British soldiers captured in Iran

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3338
Well now there pictures are up on the Iranian TV, well I smell a black ops in the works here and our British soldiers where caught fair and square with there paints down!

Do you think there operation in that part of world was legitimate?

Do you think they where spying in some dirty British black ops?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1238
F*ck Iran. Maybe you guys can nuke em so we don't have to.

It's about time somebody else dealt with the evil in the world. It seems like we (the U.S.) always seem to get tasked with stopping N. Korea or Iran or the likes from destroying the world, cause nobody else wants to do it.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9902
amen:-)

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2110
No body is going to destroy the world, and America needs to stay out of foreign affairs. All it does it cause wars, sends our troops out with some not returning, and raised taxes. Its bullsh!t. I would not want to live anywhere else than the United States because I love this country but our government is fucked up.

On another note, who here knows that our President at the time planned, caused, and knew the attacks on Pearl Harbor were going to happen? It's true! Fucked up I know..

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 2396
ok , first. I support our troops and love the USA but...since when have we been the "world police" ? I think we should mind our own business and stay out of other countries.
second...Planned? Caused? and knew....knew I can believe...but how did the President plan and cuase the attack on Pearl Harbor...I want some facts....show something to back up your statement on this one

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2113
Read Richard Marbury's World War II (sequal to WWI, but the second book tells it all). It's a great book if you like reading, even if you don't. I hate reading, and didn't even like history but this started to change my mind on the subjects.

FDR was so desperate to get involved in the war in Europe, but knew the American people would not support his decision to declare war on the Axis Powers, so he came up with a plan. This plan was to push Japan closer and closer to attacking the United States so we would have reason to enter the war. I'm not sure on many of the facts but here are some.

-FDR made a secret agreement with Churchill that if Japan attacked Britain or any of their territories, the U.S. would declare war on Japan.

-FDR moved the Navy fleet from San Diego (where it was on the mainland of the U.S. where it could easily be protected) and it was moved to Hawaii (which is much closer to Japan, surrounded 360 degrees by water, and far away from the U.S. mainland).

-FDR sent many battle ships through Japanese waters to circle and intimidate Japan.

-FDR put many of our ships around the Dutch East Indies oil fields which were Japan's oil supply. Then intimidates the Dutch to cut off Japan's supply.

-He cut off all raw materials to Japan.

-He gave all possible aid to the Chinese government to fight Japan.

-He passes the Lend-Lease Act which gives money and other resources to the governments of Britain and China to fight the Japanese with.

-He then starts to bring home all the new ships stationed in Hawaii that were equipted with up to date weapons. He left the old ships from WWI with very FEW machine guns on board. He also left the Navy, who was weak and not capable to protect themselves if ever an attack.

-He found out the Japanese had stationed an aircraft carrier only a few hundred miles away from Hawaii with a few hundred planes ready to attack Pearl Harbor the next day. HE DID NOT INFORM ANYONE ON PEARL HARBOR.

Keep in mind that the United States was supposed to be NEUTRAL during all of these things. The American people believed their country was neutral, and believed FDR when he told them that their "boys would not be sent into any foreign wars." Obviously, he had different plans.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1271
" No body is going to destroy the world "

Well then I guess Iran wants to build some nuclear weapons so they can just sit around and look at them. Never mind their repeated public statements about wanting to blow Israel and the western nations off the map, they must not really mean that. Wake up.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 1848
Don't get me started... I agree with M.S. I'm glad to have a good, strong willed conservative around for once! There are far too many liberals on this site.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4776
I'm sorry people, but when it come to ANY event that effects the entire world...no large country can be truly neutral.

Yes, the Pres. has made mistakes, but imagine what Gore/Kerry would have done. (Since they lost the elections, they have made total douche's out of themselves).

There are a few things you HAVE to remember:

1- There will always be an extremist this-or-that trying to start sh!t because "they are right".

2- The world revolves around oil. Like it or not.

3- First-strike nuclear attacks are not the dangerous thing...Second-strike capability is.

4- There are so many things going on in the world that no one person can EVER hope to know it all. The day you think you do, that is the day you know nothing.

5- War is hell.

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 2402
oh, and we hear about the 3000+ American soldiers that have died in this "war", but we don't hear how many Iraqis/Afganis have been killed....I bet the number is a lot larger..also, the US has lost less soldiers in this war than any other war its ever been in. And finally, remember a few things....
1>it is a war
2>In war, soldiers primarily do 2 things, blow things up and kill people.
3>In a war, soldiers on both sides are going to die.
4>The US soldiers in this war are VOLUNTEERS. they were not DRAFTED, they signed up...knowing full well that at some time they might be called upon to go into battle and possibly die.
So, even if you don't agree with the war,
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13669
^^^FTW :-)

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4779
^true

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 5259
I could never see the point of anyone against our troops. In almost every war the US has been in there has been controversy over intent. You're never going to get FULL support from the ppl. Bush could start a war on retardation and somewhere, someone will cry foul. It's funny, publicly speaking/acting out against the war is one of the freedoms our troops are fighting to protect. Do you know what they do to to ppl who "speak up" against government actions over there? We really do take alot for granted. Support them? H3ll, I wanna adopt them.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1465

quote:

So, even if you don't agree with the war,
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

The problem is that anytime you express opposition to this "war" the righties jump up and accuse you of being against the troops, and therefore anti-American. What a crock. Of course I support the troops. (I used to be one myself.)

