Vinyl albums

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3112
does any1 know anything about vinyl albums, my dad has 190, 33's from the early 70's and he's looking to sell them, so im out trying to get info to see what there worth, so if any1 has a website or something that would help it would be greatly appricated.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 5579
I have boxes of 25+ year old baseball/football cards. Things like these only become more valuable with age. Does he need $$?? If not, hold onto them. They could be worth a fortune someday. My brother sells his 20 year old JI Joe comic books at $800 a piece on Ebay. Fugger got most of them from me when we were kids.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4702
i have about, id say close to 1000 baseball cards all of which range from when my dad was my age to my current age now...im bound to have some valueable cards in the boxes somewhere....me and my sis also have about 500 beanie babys aroud our house

Gold Member

Post Number: 5585
I was always curious as to value of my cards. Never checked up on it. Yanks, interested in any Yankee cards I have?

With vinyl going out I personally hold onto them. JMO.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4707
lol no thanks paul...i have enough i think

Gold Member

Post Number: 5589

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13760
The value of your vinyl depends on the recording artist and the rarity of the recording.

Do your research about the artist then the rarity of the recording, whether or not it is a first press or second and all that.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago What the phu...

Post Number: 1257
"i have about, id say close to 1000 baseball cards all of which range from when my dad was my age to my current age now"

yeah but they're all yankee players so no one gives a sh!t :-)

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 833
I agree with Berny and add that the main consideration from buyers will be condition. If the LP itself is worn or scratched, forget it. But if everything (cover, liner, LP) are in great shape you can sometimes get good money for certain titles, especially The Beatles, Elvis, Jimi, etc. Most common titles are worth a dollar or two.

But the really big money is in 45's with original sleeves, especially color sleeves.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12048
one day my btl's will be worth a lot cause chad lee used them. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4018
iv got a bunch of vinyls list the stuff you have and maybe ill buy them if they are in good condition

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4715
"yeah but they're all yankee players so no one gives a sh!t"

lol some of them are, some of them arent

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3496
Not sure if this site could assist you in anyway they like to talk about stuff like this.

http://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3113
ya idk, i really don't want them and my dad doesn't have a record player anymore so he doesn't want them, most of them are in really good condition, the covers are perfect and the records are not scratched he said. to be homest i realy don't know what all albums he has, i know he has the beatles "white album" which is supposedly collectable, he has a bunch more maybe i'll look sometime and see what all he has.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6883
And never once has anyone prosed about the virtue of vinyl, let alone professed their turntable.
Embarrassing.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13795
Aah, the MP3 generation...they wouldn't understand.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us