Headrest Tv's

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 795
I was talking about this in the Multimedia section or whatever its called, and wanted to post it here also because more people look here.. Im looking to get two headrest TV's already installed in black leather headrests. With headrest TVs where does the sound come from? The interior speakers of the car or are tehre speakers in the TV's themselves? If the sound comes from the interior speakers of hte car then how would you be able to listen to music and have the tvs on while you drive? If anyone knows some stuff on this please let me know. Thanks a lot. And also if i buy the Headrest TV's i also have to get a seperate DVD player right?

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11849
The sound is usually transmitted through your FM station in your stereo. They patch right on to the car stereo's antenna.

Depending on the package you bought, sometimes the monitors come with the DVD player and sometimes not.

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 674
Usually people use headphones with those monitors.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8074
Like Berny said, they use a RF transmitter so you tune to a radio station say 88.9 and it comes through your car's sound system, or they come with wireless headphones. They are pricey, for the headrests they are about $2000-$2500 installed the difference is wether they use your headrest or you get custom ones done.

Bronze Member
Username: Bjaekle13

Post Number: 11
i got two 8" headrest black leather already installed tv's for 120 a piece. got here
http://www.millionbuy.com/preinstalled.html

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 813
The TV's that have buttons on the front, im guessing one is a volume button.... IF both TV's have this does that mean u have to adjust the volume on both TV's to have them at the same volume. Or is the volume on the remote cover both TV's at once and can you turn them both on at once? Thanks for the help, i wanna buy the TV's but i wanna learn some simple things about them first.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11958
Usually, the button on the front of the monitors are just for setting up the screen and not the volume. The front buttons control the aspect ratio, brightness, NTSC or PAL settings, etc. The volume is centralized from the head unit or through the individual headphones.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8142
those cheap ones can't play the same movie on both, play through a RF adapter, and dont have IR set-up which in my case wireless headset-up is a must.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us