Astronomy astronomy?

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3319
Does anyone do amateur astronomy on this site?

It's a nice chilly, well not that cold outside. There's clear sky in all directions, I currently have Saturn in the south sky with 6mm eye piece. Slight breeze of wind tends to wobble the scope from time to time making the image unstable for a brief moment.

The moon will clear this tree that I have in the way outside, thou I have seen it earlier when it was in-between two trees, but she'll be a lot high up at around 22Hrs.

Jupiter will be clear in the sky at around 01:00 hrs low in the south, southeast sky, no chance of seeing due to the obstacles in the way. I'd have to wait until 4 and 5 in the early hours of Monday morning to see anything and LOL, who knows it, might cloud up!

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 words

Post Number: 5165
I love watching the stars. Where I live though prohibits it. D@mn urban areas. I used to go to Canada every year and the stars you see up there......Wow!

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3321
Like really pitch, black no streetlights? Oh that sounds like a wonderful place to be. Around here I have a few streetlights down the alleyway and it can really cow the view up, especially when your eye happens to catch the light it takes a minute or two for the eye to adjust to the nightlight.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5166
It's not just the city lights. The smog hazes everything. You see only the brightest. I remember being able to track and watch satellites as they make their way across the night sky. Good stuff.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9855
I have a place in New hampshire in the white mountains where on a clear night the whole sky looks white from all the stars. You can see the whole milky way. I love it:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 5169
Cruise ships when they shut the lights off are supposed to be amazing. Just watch out for the icebergs!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9865
lol I can smell Icebergs lol

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3323
"I can smell ice when it's there you know."

"Bullocks."

Yeah I can see the odd satellite passing overhead and the ISS from west to east. Last time I saw the ISS was last October 2006 I think?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5177
How long is the space station going to remain in orbit? Didn't I read somewhere they're going to let it come down on its' own soon? Curious......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us