Some science

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 670
I was thinking about matter and anti-matter and all that. I wonder how many of these theories scientists have come up with are true.

I think it's interesting that, from what I've seen, solids only about 30% actual matter or less. A lot of it is just empty space. I think of these things as force fields. That's why extremely small particles like quarks can pass through a whole mountain without ever running into anything. I've also heard of a possibility of neutronics.

It's weird to think about the existence of antimatter and how everything is affected by everything else. Sound waves are just fluctuations, electromagnetic waves are an energy of their own. The beginning of the universe was such a high temperature. The universe is neverending unless you can go faster than the speed of light to escape the light/matter that's travelling to expand the universe and spread the energy. I wonder what's beyond the universe. Is it just more emptiness? Is it a new dimension? How many dimensions are there? Do black holes really connect to the antiuniverse at the singularity? What would the properties an element with an atomic # up in the 1000's or trillions or even 10^10^10^10^10^10^10^36+ be in the time it existed? Would it be big enough to be seen as a single atom? How would energies above 10^300 CeV (within a sphere over a 10^10^100 AU radius) affect things when confined within an area of less than 10^-300 meters? There's so much we don't know.

Feel free to express your own opinions and ideas. I'm interested in this kind of thing.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 2717
You mean about infinate smallness being directly related to infinate largeness?? Take the smallest known element, doesn't matter what it is. It would have to be able to be cut in half, right? How can we as humans, think the universe is any different?

Silver Member

Post Number: 672
Yep. Of course, there's also been synthetically made anti-hydrogen. It does make sense that what ever happens at a small scale would happen at a large scale. But there are also gigantic forces because of large amounts of matter in a small spot putting extreme stress on a small point. There are just so many variables.

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1385
For those that have been in school and/or have life long studies, (scientists) permanent loss of common sense is common.

Too many scientists that try to become somebody have ended up losing their mind over trying to be the next Einstein. You will see what the truth really is later on. Most scientific crap is garbage. I m talking about the ridiculous ones, not common biology, physics, and chemistry.

Heres a good one;

Research says that 99% of the research out there is a waste of tax payer money (including this one).

LOL :-)

Gold Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1386
Andrei,

Read Genesis in the christian (NKJV or NIV) bible to get answers to your inquiring mind. I believe that you will find a lot of good truthfull information there that will help clear things up.

Silver Member

Post Number: 673
Careful about spelling my name wrong!

I might as well take a look, it's right over there isn't it? Ah, yes. Well, I haven't quite finished my homework. I better do that first.

Gold Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1388
Sorry Andre, nothing personal. Its just a typo.

Silver Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chicago, Illinois I Eats Beats...

Post Number: 381
read like the first 3rd or so of this thread, my brain hurts, thx....spark....pufff....cough....

Silver Member
Username: I_likes_da_bass

Bentonville, AR USA

Post Number: 343
That's pretty interesting.

Silver Member
Username: Bigsim

NSW Australia

Post Number: 272
Aaactually, quantum theory says there's a limit to how small stuff can get.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planck_length

...my head hurts :-(

Silver Member

NSW Australia

Post Number: 273
Dammit, I swear I posted in this thread. As I was saying...

Quantum theory suggests that there's a finite limit to how small stuff can get.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planck_length

...my head hurts :-(

Silver Member

NSW Australia

Post Number: 274
Aww crap. Triple post FTW!!!!!111

Silver Member
Username: I_likes_da_bass

Bentonville, AR USA

Post Number: 344
LOL

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12398
Dang Andre...you and your theories!

You'd make a great philosophy student, forget science, man, I bet you'll do wonders in the philosophical area:-)

Start reading Descartes, Plato, Aristotle, Socrates, Nietzsche, etc.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2347
d_mn andre, thats kinda tight cause ive always wondered about this sh!t too and i too am interestd in this stuff.

i think that, my opinion here, there are trillions of other galaxies out there but 99.99999999999% of them will never be explored or even seen by us humans becuase it is impossible to catch up with them because they are all moving away from us ever since the big bang some 4.6 billion years ago. i think that we will be able to come up with a teechnology that will allow us to visit some of the "close" galaxies like Andromeda i thin the name is. i also think that we are not the only life out there and that there are countless number of other lifes or lifeforms. to think we ar the only life is just retarded. think abuot how big the universe is, i mean it is uncomprehensible. we are so insignificant that i dont know how else to say it. the earth is a small planet compared to other planets we've been to/seen and we are the home to billions of people and animals, just think of how much life is out there on other planets which are twice the size of us. or even three times the size of us. i think that within the next 100 years we as humans will find eveidence of other life out there, maybe in our own solar system, yuo never know. now will we be able to talk with or comminciate with them, probably not because chances are, they will have a completly different language and mathematics structure. we wont have a way to communicate with them but we will find a way and hopefully they will have words of wisdom for us and can teach us on how to protect our home and not destroy it (and no im not some hippie abuot saving the planet). the size of the universe will never be known because there is no way to tell. we would have to find the edge of the universe which is moving away from us at a speed of almost the speed of light. that means we would have to travel over 186,000 miles/hour just to gain ground on it. and black holes i think do not lead us to another dimension, but i do believe there are other dimensions in other galaxies tat we cannot see because we do not have the proper eye sight or something to see it.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 2718
Deep man! Now to really challenge your mind....who likes really big b@@bs???

Seriously, this thread is about one f@rt away from turning religous.

Not that there's anything wrong with that......

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12400
LOL...just say no to religious and political discussions. Too many differing opinions!

Yes, let's talk about boobology!

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2358
d_mn, i liked my post...

but yea, i love my some big ole tittties.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us