Anyone care to give opinion

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2214
as some of you know, my car is kinda messed up but not really.
this the story, we bought my car used and drove it and everything is fine. a couple months later, we take it to the shop becuase the sun roof was whislting, nothing major right...well they determined the car was in an accident before we bought it. and its pretty eveident if you look hard enough, can see the paint lines, how the bumper doesnt line up eactly, nothing visible by looking at it for a sec but if you stare long enough, you'll notice. but they told us half the car is under warranty, half isnt, we dont know what is or isnt. they attempted to fix the sunroof but it didnt work. so we took it back in and not they are saying we cant fix it cause of the accident. this leads me to believe that anything that ever goes wrong with this car will be the accidnets fault and leave me with the bill and the hassle.
now, i was looking to get a wrx but i decided that they just arent for me, im more of a audio guy then speed guy. not too mention i dont wanna drop 3000 on turbos and what not.
so this is where u come in, i found a black tc with 5600 miles for 15000, my tc has 23000 miles and i can get 15000 for it. shold i even bother my parents and try to convince them to trade in or sell my car and purchase the black tc? i cant decide, i mean i want to cause i dont wanna be screwed with the tc i have now but also dont wanna go thro the hassle of changing cars. it shuold be a pretty even trade in at a dealership, we might lose $1000 from it tops id say. not too mention that the black tc is a manual, the one im selling is auto, and i want a manual and i like black better...
what is your take on all this? anyone?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2216
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=213525950&dealer_id=59041849&car_ye ar=2006&model=TC&num_records=25&make3=&make2=SUB&start_year=2000&engine=&keyword srep=&keywordsfyc=&certified=&fuel=&body_code=0&search_type=both&distance=100&mo del2=IMPREZ&first_record=101&make=SCION&color=&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=pr iceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=20112&advanced=&en d_year=2007&pager.offset=100&doors=&transmission=&max_price=17000&cardist=48

thats the black tc im looking at if anyone is interested

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8742
I would do anything to get out of your car NOW! seriously, it is only going to become more and more headaches as time goies on.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12360
Get out of the car you have now. if it has been in an accident and the repair was not done right...evidence of misaligned bumper and paint lines. This means that the car was done in a shop not knowing what they are doing. Probably a cheap non-insurance job. The previous owner took the insurance money and took the car to some garage.

You'll have more problems later on, you don't even know what type of accident it was in?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2218
there was no report of an accident on the car but its apparent it was an in accident. it seems the previous owner of my car rear ended someone. it doesnt help that the place we bought it from was a small little car lot with only like 20 cars on it. kinda sketch but it was a decent deal for it.

my dad thinks it will be fine but ima try to convince him to change over. even if it means me giving up $1000. thanks for the input guys.

and keep opinions coming...

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 9082
convince your parents. i hate used cars that has already been in an accident. it will bother you as long as you have that car. get a cleaner car man. please.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

New sub : 1 ...

Post Number: 10383
get rid of it even if u lose a lil $ from what u paid ....

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2221
alrite, i guess tonite will be the nite that we have a little talk i guess. ill let everyone know what happens...wish me luck.

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 971
i say get rid of it too but im a little late. And i think thats what ur deciding to do.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2222
better late than never. im accepting ideas all nite until about 10 pm e.s.t.

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 9086
give me your dad's cell #. i will talk to him for you. lol.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2225
673-382-9217

and for everyone who thinks i just gave my dads cell phone number out...your an idiot...but go ahead and call and see what the person says. i wonder whos number it was...

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 9088
i guess i am an idiot.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12366
Tell him about the airbag problme you may end up having. If the shop that fixed it is incompetent, judging by their work...they are...you may compromised the safety features of the car. The sensors may no longer be in place and the light that tells you something is wrong is no longer working.

This is now a safety issue.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2226
very good point berny...my parents love safety.

and chad i wasnt calling you an idiot. i would never do that. i forgot to add the haha at the end of it signifying that i was kidding...dont take it to heart.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2227
looking back at that post, i came off sounding like a d!ck, im sorry chad.

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 9090
don't worry about it. i was just playing. i don't take nothing to heart and i know you were just joking so i was going along with your joke. lol.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2239
bump for more opinions...

and how hard is it to drive manual? never done it before so id have to learn...im guessing it would only take like 2 days or so. a few hours a day?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12368
1 day only...It is easier than it sounds. My son learned the basics and at the end of the day he already knows how.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2251
aweesome then, im not worreid abuot it

thanks

Silver Member
Username: Luisdelbronx

Bronx, NY USA

Post Number: 107
Yanks im like you lol i dont know how to drive a manual but i want one lol..my father said he learned in 1 day back when he was younger then i am now.. everyone i know always tells me it makes a drive more fun. hopefully if my current car doesnt get messed up again i can have my next car before this summer.

Silver Member
Username: Luisdelbronx

Bronx, NY USA

Post Number: 108
hey yanks, they giving the god father on spike lol

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2271
im watching godfather!!!!

wheres berny

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2272
alrite guys heres the verdict on the issue of my car:

ready....

yanks fan is going to sell his tc he has now and buy a new tc. i wont have my new tc for another 2-3 months id say but it will be worth the wait.

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 848
I dont know how you plan on getting 15000 out of a wrecked car, but if you can then do it!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2278
its not wrecked, it doesnt have any visible damage, only when u really look at it hard.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12371
Way to go Yanks FanUpload

You are watching "The Godfather"? Whatsa matta? Someone made you an offer you can't refuse???

I'm afraid that we overhyped the movie for and you may be disappointed LOL!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2280
....yea u did. its good but kinda not what i was expecting

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8754
AWSOME:-)

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 975
did u catch it all the way from the beginning or u started somewhere in the middle?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2284
middle...got bored changed the channel 10 min later...got there when the horse head was in the bed

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12377
You should see the full uncut version.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2292
i will berny...

by the way, car ad in the for sale section for anyone interested in it.

Gold Member

Fi Audio BTL

Post Number: 9134
i gotta see that movie now. sounds fun. not. i've seen that so many times. once i start watching the first one, i won't stop until i see all three.

great on the car issue. glad things are working out for you.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2293
yea thanks chad...so far things are good. just trying to find a buyer.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3571
good luck selling your car and getting a new one hope it all works out

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2296
thank you charlie

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8762
Chad dont bother watching 3 IMO it is kind of like Jaws 3 lol Rocky is one of the only movies with 4 good movie's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us