Trans Siberian Orchestra

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1254
if you haven't heard them, think orchestra music meets heavy metal....here's a link to a video....don't know who the guy was that did the light thing, but the music is from one of TSO's cd's

http://www.yourdailymedia.com/media/1132494076

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 1917
They've been around awhile. Good music IMO. They had one last year that hit off the charts. Oh, and that vid^^^, is like one of at least three different ones. He's a monster!

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11899
Good stuff, man! I think they've been around since the eighties, perhaps even the 70's.

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Qnited States of FI Ca...

Post Number: 724
If I remember right, they made that guy that owns the house, only play at certain times cause it was causing traffic jams. They also used parts of that vid in a couple different commercials.

Its pretty cool. And must of took a hell of a time get it right on.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11905
Dang, I want the computer program that can do that stuff!!! Move over Clark Griswold!

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1258
Trans Siberian Orchestra is Christmas music played by a metal band and orchestra.

It all started when Paul Oneil produced Savatage's Dead Winter Dead album back in 1995. The album is about the war in Sarajevo. Since the song "Christmas Eve In Sarajevo" was such a big hit arround the hollidays, Savatage decided to put together a Christmas show together. During this time, Paul Oneil put together a lot of Christmas songs together and re-produced them in a rock opera fashion. They have had such a huge success that they had to split the band (Savatage) in half and bring in more orchestral musicians and soloists to have two twin shows simoteneously. One band to tour on the east coast, and one on the west. They would start to tour just after Thanksgiving and run till Christmas.

Trans-Siberian-Orchestra has put out several other albums since. One is non Christmas related. It is called Bethovens Last Night, another is called Christmas Attic. The first is called Christmas Eve and Other Stories.

I do not listen to that type of music any longer, so they may have put out other albums since (who knows?).

Bronze Member
Username: Arande2

Post Number: 88
Thumbs up so high that it's not even funny anymore.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us