Do you believe in...

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1660
...the madden curse. i do. heres some facts about it straight from wikipedia:

"Prior to 2000, all of the Madden NFL game box covers prominently featured John Madden only. When EA started to have NFL players on the cover of the Madden NFL games, some later (half-jokingly) speculated that there was a "Madden curse": a coincidental series of misfortunes that befell the product's cover-athletes. This is similar to another EA game, Knockout Kings, in which many of the boxers put on the cover seemed to end up losing relatively soon.

In the 2002 edition of the game, Minnesota Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper appeared on the cover, and suffered an injury plagued year. People started noticing a pattern with St. Louis Rams running back Marshall Faulk, who appeared on the 2003 edition cover of Madden, witnessed a sharp statistical decline the following year. The next year, Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick was injured during the 2003 preseason after posing for the cover of Madden 2004. Vick suffered a broken fibula the day after Madden 2004 was released to retailers. The injury resulted in a 5-11 year for Vick's team. Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis broke his wrist and failed to record a single interception the season after he appeared on the cover of Madden 2005. Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb suffered two injuries during the 2005 NFL season, and the Eagles finished in last place after he posed on the cover of Madden 2006. Furthermore, McNabb dealt with the controversy between him and Terrell Owens, which greatly affected the team chemistry and ultimate downfall of the season. Then Shaun Alexander suffered a broken foot and was out for more than three weeks after being on the cover of Madden 2007. On a second note, commercials for the 2007 edition include a spot in which Daunte Culpepper, a former cover athlete, and Chad Johnson competing in a game. Once again, Culpepper was bitten by the Madden curse. After an inefficient and injury plagued start to the season, Culpepper was benched in favor of Joey Harrington, turning the Dolphins season around."

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 2129
Funny. Sad, but funny.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9587
why not. Madden is a rambling moron.

my favorite nickname for him is Captain Obvious. REALLLLY listen to him talk sometime....gd

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8173
I love when comedian Frank Calliendo makes fun of him :-) lol if you havnt heard it I highly suggest it it is funny as hell:-) He is a rambling idiot muddy lol that is pretty messed up though about his cover boys.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1675
yea madden says the most obvioous sh-t. its funny to listen to him tho. he announces like hes annoucing to a blind audience. like oh, he just caught the ball. and oh the ___are winning 27-0, they are playing really well today. no sh-t, if they are winning by that muhc, they better be playing good

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8174
lol

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9594
i feel better knowing i am not the only one who feels this way. lolol

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 701
You know wikipedia is information that is input from people just like you and me don't you? Either way, Ray Lewis broke the curse. Even if he didn't have an interception, he had 146 tackles in 15 games.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1685
yea i know that but overall, it was pretty accurate. if it wasnt then i would have typed it myself but i didnt feel like it since it was fairly right
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us