Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8066
new order, omd, when in rome, depeche mode

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1611
depeche mode is decent, but i stick to rap about 99% off the time so they dont get muhc play time with me

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 2100
I'm a dance/techno junkie. How about Culture Beat, AB Logic, Captain Hollywood Project, 2 Unlimited, Ace of Base? I know you've heard Shaggy.

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8067
there are a few more.

anything box, erasure, and pet shop boys.

from what i've heard these groups were big in the eighties.

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8068
yeah i've heard some of the stuff you mentioned over there.

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2101
There's a remix to a song by Culture Beat, "Got to get it" that is just INSANE when listened to with headphones. It's been 10+ years and I still can't figure out how they can do that with sound. I can't explain, you just have to experience it.

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2102
I got to admit it, going clubbing in my day was an awesome time. While my buds were just drooling over the chicks, I was on the floor feeling the bass in my chest. I was hooked from then on.

Music wise, I have a WIDE variety in my collection. Bon Jovi to Ozzy, Matchbox 20 to Sammy davis Jr, Dance/club to Classical, and of course the "goodies". Frank Sinatra, Michael Buble, Nat (and Natalie) King cole, David Matthews, Heart, 80's Michael Jackson, to name only a few......

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8069
nice paul. damn you really like music don't you.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8126
Pet Shot boy's? GGGAAAAYYYYYY!!! I am sorry Chad but they sucked. Some 80's bands that were good were Rat,Whitesnake,Great white, cinderella,The Boss,Bon Jovi,G-N-R,Ozzy,motley crew,sabbath,poison,Madonna, thats all I can think of right now.

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2107
Hey now, Discography was a good album. But yeah, I had the gene jacket with all the patches. White Lion, Def Leppard, G N R's, Slaughter, Queensryche, Cinderella, Quiet Riot ect.....

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1473
The mother of all 80's bands link.
I go here when looking for old stuff to DL. Its just too hard to remember the 80's Nevermind what songs were cool.
Lunitic fringe.....I know your out there.
http://www.pure80spop.co.uk/bandlinksdef.htm

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1474
btw. Depech Mode is my favorite band of all times.
I have every album they put out. Plus theres a bunch of cool covers/ remixes/ edits by Portishhead remix, rammerstien, Zephyr, Razormaid, and Jonny Cash. Mostly DJ stuff for dance clubs. but the singles 81-85 is my favortie album.

Silver Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chicago, Illinois USA

Post Number: 191
80's music FTMFGDPOSAKBSW!!!!!

just takes a real man to admit they have unique taste.

tell me whachya gon' do when i roll up bumpin pat benatar?

i love when ppl yell as i drive past cuz they think my musics g@y...then they see me slam on the brakes and step out the ride, they don't have much to say then :-)

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1325
Ilove 80s music, of course I grew up on 80's metal

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8089
rofl james. i didn't know you were a madonna kinda guy.

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois USA

Post Number: 198
first of all james i like most the stuff you named cept madonna bl0ws, second of all james you can't play "west end girls" by the pet shop boys on a good stereo and tell me that sh!t isn't dope

if you haven't heard west end girls please download it; it's their best song ever!!

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11979
Ah, the 80's...I grew up on that crap.

Try...

China Crisis
Morrisey
The The
Psychedelic Furs
Pseudo Echo
The Ramones
Echo and the Bunnymen
The Smiths
The Cure
Aztec Camera
Siouxsie and the Banshees
Lords of the New Church
Ultravox
The Style Council
Men Without Hats
Flock of Seagulls

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8094
one of my favorite all time song is called "comfortably numb" by pink floyd. that song just relaxes you.

i like the ramones best out of the groups you mentioned there berny.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8167
East end boys and the west end gilrs? yeah man I have heard it I remember listening to it in when it came out. I am not a fan of the pet shop boy's, my sister used to love them. Although old school Madonna I awill admit I am a big fan. I have had so many people laughing histerically when I pull up bumping true blue or material girl:-) Her new stuff well after 1990 is all garbage. I love the ramones, what about the smith's:-)

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8095
yeah the smith's were good.

hey berny flock of seagulls? i guess they were alright. gotta love the hair style.

Upload

did you guys ever see the episodes of friends where they go back in time to chandler and ross's college years. lol. chandler had that hair style. then later they had the miami vice look. man friends is one awesome show.

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois USA

Post Number: 200
comforably numb is great mr. chad lee; how about "learning to fly"?? thats my all time fav pink floyd track. DL it if you haven't heard.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Premier...

Post Number: 10145
guess only us "ol'-timers" on this thread will know about this stuff/80s music

yep after RAY OF LIGHT album Madonna just wet down the toilet with her music & now the poor b!tch has 2 go sample other ppl's music 2 make her own . She totally lost her steam

P et shop boys had some really catchy moving songs back in their time & i liked them

Of course 80s were ruled by h/metal & i enjoyed all that stuff

IMO alot of stuff these days just BLOWS ! https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/music/158806.html .......

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11980

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8208
wow that thread was old:-) Berny with 3000 posts lolol

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois USA

Post Number: 206
i was born in 85' so i don't think i qualify as an "ol-timer"...i just have good taste :-)

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8217
glad to hear it man:-) Floyd used to make me comfotably numb many a night when I was younger:-) lol

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois USA

Post Number: 208
god as much as i love like pink floyd and the doors and other classic rock like that...i almost can't bear to listen to it sometimes...brings back a lot of memories from high school when i listened to em so much while experimenting with some powerful substances...i was lucky to get on the right track, some of my best life-long friends, were not so lucky :-(

Blah sorry to be such a downer, CHRISTMAS IS COMIN YAHOOOO

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12014
Life lessons are never a downer...sobering perhaps. But as long as it afeects you in a positive way, it is a good thing:-)

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8131
just think of the fun you had during those times. at least you got that part of your life out of the way and you are going on with your life.

there was a period of time when i was partying like that.

its awesome how music brings back memories though. music is a very powerful thing.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8220
Thats exactly what I was getting at Crown!!!!! I had a whole lot of fun with floyd and Mr morrison back in the day but like you I was able to walk away and grow up unlike some of my friends also. Whatever doesnt kill you makes you stronger and smarter I guess.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us