Virginia shootings

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3528
The worse since "Pennsylvania" last year today a gunman open fired on 32 students in "Virginia" the worse gun massacre in US history.

Upload

Eyewitnesses at Virginia Tech university have been emailing the BBC News website describing the scene at the campus, where at least 31 people have been killed and 10 injured.
Read a selection of them below, as they come in.

I am a graduate student at Virginia Tech and fortunately I chose not to go to campus early this morning. We have been notified of the first incident very quickly and advised to stay indoors and exercise caution. One of my friends was teaching a class in Norris Hall, where the second incident took place. She sent me an email and an instant message saying she met with the shooter by accident and was nearly shot. She succeeded in barricading herself along with other students in one of the classrooms and as far as I know she is now safe. God help all the students who were injured in this tragic event!
Mihai Alexe, Blacksburg, VA

Our campus has been shut down for the remainder of the day, and many local high schools have kept everything on lock down.
Mala, Blacksburg, USA

I am a graduate student at VT. This has been quite a surreal and grim morning for us all. We had a shooter on campus on the first day of campus and now this. We have been under a lot of stress lately, as there have already been several bomb threats over the past few weeks, even as early as Friday. I do not know if the threats are related to today's shooting. I still can't believe this has happened. My tears continue to pour as the number of casualties continues to rise.
Mia Ortega, Blacksburg, VA, USA

I am a student at Virginia Tech and was on campus during the second shooting at Norris Hall. The Virginia Tech police told us that 20 are confirmed dead and 28 are being treated for injuries. This is the second shooting in one year as well as three bomb threats in the last week. Students are terrified.
Derek Belcher, Blacksburg, Virginia US

I'm from University College Dublin and now on exchange in Virginia Tech. A murderer on campus on our first day here is as bad as it could get, this is unbelievable. Find it hard to believe that 20 people can really be dead. Sitting in dorms right now, waiting for further news. People starting to be released, seems worst may be over.
Nicola, Ireland /Blacksburg, VA

We are stuck on lockdown in the library on campus right now and everyone just seems to be in shock. Cops are everywhere. We just heard that 17 people have been shot. It's been hard to determine what's true and what's just a rumour. We can only hope that the shooters are caught soon.
Krishna and Allison, Blacksburg, Virginia, America

The scene here is just surreal. Watching the TV and looking at the web-pages, you know that all of this is happening on your campus, but you don't fully realize that it is actually happening; especially as a student. One of my friends was in one of the classrooms where the shooting occurred, and the scene he described was utter chaos. It sounded like a scene from a movie, something that you watch but never expect to happen to you, or to anyone that you know. My thoughts and prayers go out to the friends and families of the victims.
Brandon, Blacksburg, USA

I am a faculty from VT. I am shocked with the scale of this horrific event took place in our campus. The gunman is reportedly dead. We do not have much information. An evacuation plan will be performed by police officers very soon and we will go back to our homes. May the victims' souls rest in peace.
Kerem Gungor, Blacksburg, VA

We are in total shock, and it's still setting in. The fact that 20 people have been shot on my campus is totally unthinkable and unbelievable. It's like something out a movie, but it's real. I pray for the families of those killed. This is a terrible tragedy, one that will have a lasting impact on this university for years to come.
Timothy Owen, Blacksburg, Virginia, USA

This is truly awful. I am staying just outside of campus at the moment. So many of my friends are in there, and not knowing is just awful. I still cannot believe that more than 20 have died...
Richard Allnutt, Blacksburg, USA

I am a student at Virginia Tech and was in my dormitory at 10:30 when I FINALLY got word about the shootings. I was on my way out to class when I was stopped by a hallmate telling me about what was going on. Students are now coming back to the dorms. I have a friend who is in the building behind Norris and is surrounded by students and faculty who were in Norris. One girl expressed how she saw many bl(o)ody bodies. We are being advised to stay in the dorm, but information from the University is slow, although the news coverage has been the best source of information. Why weren't we warned after the FIRST shooting?
Bethany Zimmerman, Blacksburg Virginia

I am a student. I was walking to class when one of the buildings was evacuated. The police yelled to get off the drillfield. People started running everywhere. The situation is intense. Everyone is worried.
Brett Morris, Blacksburg, VA, USA

Death toll already verified at 20. Victims have been taken to a regional hospital. FBI has been called in to investigate. There was a single heavily-armed shooter that has now been reported as shot dead as well. All classes have been cancelled, some buildings are being evacuated one by one.
Justin Shrout, Alexandria Virginia

Just spoke via messenger to my friend, who works at Virginia Tech - her husband works in that building (Norris Hall) but was luckily teaching in a different building. When we stopped talking maybe 20 minutes ago, she thought it was all over now, and students were being sent home.
Scared, Southampton UK

After the second shooting, police vehicles have been travelling through town using PA systems to warn town residents to stay away from windows. Blacksburg is an extremely safe town, we rarely, if ever lock the doors to our house at night.
Nathan Johnson, Blacksburg, VA

My name is Nicholas Kiersey, and I am a PhD student at Virginia Tech, from Ireland. I just wanted to express my sorrow about this tragic and inexplicable event. It's hard to believe that events like this can happen in your own life, events that we can usually only ever view from a distance, on our TV sets. VT has been a wonderful school to me, as has the Blacksburg community. This tragedy, combined with the one just a few months ago, involving Will Morva (who I knew very well actually) will leave the whole region devastated for a long time to come.
Nicholas Kiersey, Blacksburg, VA

Quote - BBC News

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1801
These copycat shootings are making the term "going postal" seem tame.

Why can't these sicko's shoot up city hall,or the police station,something good for the comunity?lol
Note: Do not attempt !Disclaimer
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us