden state has one chance to finish the series, game 6 at home. Dallas will win game 5 in texas and if it goes to game 7, dallas will have homecourt AND the momentum AND golden state will feel like OMG we could blow a 3-1 lead.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12484
its possible to blow a 3-1 lead. just ask kobe. last year they were up 3-1 vs the suns and blew it.

Silver Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 931
god i hope the warriors win, but yep pb i agrre they will prolly lose #5 in TX but they gotta take #6 on their homecourt or there screwed lol

Gold Member

California USA

Post Number: 2302
This game got me on my toes!!

Mavs were up by 21 and we cut it to 0 within 6 minutes and did it against that LOUDASS crowd. I hope we win.

Go warriors!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1331
Mavs by 4 with 18 seconds, gg. State better win at home or they're in deep.

Silver Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 987
im excited for th3e game tonight GS better win tonight or they are screwed lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1337
80-59 warriors right now....still plenty of time but damn...Golden State is playin like a pack of stray dogs trying to get a meal, Mavs are playin like spoiled housedogs. I'm sure the mavs'll make a run in the 4th but it's gonna have to be a huge one.

Gold Member

California USA

Post Number: 2319
THATS MY FUCKED-IN TEAM BABY!

:-):-):-)

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12567
i hope the warriors win it all. they very well can. i belive toward the end of the season their record was 16-5.

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

FL USA

Post Number: 478
dirk won the MVP? hes a hot or cold shooter and hes good, but not an mvp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1353
agreed^^ he shouldn't have won MVP.

but lets focus on the positive. How about the 2 AWESOME series' to watch right now in the west!??! Warriors/Jazz feels destined for a game 7, and Amare Stoudamire called the spurs a "dirty team". I see a brawl in the spurs/suns series in the near future!!

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12785
all suns players are bunch of cry babies. as much as i hate tim duncan, i want the spurs to win cause i hate the suns.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1355
see i'm the opposite, not a fan of either team really but i just hate the spurs so much i'm rooting for the suns:-)

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12804
i don't know why but barbos, diop, stoudamire, and bell just pisses the hell out of me. only players i can stand are nash and marion.

from the spurs, only duncan pisses me off so i like the spurs better.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1377
anyone hear that song they did on Mike & Mike in the morning today to the tune of "Thats Amore"...hilarious

"When you step on the court to protect someone short, that's Amareeeee, when your team's still alive but you're out for game five, that's Amareeee..."

that's all i can recall but it was toooo funny

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12885
lol. good sh!t.

i see chicago has finally made it a decent series. hopefully they win at home and pull an upset at detroit. i hate the pistons.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1379
I feel ya C Lee. I dunno what to expect from my Bulls though at this point. After game 4 i was like , "well it was a good season, we swept the defending champs, and at least we aren't getting swept by Detroit." But then we go to Detroit for game 5 and DOMINATE THEM AT HOME!?!?!??! WTF were we doing the first 3 games?!?!?

Coming back in a best of 7 from being down 3-0 to win 4 straight has NEVER happened in basketball! Red Sox did it the only time in Baseball and it's happened a couple times in hockey, man if we make history like that it'll be soooo sweet.

P.S. sorry bout your warriors :-( nothing to be ashamed of they had a great end to their season and made the playoffs really exciting!

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12918
with the mavs out of the playoffs its anyone's championship. i think all the teams feels that.

Bronze Member
Username: Csdoplr

Post Number: 24
i predict the spurs will win it all

Bronze Member
Username: Csdoplr

Post Number: 28
man im good at that
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help