Buy now online or not???

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 2416
Ok, so I'm in the market for a new notebook. I tried having my old one fixed but the local shop is giving me the runaround. They told me "a couple of days" and it's been over a month. All it needed was a new hard drive. Fed up with them I told them to forget it, I want a new one, watcha got?? They caught me liking an HP pavillion, 1gig of ram, dual core processor, 120g HD, dvd burner notebook for $1000. Fair price, imo. They said they would call me when they got one in. Well, they didn't. I'm saying to h@ll with them altogether and started looking online.
My "pinch" is that Walmart has that very same notebook with 2 gig ram, for $70 less!! Called them up and they said online prices do NOT represent instore prices and I could pay more at the store.
My problem: Do I buy the d@mn thing online tonight, and get it shipped by next Wed? Oooor do I wait till tomorrow and hope the local Walmart has one in stock, at the price I want, to save shipping $$??
I'm getting one either way, just sitting here with the "purchase now" button staring me in the face. Choices, choices, choices......

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2417
Anyone? I'm getting trigger happy.....

Shame. I used to get a response here in minutes, not hours, or days...... Oh well.

So much for member response.

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2418
End of rant. I bought the d@amn thing.!!!!! Thanks to all that helped........

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Premier...

Post Number: 10272
well most of the young guys on here r probably out getting drunk & such -lol

y not take a walk down tomorrow 2 ur local W/mart & see if they have 1 ......

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2419
Goodnight all......

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2420
Yeah Rovin I would, but I wouldn't be assured the right price, or in stock. At least online they have in stock. I don't know.
I need some sleep to process what I just did. Meaning: Why did I just spend $1000??????

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 516
I couldn't think of anything to say...

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8530
lol I would have said to hit the button and stop being a sally:-):-)

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 831
I would have said buy one about 200 cheaper and give me that 200

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8534
lol good one :-)

Silver Member
Username: I_likes_da_bass

Bentonville, AR USA

Post Number: 310
You did the right thing. Sorry I didn't get here in time to encourage you. LOL.

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2421
Yeah I did. I was just p!ssed off at the shop that had my old notebook. They've had it since Nov 28th. Then they didn't call about getting the new notebook in. Their loss. At least I know for sure now when I'll be getting it.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2577
sorry paul i was working all night. but hey atleast you got a new one comming. if your old one only needs a new hard drive for it maybe ill buy it. what model is it and can you post some specs of it and stuff. maybe a rough price?

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2427
Mat, I don't even know if I'm going to get it back. The asian woman I left it with said she was having a very difficult time with it. After a month I went into the shop to give up and take it home. It was sitting on the table right behind her and she told me it wasn't here. Personally I think she either fugged it up or was too incompetant to fix it. It also could've been a ploy to sell me a new one from her shop.
Anyway, here's the link to the thread I started about it in the computer section. https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/computers/292502.html

Bronze Member
Username: Luisdelbronx

Bronx, NY USA

Post Number: 80
I think you should try to get the old one back and sell it to make up some of that $1,000..if you dont they will probably fix it and sell it for a huge profit, i know people who were not too educated when it came to computers and bought an old pentium 2 computer for like 400 dollars at a computer store, and that was this year.

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2428
Just for haha's, here's the one I'm getting. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5238478
I think it's a good price.

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2432
Funny how fast technology moves. Does anyone remember how much the Atari 2600 cost at the time it came out? Even waiting 6 months on buying computer equipment or video game consoles saves you tons of $$$$$$. You want state of the art, and pay for it. Then you see it 1/2 year later and want to eat a grenade!

Buddy of mine bought a dvd recorder about 5 years ago, for $800. I bought mine last year for less than $100.

I have a 7" portable dvd player that I payed $275 for about 2 years ago. 10" models are going for $100. I'm sick.

All you can do is wait, or overpay. It depends on how much you want saying "I have the latest".

Platinum Member

1 12 Premier...

Post Number: 10277
i get what ur saying man ^^

look @ cellphones how big/bulky with no features they used to be - now u surf the net on ur phone & its priced good

also -yrs ago when there were VCRs same big/bulky expensive ,now $25 u get a fully loaded features lightwight DVD player

check out too the original ps1 & ps2 how big then a slimline version which was cheaper too came out

well with computers like every mth some new better sh!t keeps appearing .....

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2437
^^^Yup. Computers and gaming consoles seem to mirror each other in advancement. Sh!tter is my job depends on computers and my "free" time is on games. I can't afford to wait on the "deals" I can get on computers when they're affordable. I CAN afford to wait on PS3 when it's down to $150!!!!!

Platinum Member

1 12 Premier...

Post Number: 10278
that'll be another 5yrs or so when next generation of consoles could be due since that was the standard every 5yrs

man those flash key usb pendrives were expensive & could only hold 128mb - last i heard its up to 2GIGS !

same with digital cameras

hey man - isnt it a drag when sub section is out 4 so loooong , i had 2 go 2 other forums 2 kill some time......

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2438
^^^I'm with ya!

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2439
Why do you think I play so much in other sections???

Silver Member
Username: I_likes_da_bass

Bentonville, AR USA

Post Number: 312
I feel ya on the advancement of pc's. 6 years ago I bought my first pc and it was a P4 1.7ghz w\256MB RAM, a 40Gig HD and a cd burner. I paid a hair over 2 grand for it. 4 years later I got my dads first pc and it was double everything on mine for 1 grand. Now I just got my second pc with Athlon 3200 2Gig RAM 250Gig HD and DVD burner for 1 grand. Almost makes me sick to see what I'll be able to get in the next 6 years with the same money.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8571
thats technology:-) if it wasnt that way everything would stay at rediculous prices and noone would have the best.

Bronze Member
Username: Thecrypt

Post Number: 40
exactly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us