The fact is that this "war" was trumped up by Bush/Cheney and company, and when we invaded Iraq, it had nothing to do with a "war on terror." It is now known that dubya was intent on invading Iraq before 9/11. Osama actually did him a favor on 9/11, giving Bush an excuse. Of course he could only do it after a short and halfassed occupation of Afganistan.

Did we not learn anything from Viet Nam?
­

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6641
no}

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3348
Destroy the world by that you mean (Nuclear Holocaust)! It would take a lot to rip this planet apart then again the above will just poison the whole planet!

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3351
The British Soldiers have been set free, and I still smell a black ops was involved here with SAS sneaking around these British troops where nothing but pawns in this cloak and dagger game.

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3398
Now there telling more BullSh!T in an amazing false story to the world with but most the United Kingdom they buggers where pawns in a black ops while the SAS are still sneaking around Iran. The United Kingdom is a nation lead by a Prime Minister!

Released sailors tell of ordeal

Upload

Royal Navy personnel seized by Iran were blindfolded, bound and held in isolation during their 13 days in captivity, the crew have said.

They were lined up while weapons were cocked, making them "fear the worst", one of the 15 freed sailors revealed.

The crew were told that if they did not admit they were in Iranian waters when captured that they faced seven years in prison, a press conference heard.

Opposing their captors was "not an option," they said.
And after the 15 marines and sailors were seized they were subjected to random interrogation and rough handling, and faced constant psychological pressure, they said.
The navy has already begun a review of the circumstances surrounding the incident.

Royal Marine Captain Chris Air, 25, from Altrincham, Cheshire, said they had seconds to make a decision when confronted by the Iranians while carrying out a routine operation.

"We are aware that many people have questioned why we allowed ourselves to be taken in the first place and why we allowed ourselves to be shown by the Iranian authorities on television.

"Let me be absolutely clear, from the outset it was very apparent that fighting back was simply not an option".

"Had we chosen to do so then many of us would not be standing here today. Of that I have no doubts".
Had they resisted there would have been a fight they could not have won, he said.
"Fighting back would have caused a major international incident and an escalation of tension within the region," he said.

Iraqi waters
Two of the crew read out a prepared statement to the press conference at the Royal Marines Barracks at Chivenor, in north Devon.

Lieutenant Felix Carman, 26, of Swansea, south Wales, said the sailors and marines were on an operation on 23 March, 1.7 nautical miles from Iranian waters, when they were captured.
Cpt Chris Air said the crew had made it clear they were on a "routine operation allowed under a UN mandate" but the Iranians had a "planned intent."

"Some of the Iranian sailors were becoming deliberately aggressive and unstable."

Their boat was surrounded by six boats and rammed and they were trained with heavy machine guns and weapons.

The officer in charge Lt Carman said they were taken to a prison in Tehran where they were stripped and dressed in pyjamas.

They were kept in stone cells, sleeping on blankets and held in isolation until the last few nights and frequently interrogated.
Lt Carman said they were given two choices.

"If we admitted we had strayed, we would be on a plane back to the UK soon. If we didn't we faced up to seven years in prison".
The only woman in the group, Leading Seaman Faye Turney, believed for at least four days that she was the only one still being held.

"Like all of us she has been exploited," Cpt Air said.
Royal Marine Joe Tindell told how they feared for their lives in prison.

"We had a blindfold and plastic cuffs, hands behind our backs, heads against the wall. Basically there were weapons cocking. Someone, I'm not sure who, someone said, I quote 'lads, lads I think we're going to get executed'."

"After that comment someone was sick and as far as I was concerned he had just had his throat cut."
Lt Carman said they were only allowed to gather for a few hours together, in the full glare of Iranian media.
He said they only learned they were going to be released when they watched the Iranian president on TV.

"There was a huge moment of elation," he said.
Iranian TV has said it expected some of the British sailors would come under pressure from the UK government when they returned home to change their story.
The navy's review will look at the the circumstances surrounding the incident and the wider rules of engagement for UK forces operating in the area.

WOW I SMELLED TONYUpload BLAIR IN ALL THAT! WHAT A COVER UP!!

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3399
Does the Trojan Hoarse ring any bells why the Iranians concertinaed on there fine catch at sea the SAS sneak in under a British black ops, even a blind man can see that!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us